Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #18,526 of 35,472
@Hisoundfi :  Do you have the Macaw GT100 and the Ostry kc06, if you do, plz can you tell me if they are a step above TTPOD T1E and which one you recommend me.
Thx
This questioned can't be directly answered because it's a matter of preference. Yes, some will definitely say either one is an upgrade depending on their preference.

I do find it easier to recommend the Macaws because they offered three tuning filters. They have a awesome level of detail and separation as well.

The fit is tricky. The housings are pretty heavy and without the right tip they can be a real PITA.

The KC06a is epic with a forward presentation and plenty of bass response.

I guess the better thing to do would be to ask what improvements you would like to see over the T1E. That would make this question easier to answer.

Cheers

Sep 29, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #18,527 of 35,472
Hey guys, I need some help in buying a budget IEM. What I want is something with brilliant isolation first and foremost, followed by a bright sound signature.

I love the sound of the Chinese IEMs I have such as the Xiaomi Pistons 2, KZ ATE/ED10, Ostry KC06A and MacaW GT100s but their isolation really sucks on the London Underground. The London Underground is old and crappy so the tubes screech like a banshee. I know foams help a lot with isolation but I don't like the sound from foams as much as silicone tips. 

Out of the IEMs I had, I remember my Etymotic HF5s and UE700s were really good with isolation. Out of the IEMs I currently have, the Heir Audio 3.Ai S have the best isolation but it's a bit too expensive for me to take out and about all the time. I would say next are the EarSonics SM3 I have but I plan to sell those on eBay. 

I don't know if it's because BA IEMs are mainly closed or because of their design, but those 4 seem to isolate pretty well compared to the dynamics that I've got from China over the last few months.

Does anyone know of something that will fit what I want?

If no such thing exists I will most likely go for the Etymotic MK5s but at £50 here in the UK (~$75), they're not exactly cheap although still very affordable. 
Dude, you should just up the anti and get the er4p and be done with it. It's perfect for what you're looking for. If you can handle a little bass with that bright signature, Vsonic gr07 or vsd5 might be the answer.

Sep 29, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #18,529 of 35,472
  Hey guys, I need some help in buying a budget IEM. What I want is something with brilliant isolation first and foremost, followed by a bright sound signature.

I love the sound of the Chinese IEMs I have such as the Xiaomi Pistons 2, KZ ATE/ED10, Ostry KC06A and MacaW GT100s but their isolation really sucks on the London Underground. The London Underground is old and crappy so the tubes screech like a banshee. I know foams help a lot with isolation but I don't like the sound from foams as much as silicone tips. 

Out of the IEMs I had, I remember my Etymotic HF5s and UE700s were really good with isolation. Out of the IEMs I currently have, the Heir Audio 3.Ai S have the best isolation but it's a bit too expensive for me to take out and about all the time. I would say next are the EarSonics SM3 I have but I plan to sell those on eBay. 

I don't know if it's because BA IEMs are mainly closed or because of their design, but those 4 seem to isolate pretty well compared to the dynamics that I've got from China over the last few months.

Does anyone know of something that will fit what I want?

If no such thing exists I will most likely go for the Etymotic MK5s but at £50 here in the UK (~$75), they're not exactly cheap although still very affordable. 

cool.gif
I will EASILY recommend the Bette F3 10mm. They are simply Brilliant. A little bright for my personal taste but they will be right up your alley. I really haven't heard anything better in quite some time. You would have to go many, many times their pricepoint to get any significant improvement in SQ.

JMHO, and I'm sticking with it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814718008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 29, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #18,530 of 35,472

cool.gif
I will EASILY recommend the Bette F3 10mm. They are simply Brilliant. A little bright for my personal taste but they will be right up your alley. I really haven't heard anything better in quite some time. You would have to go many, many times their pricepoint to get any significant improvement in SQ.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814718008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

@TwinACStacks, how would you describe them, compared to the Deltas?

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #18,532 of 35,472
  I set up a tao bao account. So now I am having a tough time setting up ali play. Can't I just pay by paypal or credit card directly?

I always pay directly using my credit card on aliexpress. Paypal may not be an option though...

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #18,533 of 35,472
:cool: I will EASILY recommend the Bette F3 10mm. They are simply Brilliant. A little bright for my personal taste but they will be right up your alley. I really haven't heard anything better in quite some time. You would have to go many, many times their pricepoint to get any significant improvement in SQ.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

By any chance have you compared the Bette's to these:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-Go-Pro-K3003-Ring-Iron-Earphones-Better-Than-IE800-IE80-Fever-HIFI-In-ear-Move/32447398881.html

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #18,535 of 35,472

But can I pay directly on Tao bao with a credit card directly? Am pissed off trying to make an Alipay account running into errors

Sorry, I misunderstood your question... I have never bought from taobao and hence cannot help you there...

Sep 29, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #18,537 of 35,472
Never made an AliPay account. I always pay via credit card on AliExpress. Works.

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #18,538 of 35,472
This phone looks interesting : QKZ ZS1
5 votes (all 5 stars) and only 1 order! Interesting puzzle.
But when you check the feedback page there are references to some "E-Blue Cobra headphones".
It's just getting stranger.
Anyways the ZS1 looks nice.

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #18,539 of 35,472

But can I pay directly on Tao bao with a credit card directly? Am pissed off trying to make an Alipay account running into errors

you can only pay directly on taobao if your credit/debit card is link to your alipay account. I am not sure though if alipay accept credit/debit cards issued outside China. Another thing to take note is, most sellers do not ship to other countries but of course you can have an arrangement with the seller.

Sep 29, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #18,540 of 35,472
This phone looks interesting : QKZ ZS1
5 votes (all 5 stars) and only 1 order! Interesting puzzle.
But when you check the feedback page there are references to some "E-Blue Cobra headphones".
It's just getting stranger.
Anyways the ZS1 looks nice.

That model is most likely a slightly cheaper ZN1 without the EQ-/Amp-Module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back