Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #18,556 of 35,472
  Anyone heard or have any info on these? They look cool but it'd be nice if someone actually had heard them.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Headphone-Earphone-For-Phone-Sport-Headset-with-microphone-ecouteur-audifonos-fone-de-ouvido-auriculares-original-Y1/830204_32394747875.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Headphone-Sport-Earphone-Waterproof-Mobile-Running-Headset-with-microphone-Stereo-MP3-earhook-W5/830204_32392864153.html

thanks for any and all info

I bought the Votts Y1s and to be honest they were a profound disappointment, which is a shame because they are nicely built and they are really comfortable to wear. They have a rotating nozzle similiar to VSonic AN16 and Vivo XE800. I bought them thinking I was was going to find a sound similar to a VSonic or Vivo; however, they sound muddy and unfocused. If I had to do it over I'd stay away.
frown.gif

Sep 29, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #18,557 of 35,472
By any chance have you compared the Bette's to these:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-Go-Pro-K3003-Ring-Iron-Earphones-Better-Than-IE800-IE80-Fever-HIFI-In-ear-Move/32447398881.html

Bought these myself, believe they are the same as above:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Improved-Version-Better-Than-IE800-IE80-IE8-HIFI-in-ear-ceramic-earphone-earbud-headphones-enthusiast-headset/32439793220.html

So far they are easily my best purchase off of aliexpress, amazing earphones for the price. Yes they are better than the Bette's. 
I bought them with the silver cable, which is a really good cable, it feels like a quality cable. You can tell the connection is different from the real AKG's, if this is an attempted fake, that connection is sloppy compared to the real thing. On the other hand, earphone has same weight and feel as a real AKG, and has AKG stamped on the outside. I am almost scared to compare them to my real $800 or so pair of K3003's. 
Cheers. 

Sep 29, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #18,558 of 35,472

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Improved-Version-Better-Than-IE800-IE80-IE8-HIFI-in-ear-ceramic-earphone-earbud-headphones-enthusiast-headset/32439793220.html

So far they are easily my best purchase off of aliexpress, amazing earphones for the price. Yes they are better than the Bette's. 
I bought them with the silver cable, which is a really good cable, it feels like a quality cable. You can tell the connection is different from the real AKG's, if this is an attempted fake, that connection is sloppy compared to the real thing. On the other hand, earphone has same weight and feel as a real AKG, and has AKG stamped on the outside. I am almost scared to compare them to my real $800 or so pair of K3003's. 
Cheers. 

How about it compard to KEF M200?

Sep 29, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #18,559 of 35,472

cool.gif
Brighter overall. Detailed beyond belief, (due some to the Brighter sig. I'm sure), Way more balanced. Bass is much faster and more controlled. The soundstage is weird to describe. It is Enormous but focused. It is not overly wide but it is as 3 dimensional as I've ever heard. You hear things in recordings you never knew were there and they come at you from all directions. ADD TO THIS the best channel separation I've heard yet to date and you get kind of an Idea. At first listen you might think it was "congested" until you hear it bloom. It can take you to the bow scraping the violin's strings, the floutist moving their feet, and then transport you to the 7th row in an Ampitheater in front of the whole Symphony Orchestra production. The descriptive term that keeps coming to my mind is: "Surgically Precise". These are pretty much the Earphone Version of AKG K701 only with more bass extension.

The Four Seasons (my fave) by Vivaldi is STUNNING.

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oh??? That's really intriguing.. I'll stick to the Deltas for a bit since I just got them but will be looking out if the Bettes go on discount. Thanks! 

Will be check out The Four Seasons too. 
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
No I have not. But they are on my short list to buy. I have heard they are very good and have an insanely wide sound stage presentation. Best Price on those I have seen is about $79 USD. If they are 1/2 as good as the Real ones (AKG) they would be well worth it.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Keep us posted!

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #18,560 of 35,472

Cheers. 

cool.gif
Do You have the 10mm Bettes? (not the i.valux).  I'm finding it hard to believe they are any better than the Real 10mm.

But then again they are more expensive and the Chinese keep raising the sonic bar, so I really shouldn't be surprised. So far the Bettes are the best I've heard technically. That being said, I really prefer the Darker signatures of my Zircons and deltas for extended listening.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 29, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #18,561 of 35,472
Sep 29, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #18,562 of 35,472

Cheers. 

Great information, thanks for letting me know. I can't wait for the package now.
It's amazing how quick China's branded electronics is becoming the best bang for buck, and quality is becoming better and better. As well as service. Cheers to China....:beers:

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #18,563 of 35,472

cool.gif
Do You have the 10mm Bettes? (not the i.valux).  I'm finding it hard to believe they are any better than the Real 10mm.

But then again they are more expensive and the Chinese keep raising the sonic bar, so I really shouldn't be surprised. So far the Bettes are the best I've heard technically. That being said, I really prefer the Darker signatures of my Zircons and deltas for extended listening.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

The Bettes and ivalux seems to be similar OEM models hm.. At this price I kinda doubt that there's any ripping off to do.

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #18,564 of 35,472
I also bought from the same seller as you @carlson, ordered the silver plated version, she shipped them out lightning quick.

Great seller so far, communicates very well.

Sep 30, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #18,565 of 35,472
  Hey guys, I need some help in buying a budget IEM. What I want is something with brilliant isolation first and foremost, followed by a bright sound signature.

I love the sound of the Chinese IEMs I have such as the Xiaomi Pistons 2, KZ ATE/ED10, Ostry KC06A and MacaW GT100s but their isolation really sucks on the London Underground. The London Underground is old and crappy so the tubes screech like a banshee. I know foams help a lot with isolation but I don't like the sound from foams as much as silicone tips. 

Out of the IEMs I had, I remember my Etymotic HF5s and UE700s were really good with isolation. Out of the IEMs I currently have, the Heir Audio 3.Ai S have the best isolation but it's a bit too expensive for me to take out and about all the time. I would say next are the EarSonics SM3 I have but I plan to sell those on eBay. 

I don't know if it's because BA IEMs are mainly closed or because of their design, but those 4 seem to isolate pretty well compared to the dynamics that I've got from China over the last few months.

Does anyone know of something that will fit what I want?

If no such thing exists I will most likely go for the Etymotic MK5s but at £50 here in the UK (~$75), they're not exactly cheap although still very affordable. 

You could also consider the new Brainwavz S3's. They've got a very nice sound and (at least to me ) isolates really well. 

Sep 30, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #18,566 of 35,472

cool.gif
Carlsan, I really don't know. The ORIGINAL was only available in Red (Rose) with no markings whatsoever. I don't know if Bette changed their design or another manufacturer took over. There is also an 8mm Version that some say is very good. Now you have me hopeful on this K3003 again, I had kinda put that on the back burner when I got the Bette. ALSO: I'm noticing the original black corded version won't be available for a while on all the websites. Is there a difference between the Black and Silver corded ones, other than the cords?

Here are links to the BETTE Store (original seller).  Notice the Title and descriptions. Also notice the sound port on the rear of the Red Bette is off center whereas the sound port on the i.valux is dead center, at least on one of the pics.

Original listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814718008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Newer listing
http://www.ebay.com/itm/i-VALUX-Hybrid-Dynamic-Balanced-Armature-Hi-Fi-In-Ear-Monitors-IEMS-Headphones-/221889567575?talgo=origal&tfrom=321814718008&ttype=price&tpos=unknow
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 30, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #18,567 of 35,472
cool.gif
I do think the manufacturing of the Chinese mass-produced Earphones is wildly erratic, at BEST. What I believe happens is the original Manufacturer comes up with a design and makes xxx number of units, then when the demand becomes more than they can handle production-wise it gets farmed out to a bunch of smaller vendors who can produce the same item under that manufacturers branding. This is an educated guess. Just based on the Sheer population numbers in Asia you can almost rely on this practice, as these smaller manufacturers can't keep up with supply/demand.

It is possible I lucked into a NEAR-PERFECT Pair of Bettes and others just don't quite sound the same. Other forumers have run into this phenomena with the KZ ANV's, and others. There is a big difference in sound between my 2 pairs of KZ ED10's as well. One has huge Bass while the other is Mid-centric.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #18,568 of 35,472

cool.gif
I do think the manufacturing of the Chinese mass-produced Earphones is wildly erratic, at BEST. What I believe happens is the original Manufacturer comes up with a design and makes xxx number of units, then when the demand becomes more than they can handle production-wise it gets farmed out to a bunch of smaller vendors who can produce the same item under that manufacturers branding. This is an educated guess. Just based on the Sheer population numbers in Asia you can almost rely on this practice, as these smaller manufacturers can't keep up with supply/demand.

It is possible I lucked into a NEAR-PERFECT Pair of Bettes and others just don't quite sound the same. Other forumers have run into this phenomena with the KZ ANV's, and others. There is a big difference in sound between my 2 pairs of KZ ED10's as well. One has huge Bass while the other is Mid-centric.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Or maybe you have potatoes in your ears...

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #18,569 of 35,472

The seller also has DIY IE800 so I may buy both. Do you think they're better than Klipsch x10s?

I don't have the Klipsch x10s so I'm not much help, sorry : \

i've been eyeing them for long now. Didnt buy them since I couldn't find many reviews. Can you compare them to your Ali LTD and Titan1 ?

thanks

Titan1 has more depth, similar width in its stage and less bass impact/isolation. Ali-CKR9 has more warmth and is more intimate. I prefer the timbre of the Titan1(it sounds more natural to me) as the Ali-CKR9 reminds me of the CKS-1000 (which is a bit plasticky). Titan1 is a more neutral sounding 'phone with much better refined treble and overall tuning, imo. 

Sep 30, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #18,570 of 35,472
  Or maybe you have potatoes in your ears...

cool.gif
Possibly. I wouldn't doubt that 30+ years playing in front of Marshall Stacks hasn't done SOME damage....

I'm still hell on Bass though....

biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
TWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back