1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joemama

I bought the Votts Y1s and to be honest they were a profound disappointment, which is a shame because they are nicely built and they are really comfortable to wear. They have a rotating nozzle similiar to VSonic AN16 and Vivo XE800. I bought them thinking I was was going to find a sound similar to a VSonic or Vivo; however, they sound muddy and unfocused. If I had to do it over I'd stay away. [​IMG]

CADCAM likes this.
  2. Carlsan

Bought these myself, believe they are the same as above:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Improved-Version-Better-Than-IE800-IE80-IE8-HIFI-in-ear-ceramic-earphone-earbud-headphones-enthusiast-headset/32439793220.html

So far they are easily my best purchase off of aliexpress, amazing earphones for the price. Yes they are better than the Bette's. 
    I bought them with the silver cable, which is a really good cable, it feels like a quality cable. You can tell the connection is different from the real AKG's, if this is an attempted fake, that connection is sloppy compared to the real thing. On the other hand, earphone has same weight and feel as a real AKG, and has AKG stamped on the outside. I am almost scared to compare them to my real $800 or so pair of K3003's. 
    Cheers. 

3. yangian
    How about it compard to KEF M200?

4. RedTwilight

Oh??? That's really intriguing.. I'll stick to the Deltas for a bit since I just got them but will be looking out if the Bettes go on discount. Thanks! 

Will be check out The Four Seasons too. [​IMG]

Keep us posted!

5. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] Do You have the 10mm Bettes? (not the i.valux).  I'm finding it hard to believe they are any better than the Real 10mm.

But then again they are more expensive and the Chinese keep raising the sonic bar, so I really shouldn't be surprised. So far the Bettes are the best I've heard technically. That being said, I really prefer the Darker signatures of my Zircons and deltas for extended listening.

[​IMG][​IMG] TWIN

6. Carlsan
  7. audioxxx

Great information, thanks for letting me know. I can't wait for the package now.
    It's amazing how quick China's branded electronics is becoming the best bang for buck, and quality is becoming better and better. As well as service. Cheers to China....:beers:

8. RedTwilight

The Bettes and ivalux seems to be similar OEM models hm.. At this price I kinda doubt that there's any ripping off to do.

9. audioxxx
    I also bought from the same seller as you @carlson, ordered the silver plated version, she shipped them out lightning quick.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Improved-Version-Better-Than-IE800-IE80-IE8-HIFI-in-ear-ceramic-earphone-earbud-headphones-enthusiast-headset/32439793220.html

Great seller so far, communicates very well.

10. peter123

You could also consider the new Brainwavz S3's. They've got a very nice sound and (at least to me ) isolates really well. 

11. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] Carlsan, I really don't know. The ORIGINAL was only available in Red (Rose) with no markings whatsoever. I don't know if Bette changed their design or another manufacturer took over. There is also an 8mm Version that some say is very good. Now you have me hopeful on this K3003 again, I had kinda put that on the back burner when I got the Bette. ALSO: I'm noticing the original black corded version won't be available for a while on all the websites. Is there a difference between the Black and Silver corded ones, other than the cords?

Here are links to the BETTE Store (original seller).  Notice the Title and descriptions. Also notice the sound port on the rear of the Red Bette is off center whereas the sound port on the i.valux is dead center, at least on one of the pics.

Original listing:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/321814718008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Newer listing
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/i-VALUX-Hybrid-Dynamic-Balanced-Armature-Hi-Fi-In-Ear-Monitors-IEMS-Headphones-/221889567575?talgo=origal&tfrom=321814718008&ttype=price&tpos=unknow
    [​IMG][​IMG] TWIN

12. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] I do think the manufacturing of the Chinese mass-produced Earphones is wildly erratic, at BEST. What I believe happens is the original Manufacturer comes up with a design and makes xxx number of units, then when the demand becomes more than they can handle production-wise it gets farmed out to a bunch of smaller vendors who can produce the same item under that manufacturers branding. This is an educated guess. Just based on the Sheer population numbers in Asia you can almost rely on this practice, as these smaller manufacturers can't keep up with supply/demand.

It is possible I lucked into a NEAR-PERFECT Pair of Bettes and others just don't quite sound the same. Other forumers have run into this phenomena with the KZ ANV's, and others. There is a big difference in sound between my 2 pairs of KZ ED10's as well. One has huge Bass while the other is Mid-centric.

[​IMG][​IMG] TWIN

13. Charliemotta
    Or maybe you have potatoes in your ears...

14. Euphonik

I don't have the Klipsch x10s so I'm not much help, sorry : \

Titan1 has more depth, similar width in its stage and less bass impact/isolation. Ali-CKR9 has more warmth and is more intimate. I prefer the timbre of the Titan1(it sounds more natural to me) as the Ali-CKR9 reminds me of the CKS-1000 (which is a bit plasticky). Titan1 is a more neutral sounding 'phone with much better refined treble and overall tuning, imo. 

15. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] Possibly. I wouldn't doubt that 30+ years playing in front of Marshall Stacks hasn't done SOME damage....

I'm still hell on Bass though....

[​IMG][​IMG] TWIN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.