Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #18,586 of 35,472
Don`t agree. More detailed than ATE? No, especially when Yinjw bass/midbass is "covering" other FR details. At most I could say they are on par with details with stock ATE-b. With modded ATE-b they are clearly inferior. Not a personal preference thingy.
Maybe it`s about our units QC / sound difference, source gear or sound signature preference difference but If someone is aiming only for SQ, I would pick latter mentioned KZ`s over it, especially when considering price.
Don`t want to argue, just my honest subjective opinion.

Btw, what is Your source gear with those Yinjw`s? Any EQ being used?

Oct 1, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #18,587 of 35,472
  Don`t agree. More detailed than ATE? No, especially when Yinjw bass/midbass is "covering" other FR details. At most I could say they are on par with details with stock ATE-b.
With modded ATE-b they are clearly inferior. Not a personal preference thingy.
Maybe it`s about our units QC / sound difference, source gear or sound signature preference difference but If someone is aiming only for SQ, I would pick latter mentioned KZ`s over it, especially when considering price.
Don`t want to argue, just my honest subjective opinion.

You can see other reviews. Seems most of us have impression that its bass does not touch other PR. Its bass quantity is not that much, much less than Zircons. Or maybe you need to burn a little bit, or possibly, a QC problem.

Oct 1, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #18,588 of 35,472
  You can see other reviews. Seems most of us have impression that its bass does not touch other PR. Its bass quantity is not that much, much less than Zircons. Or maybe you need to burn a little bit, or possibly, a QC problem.

My google can't find any reviews for it. If you're a kind soul, giving me a link will be appreciated.

By the way, is chinese speakers allowed to discuss here?

Oct 1, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #18,589 of 35,472

Please point me to those other reviews. Would like to see those ppl source gear, preferences etc. difference with mine. That I have already covered that Zircons are in their nature V-shaped and quite bassy (though, seem to be very tip dependent) for me subjectively by many impressions. Though, only way to get impression is to listen Yourself but sorry, Zircons don`t appeal to me.

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #18,590 of 35,472

Please point me to those other reviews. Would like to see those ppl source gear, preferences etc. difference with mine. That I have already covered that Zircons are in their nature V-shaped and quite bassy (though, seem to be very tip dependent) for me subjectively by many impressions.

Scattered in this thread. You can search Peter123's initial impression here. Anyway, just burn it for a while to see.

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #18,591 of 35,472
Peter123, can`t You please comment on this?

Ok, when I get to home, will leave them "burning in" with Aune T1. We`ll see if they change.

Oct 1, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #18,594 of 35,472
leobigfield, yangian, I think he meant chinese made loudspeakers not language?
rolleyes.gif

And once again yangian...

Oct 1, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #18,595 of 35,472
rolleyes.gif

Kinds. cell phones, laptop +NX1, tablet with Neutron + NX1, laptop+FX Audio DAC/Amp.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-DAC-X6-fever-HiFi-amp-USB-Fiber-Coaxial-Digital-Audio-Decoder-DAC-24BIT-192-Free/32259251491.html
This phone seems picky of source. 

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #18,598 of 35,472

rolleyes.gif

Kinds. cell phones, laptop +NX1, tablet with Neutron + NX1, laptop+FX Audio DAC/Amp.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-DAC-X6-fever-HiFi-amp-USB-Fiber-Coaxial-Digital-Audio-Decoder-DAC-24BIT-192-Free/32259251491.html
This phone seems picky of source. 

Ok, thanks for info, seems quite good gear.

I want to clarify that by saying "too elevated bass/midbass that is also littlebit "woolly and boomy" I didn`t mean it is very bassy IEM.
Not at all. Just that I feel/hear that compared to my personal subjective neutral/balanced/flat reference point they have elevated bass/mid-bass. Not much but it is noticeable with my gear and to my ears. Bass/mid-bass doesn`t seem to bleed much into other FR but it is dominating littlebit, kind of "keeps in background" some of other FR details and gets littlebit overwhelming after some listening. For example atm listening to Porcupine Tree - Ambulance Chasing 16/44 FLAC and floor/mid tom-toms get littlebit too "boomy" and overwhelming. Also bass part is littlebit too "mid-bassy". If what I said makes sense. I don`t know if I describe it correctly but maybe I could say that bass/mid-bass roll-off is too slow? I think this IEM lacks littlebit airiness also, not just with this kind of music.
Like I said, don`t know if it is because of our units QC/production difference, source gear difference or personal sound preference/hearing difference but I will stay at my impressions.

Btw, very large bore tips are must with these, otherwise they get too bassy, imo.

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #18,599 of 35,472
  Ok, thanks for info, seems quite good gear.

I want to clarify that by saying "too elevated bass/midbass that is also littlebit "woolly and boomy" I didn`t mean it is very bassy IEM.
Not at all. Just that I feel/hear that compared to my personal subjective neutral/balanced/flat reference point they have elevated bass/mid-bass. Not much but it is noticeable with my gear and to my ears. Bass/mid-bass doesn`t seem to bleed much into other FR but it is dominating littlebit, kind of "keeps in background" some of other FR details and gets littlebit overwhelming after some listening. For example atm listening to Porcupine Tree - Ambulance Chasing 16/44 FLAC and floor/mid tom-toms get littlebit too "boomy" and overwhelming. Also bass part is littlebit too "mid-bassy". If what I said makes sense. I don`t know if I describe it correctly but maybe I could say that bass/mid-bass roll-off is too slow? I think this IEM lacks littlebit airiness also, not just with this kind of music.
Like I said, don`t know if it is because of our units QC/production difference, source gear difference or personal sound preference/hearing difference but I will stay at my impressions.

Btw, very large bore tips are must with these, otherwise they get too bassy, imo.

Yes. It focuses on mid-bass. But bass is great - tight and fast. Their sound is pretty dark, seems you don't like it. 

Oct 1, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #18,600 of 35,472
When it comes to all these Chinese IEMs such as the K3003 and IE800 copies/clones/whatever, I assume the isolation is good, but I am wondering, does that also mean that people near you cannot hear the music you're playing? That's an absolute must for me... and nice seal so that no one can hear a peep out of my IEMs or cans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back