Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 28, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #21,166 of 75,356
I decided to try and open my CF2 today. I figured I would take the risk of possibly ruining a driver since it sounds identical to my Vido anyway, and the not know for sure if Vido drivers were in here or not was driving me nuts lol.
IMG_20170628_110203.jpg
IMG_20170628_110229.jpg
IMG_20170628_110315.jpg

I managed to get inside both sides of the CF2 without breaking anything. Any other CF2 owners out there will be happy to know that the CF2 does not use a Vido driver. The glue covering the voicecoil is black on the CF2 vs the green on the Vido. The notched hole the voicecoil wires go through is a V shape on the CF2 vs the U shape of the Vido. My digital caliper reads the diameter of the CF2 magnet as 8.7mm vs 8.9mm on the Vido.

I find it facinating that they measure nearly identically, have the exact same impedance and sensitivity, yet are in fact different. I still feel they sound the same or at least so close that I don't think I could tell them apart in an ABX test.

I hope this clears things up for anyone that has been reading my posts about these two buds. I apologize to anyone if they feel my posts led them a stray. That was never my intention. I am just trying to report my findings as honestly as I can. I also apologize to Herry if I have caused him any grief over this.

Jun 28, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #21,167 of 75,356
I decided to try and open my CF2 today. I figured I would take the risk of possibly ruining a driver since it sounds identical to my Vido anyway, and the not know for sure if Vido drivers were in here or not was driving me nuts lol.

I managed to get inside both sides of the CF2 without breaking anything. Any other CF2 owners out there will be happy to know that the CF2 does not use a Vido driver. The glue covering the voicecoil is black on the CF2 vs the green on the Vido. The notched hole the voicecoil wires go through is a V shape on the CF2 vs the U shape of the Vido. My digital caliper reads the diameter of the CF2 magnet as 8.7mm vs 8.9mm on the Vido.

I find it facinating that they measure nearly identically, have the exact same impedance and sensitivity, yet are in fact different. I still feel they sound the same or at least so close that I don't think I could tell them apart in an ABX test.

I hope this clears things up for anyone that has been reading my posts about these two buds. I apologize to anyone if they feel my posts led them a stray. That was never my intention. I am just trying to report my findings as honestly as I can. I also apologize to Herry if I have caused him any grief over this.

What's the link to the Vido bud? I'll order this on my next run.

Jun 28, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #21,168 of 75,356
What's the link to the Vido bud? I'll order this on my next run.

Here you go.

Edit: Just to let you know, there have been a few reports of possible quality control issues with the Vido, and my pair does have poor driver matching in the treble area. So depending on what you get your experience may differ greatly from mine or others. If you get a good or decent one though I think you will be in for a treat if you like your CF2.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #21,172 of 75,356
Just got mine yesterday. They sound fantastic and are easy to drive.

What are you driving them with? I have to push the volume to about 80+% on my Galaxy S8+. I'm sure my Fiio X5iii wouldn't have a problem with them, but I'm using that to burn in my VE Zen Silver Dragons at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back