Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Feb 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #18,601 of 42,298
I don't have any experiences with the RP line, but these guys have a lot of solutions.  I'd recommend contacting them directly about your turntable to see what they recommend, or If they recommend anything.  Their products are geogeous, I have a clamp for my turntable and cleaning machine.

http://www.ttweights.com/whichclamp.html

Quote:
Hehe. Thanks for all your responses fellas. I love this thread. Now, it's time to look for a clamp for a Rega P5. Don't suppose you gents have any suggestions

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #18,602 of 42,298

Quote:

Very odd (in place of ECC33).

Blackmore was the one who found out what they were, I was not sure of their origin.
I just new they were not ECC33.
Very odd indeed. 

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #18,603 of 42,298

Quote:
Blackmore was the one who found out what they were, I was not sure of their origin.
I just new they were not ECC33.
Very odd indeed. 

That is correct. I did not know and sold them to him. He discovered the type and let me know then I contacted Langrex and at the beginning they were still claiming they were Mullard produced for the American market but after challenging them more they finally accepted the real origin and allow us to return them for a refund.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 5, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #18,604 of 42,298
Very nice Shipsupt. Many thanks for the link.

Quote:
I don't have any experiences with the RP line, but these guys have a lot of solutions.  I'd recommend contacting them directly about your turntable to see what they recommend, or If they recommend anything.  Their products are geogeous, I have a clamp for my turntable and cleaning machine.

http://www.ttweights.com/whichclamp.html

Feb 5, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #18,605 of 42,298

Quote:

Really interested in these results. My dedicated music computer is an iMac that I run windows off of to use J. River. This would be an interesting option

Edit: Have you ever gone to the Glendale Brand Library Branch? They have a pretty good selection and you can take up to 20 CDs out at a time. 

It worked out well. The 64-bit Amarra iTunes Plug-in was only an issue with iTunes 10.4, as it was a 32-bit program. iTunes 10.5.3. is 64-bit, so no need to trash the preferences in Amarra or the 64-bit plug-in. The other work-a-round if you don't want to trash anything is to simply open up (through Finder) iTunes and check "Open up in 32-bit mode."

In my opinion, as well as Amarra's opinion, is to run the program under Snow Leopard if you have the luxury. Lion is ok for audio but SL is better. I simply dual-boot my internal solid state drive for each kitty. My Woo has proven to be patient; enduring, but at some point it'd really rather these cats upstream had their act together. 
rolleyes.gif

Never ventured to Glendale's Library. Rarely go to Glendale save for NASD exams or something industry related. When speeding West from Pasadena I'll notice the city for a hot minute, perhaps. I'm more of an LA Basin (and surrounding areas) type. Often prefer University libraries. Do love Redondo Beach Main 'cause it's 2 blks from the beach. 
biggrin.gif
 The famed Jazz & Classical Flautist, Composer & Conductor James Newton use to Chair the UC Irvine Music Dept - granted me full access to the Media Center for research. So, whenever I feel like makin' it down... 
wink.gif

Lastly, if I've no other media checked out,I can take 30 CD's. And since I've long volunteered my time and donated media as well, some branches let me take what I need. Returning somewhat on topic, are you using Boot Camp to achieve J. River? 

Currently in-session with Billy Cobham - Spectrum (Remastered)

Post Script.:  A bit sleepy; got the description for the two James' mixed up. Now corrected. 
dt880smile.png

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #18,606 of 42,298
Hey owners,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to keep my WA6 dust-free?

I keep it on my desktop, so there's nothing above it to cover it from falling dust, and it requires dusting about once a week.

Has anyone ever created a case for their WA6? (That obviously gets taken off during use) Or any other suggestions to keep it clean?

Thanks!

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #18,607 of 42,298
Some people have built plexiglass cases. 

Personally, I think dust is dust, and it's a part of life.  I just wipe my amp off every week.  Of all the things to worry about in life, I choose to not worry about dust.

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #18,608 of 42,298

Quote:

Personally, I think dust is dust, and it's a part of life.  I just wipe my amp off every week.  Of all the things to worry about in life, I choose to not worry about dust.

haha I like this response... 
biggrin.gif

+1

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #18,609 of 42,298
A can of compressed air does wonders to get the dust off a Woo.

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #18,610 of 42,298

Quote:

while this tends to be my attitude for most things, i am a smoker and my concern is for nicotine/tar/smoke accumulating on the tubes themselves.  i can't imagine this is good for them.  i don't mind exposing them during listening sessions but would like to cover them up when not in use.  i'm thinking something soft along the lines of a toaster cover :wink:

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #18,611 of 42,298

Quote:

Lastly, if I've no other media checked out,I can take 30 CD's. And since I've long volunteered my time and donated media as well, some branches let me take what I need. Returning somewhat on topic, are you using Boot Camp to achieve J. River? 

Yes, I went back to using Boot Camp. For a hot minute I was running Parallels Desktop which worked fine. I just did not fully understand how Windows 7 was embedded in my Mac OSX operating system and if any emulation was being run which could possibly involve another running process between the files and my ears (if any of that rambling makes sense)

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #18,612 of 42,298
Tubes were designed to take somewhat of a beating.  I mean, if soldiers were supposed to rely on tubes in their radios during napalm raids, I'm sure they can handle a little smoke and tar.  Your lungs on the other hand.....

Quote:
while this tends to be my attitude for most things, i am a smoker and my concern is for nicotine/tar/smoke accumulating on the tubes themselves.  i can't imagine this is good for them.  i don't mind exposing them during listening sessions but would like to cover them up when not in use.  i'm thinking something soft along the lines of a toaster cover :wink:

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #18,613 of 42,298

Quote:
Tubes were designed to take somewhat of a beating.  I mean, if soldiers were supposed to rely on tubes in their radios during napalm raids, I'm sure they can handle a little smoke and tar.  Your lungs on the other hand.....

good point.  but...  i think i saw/read somewhere that you shouldn't handle tubes with your bare hands as the oils from your fingers could "cook" when the tube is up to temp and potentially crack the glass.  wouldn't this also be the case for other oils such as tar?  or am i just being too paranoid?

as to my lungs, well, there is wishful thinking and then there is the harsh reality of addiction.  someday soon!  but, hey, i've said that many times before :wink:

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #18,614 of 42,298
I have read this concern over finger prints and oils on tubes, and it is unfounded.  Would you expect soldiers to wear white cotton gloves every time they needed to change or re-seat tubes in their radios?  Plus, if you look at the Woo owner's manuals, they show someone seating tubes with bare fingers
basshead.gif

Bottom line, no need to worry.  Tubes can take a pretty decent beating.  I'm not saying to go ahead and abuse them, but they need NOT be babied like some people do.  Do you wear gloves to change a light bulb?  Do you turn on a light bulb and then only turn it off after it's been running for a minimum of an hour?  Are you scared of smoke ruining a light bulb?

Quote:
good point.  but...  i think i saw/read somewhere that you shouldn't handle tubes with your bare hands as the oils from your fingers could "cook" when the tube is up to temp and potentially crack the glass.  wouldn't this also be the case for other oils such as tar?  or am i just being too paranoid?

as to my lungs, well, there is wishful thinking and then there is the harsh reality of addiction.  someday soon!  but, hey, i've said that many times before :wink:

Edit: the NOT above was kind of an important edit.

Feb 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #18,615 of 42,298
Thanks for the responses guys, I think then I'll just leave it as it, and just keep dusting it every week. Maybe I'mm look into the toaster cover, if I can find a decent one that isn't too gaudy. :)

Hopefully I'll be able to get a sort of shelf setup happening soon, where I can at least have something over top of the WA6 to curb the amount of dust accumulating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back