Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jul 15, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #11,746 of 42,298

Quote:
WA6 to WA6SE to WA5: All have been extremely reliable, no issues whatsoever. 

All of my amps have been dead silent, no mechanical or self generated noise. 

The overall build quality both inside and out really outclasses many other pieces on the market; many selling for multiple times the price of a Woo Audio. 

And though it has been said I will reiterate: Jack is one of the most stand-up guys in this industry; if any issues do arise he will do what it takes to solve them in a timely and courteous fashion.

Come and join the club! 

x4

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #11,747 of 42,298

Quote:
WA6 to WA6SE to WA5: All have been extremely reliable, no issues whatsoever. 

All of my amps have been dead silent, no mechanical or self generated noise. 

The overall build quality both inside and out really outclasses many other pieces on the market; many selling for multiple times the price of a Woo Audio. 

And though it has been said I will reiterate: Jack is one of the most stand-up guys in this industry; if any issues do arise he will do what it takes to solve them in a timely and courteous fashion.

Come and join the club! 

Thanks for the reply.   I'm giving the WA2 and the WA22 a consideration.   I'm liking the pre amp function of the WA2 as well as a head amp.   I've got the end of the summer pegged for purchase so I'm looking around.  Price of WA2 is what I'm considering but my wallet has been known to have a mind of its own an the WA22 or APEX/V could put me in a buying trance and then before I know it the FedEx will show up...

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #11,750 of 42,298
I was in the London Science Museum last Friday, staring intently at the nice display of tubes in the first picture below. The basement of the museum has a super display of hundreds of household electrical and electronic things, many of which I remember from my childhood, and some, ahem, that I still use.

Then I noticed the little sign at the end of the tube display case....in the second picture below. I make no further comment
smile.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #11,751 of 42,298
My Woo WES arrived just after I left the US on a 3.5-week trip. Oh the agony. But now the pain is over and the pleasure has begun. Right out of the box, it and the SR-007s sound wonderful. The DAC-2 seems like a perfect match. I went to the California Audio Show today, though, and heard the DaVinci 384kHz DAC, and it was fabulous. A tad spendy, though.....

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #11,752 of 42,298
^ Wow wow wow wow wow. Very nice to look at this Sunday evening. Thanks, FlyingBear. My wallet just hid somewhere. Now where? Here wallet wallet wallet.

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #11,753 of 42,298
Welcome back ~

FlyingBear, I'm sure it would have been a bit more challenging had your entire wait been Stateside. Your safe return home became a win-win! I bet you're already riffling through song samples. Also, WES. Nerd's Case. Great stuff!
beerchug.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #11,754 of 42,298
Riffling indeed. What I'm really wishing is that I'd borrowed the Nagra VI recorder from my Swiss office that has direct-off-the-mixing-desk captures of great Montreux Jazz Festival concerts. 24 bits and lots of kHz, mostly 88.2 and above. Next trip, maybe....

As so many of you have already experienced, it's wonderful to listen to cherished recordings and hear new (and better) things in them. The instructions for the WES say not to run it for more than 8 hours at a time, though......

Quote:
Welcome back ~

FlyingBear, I'm sure it would have been a bit more challenging had your entire wait been Stateside. Your safe return home became a win-win! I bet you're already riffling through song samples. Also, WES. Nerd's Case. Great stuff!
beerchug.gif

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #11,755 of 42,298
Yes that whole desktop kicks some serious ass FB, do you see an SR-009 in your future just to take it straight over the proverbial top?

Nerd's case lol 
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #11,756 of 42,298
Given the current SR-009 woes (stop ship, some serious problems in the field), I held off. I listened to a pair at Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara a few weeks ago, back-to-back with the SR-007s. Unfortunately, I couldn't use the same amp for both, and the SR-009s had an intermittent channel problem. That turned out to be the same problem that many others are having.

But, even with those issues, and to my relatively unsophisticated ears, the SR-009s had the edge. As they should for the nominal 100% increase in price! Maybe next year, when the bugs are sorted out.

My first and most overriding impression of the SR-007s is that they disappear when I'm listening to the music and doing something else, like typing this posting. I'm only aware of the headphones, versus the music, when I think about it. Interesting. Having spent a day at the California Audio Show, listening to some weird and wonderful stuff (literally....some was weird, some was wonderful), I have a recent memory of some super speaker-based systems. The Magico Q5s and Sony SS-AR1s stand out as particularly good. It's clear that the SR-007s lose out on visceral bass, but win on involvement and imaging. But there's something to be said for a couple of monoblock amps that weigh as much as a pickup truck and speakers that punch you in the gut....

Quote:
Yes that whole desktop kicks some serious ass FB, do you see an SR-009 in your future just to take it straight over the proverbial top?

Nerd's case lol 
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #11,757 of 42,298

Quote:
I was in the London Science Museum last Friday, staring intently at the nice display of tubes in the first picture below. The basement of the museum has a super display of hundreds of household electrical and electronic things, many of which I remember from my childhood, and some, ahem, that I still use.

Then I noticed the little sign at the end of the tube display case....in the second picture below. I make no further comment
smile.gif

Beautiful!

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #11,758 of 42,298

Quote:
My Woo WES arrived just after I left the US on a 3.5-week trip. Oh the agony. But now the pain is over and the pleasure has begun. Right out of the box, it and the SR-007s sound wonderful. The DAC-2 seems like a perfect match. I went to the California Audio Show today, though, and heard the DaVinci 384kHz DAC, and it was fabulous. A tad spendy, though.....

Welcome back FlyingBear.  Glad to hear you have made it back and are enjoying your Woo.  Very nice setup.

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #11,759 of 42,298

Quote:
Riffling indeed. What I'm really wishing is that I'd borrowed the Nagra VI recorder from my Swiss office that has direct-off-the-mixing-desk captures of great Montreux Jazz Festival concerts. 24 bits and lots of kHz, mostly 88.2 and above. Next trip, maybe....

As so many of you have already experienced, it's wonderful to listen to cherished recordings and hear new (and better) things in them. The instructions for the WES say not to run it for more than 8 hours at a time, though......

Prediction: Return with some Montreux Jazz Fest and Silent One will get vocal over his speeding ticket on the '92!' 
dt880smile.png
  Please keep me posted. And not only did your 8 hour limit come quickly, you looked at the clock twice in hopes there was still time... 

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #11,760 of 42,298

Quote:

The 8 hours max is a Woo standard.  I've never run mine for more than 10 hours (sometimes I'm working longer hours).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back