Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jul 13, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #11,718 of 42,298

Quote:
Question for HD800 users, how do you wear it? Does it touch your ears? I read it somewhere that said the best soundstage/image is when it touch the back of your ear.

I've moved it all over the place, and I never hear any changes in the sound stage.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #11,719 of 42,298
Sitting in the shadow of Woo ~

In the early morning hours (0200) I found the time to play my newly arrived Digital Audio Disc: Starker Plays Baker (96/24 kHz). It was love at first listen! However, I did experience a bit of disappoint at the end... that it had to end! Good times are like that. 

Although I've had my WA6SE for a year, my D7000's are only a couple of months old with 300+hours on them, making the pairing still young. So, with excitement I continue to revisit tracks in my library as well as search out and buy new material.

I had not previously heard any of the tracks on the disc. I eagerly sat through with anticipation, open mind and curiosity. Surprisingly, the disc barely scratches 40 minutes tops. In the first 10 minutes I found myself paying attention to the amp and cans, wanting them to make me proud. The first half of the disc, Janos Starker is accompanied only by a percussionist. In the second half, only by a pianist.

As I carefully observed the communication between the two artists, I quickly began to trust with each new twists and turns, not knowing what's to come. Their rapport was excellent! It was akin to being cafe side, overhearing an exchange between two good friends. 11 minutes in, I completely forgot about my Woo and Denon's, they disappeared. That's when you know things are getting good.

It had to be the quickest 40 minutes ever spent under my Denon's. Only a 40 minute massage could have felt shorter! As the DVD stopped spinning, I sat there... for another 15 minutes in silence. Ready to go to bed... or was I?!  
wink_face.gif

This evening's post is neither an amp and headphone review or music review. This account was simply about how they all came together for one man in a moment of magic.  

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #11,720 of 42,298

Quote:
Thanks, I did tried all the positions possible and the result is wearing lower and more forward sounds the best.

I'm going to have to try it lower and more forward.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #11,722 of 42,298
Jul 13, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #11,723 of 42,298

Quote:
Sitting in the shadow of Woo ~

In the early morning hours (0200) I found the time to play my newly arrived Digital Audio Disc: Starker Plays Baker (96/24 kHz). It was love at first listen! However, I did experience a bit of disappoint at the end... that it had to end! Good times are like that. 

Although I've had my WA6SE for a year, my D7000's are only a couple of months old with 300+hours on them, making the pairing still young. So, with excitement I continue to revisit tracks in my library as well as search out and buy new material.

I had not previously heard any of the tracks on the disc. I eagerly sat through with anticipation, open mind and curiosity. Surprisingly, the disc barely scratches 40 minutes tops. In the first 10 minutes I found myself paying attention to the amp and cans, wanting them to make me proud. The first half of the disc, Janos Starker is accompanied only by a percussionist. In the second half, only by a pianist.

As I carefully observed the communication between the two artists, I quickly began to trust with each new twists and turns, not knowing what's to come. Their rapport was excellent! It was akin to being cafe side, overhearing an exchange between two good friends. 11 minutes in, I completely forgot about my Woo and Denon's, they disappeared. That's when you know things are getting good.

It had to be the quickest 40 minutes ever spent under my Denon's. Only a 40 minute massage could have felt shorter! As the DVD stopped spinning, I sat there... for another 15 minutes in silence. Ready to go to bed... or was I?!  
wink_face.gif

This evening's post is neither an amp and headphone review or music review. This account was simply about how they all came together for one man in a moment of magic.  

I love reading these posts when people have moments were everything comes together like you describe.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #11,724 of 42,298

Quote:
Could this be due to the Senn's angled drivers?

Could be what I am listening to also.  Am on ramdom play tonight.  Spent the day listening to Radio Paradise on the BDP-1 while I was ripping CD's during the day.  Listening to my "new" stuff tonight.

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #11,725 of 42,298

Quote:

Could be what I am listening to also.  Am on ramdom play tonight.  Spent the day listening to Radio Paradise on the BDP-1 while I was ripping CD's during the day.  Listening to my "new" stuff tonight.

What a luxury! Soon, you'll be dreaming sweetly... fondly remembering the last track played.
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #11,727 of 42,298

Quote:
Ofcourse it is, its a Woo-stand! :)

Quote:
danne's system, not mine. Looks like a proper audio stand though 
smile.gif

I really like the table, desk or rack that it all sits on. What more can you tell us about it? My Woo deserves to be pampered!

Jul 14, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #11,728 of 42,298
Its a swedish made rack from a company called Solid Tech.
The modell I use is a custom (swapped to some shorter shelf distances) Solid Tech Solo 4, the original looks like this:

And here is another picture of it at my place:

Could try snap a better rack focused picture some day if you like, the stuff in the shelfs doesnt really show that good in this one.
Quote:
I really like the table, desk or rack that it all sits on. What more can you tell us about it? My Woo deserves to be pampered!

Jul 14, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #11,729 of 42,298

Quote:
The modell I use is a custom (swapped to some shorter shelf distances) Solid Tech Solo 4, the original looks like this:

Could try snap a better rack focused picture some day if you like, the stuff in the shelfs doesnt really show that good in this one.

I was searching all night to find the stand and now I have found it but will not going to get one...my wife will kill me if she ever find out how much this cost.  I did get away few time with the WA22 and old light bulbs purchase in the past.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SOSO4

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #11,730 of 42,298

Quote:

What graphic card are you running to get three monitors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back