Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jul 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #11,732 of 42,298

Quote:
Its just a single ati radeon 5870, its abit weak for maxed out settings in games since the resolution is 6064x1200 (bezel compensated), but it does work pretty good for what it is.

Nice.  Am thinking about moving to three monitors.

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #11,733 of 42,298
I wanted to take a minute and give a shout out to Kalib at ALO.com.

My call to him yesterday was about purchasing their mini portable DAC.  I saw the Head-fi TV piece that Jude did about a portable setup and as I had been planning to get one, I thought what he presented looked good.  However, he was talking about using the Ray Samuels SR-71B headphone amp with the DAC.

When I got Kalib on the phone, I asked him about the difference between their mini portable headphone amp, he was upfront with me and honestly spoke about what was better on the SR-71B. 

That he would be so honest with me about another vendor's products says volumes about the integrity and honesty of those people over there.  I wanted to share my experiences with them so in the event anyone may be torn between two pieces of gear and unsure of what to do, if the folks at ALO tell you something, they do look out for their customers first.

Jul 14, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #11,735 of 42,298

That's very good to know about ALO, thank you. I will keep them in my mind. 

When I got Kalib on the phone, I asked him about the difference between their mini portable headphone amp, he was upfront with me and honestly spoke about what was better on the SR-71B. 

That he would be so honest with me about another vendor's products says volumes about the integrity and honesty of those people over there.  I wanted to share my experiences with them so in the event anyone may be torn between two pieces of gear and unsure of what to do, if the folks at ALO tell you something, they do look out for their customers first.

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #11,736 of 42,298

Quote:
Its just a single ati radeon 5870, its abit weak for maxed out settings in games since the resolution is 6064x1200 (bezel compensated), but it does work pretty good for what it is.

I find the entire ensemble to be stylish; impressive. 

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #11,738 of 42,298

Quote:

Very very nice. Great shot--great angle. Also, it looks like one could get a nice subtle suntan from those three monitors all in a row. Dramamine not included when operating flight simulators or other "in the driver's seat" simulators.
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #11,739 of 42,298
So how is the reliability of the woo products?  As I express my interest in them I sometimes get an occasional PM about troublesome units. More so than any other amps I've expressed interest in.  The PM range from noisy pot to noisy transformers.  So I just thought I'd give the question a whirl here.

Jul 15, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #11,740 of 42,298
Never experienced any of those problems with my 22. I can turn the volume up all the way and hear nothing (with no music playing of course
biggrin.gif
)

Any noise I've had through any of my amps has completely disappeared after I started using a power conditioner.
Quote:
So how is the reliability of the woo products?  As I express my interest in them I sometimes get an occasional PM about troublesome units. More so than any other amps I've expressed interest in.  The PM range from noisy pot to noisy transformers.  So I just thought I'd give the question a whirl here.

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #11,741 of 42,298

Quote:

This is a really good question. 

My experiences with reliability have been excellent.  We must remember these are hand build custom amplifiers and so issues will come up that gear built by robots will never have.  The other part of the equation is that Woo customer service is top notch for everything including headphones and even NOS tubes they sell. 

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #11,742 of 42,298
There certainly doesn't seem to be a theme of reliability issues in this thread.... which would seem like a logical place for it.  Interesting to hear that you heard enough comments to be concerned...

I can offer two things towards this conversation:
1.  My 6SE has been issue free.
2.  x2 on Mike's comments: IF you had an issue you can assured Woo will stand by their product.  In my direct experience they have awesome customer service.

Looking forward to seeing if some of the "issues" raise their head... 
popcorn.gif

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #11,743 of 42,298

Quote:
There certainly doesn't seem to be a theme of reliability issues in this thread.... which would seem like a logical place for it.  Interesting to hear that you heard enough comments to be concerned...

2.  x2 on Mike's comments: IF you had an issue you can assured Woo will stand by their product.  In my direct experience they have awesome customer service.

popcorn.gif

This is all good to know. Nearly 30 years as an audiophile I've had my share of good and bad but in todays internet world it's easier to get feedback than it was before the net.  

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #11,744 of 42,298

Quote:

popcorn.gif

That is an understatement, Jack have fixed my WA22 damaged during shipping from over the big pond.

Jul 15, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #11,745 of 42,298
WA6 to WA6SE to WA5: All have been extremely reliable, no issues whatsoever. 

All of my amps have been dead silent, no mechanical or self generated noise. 

The overall build quality both inside and out really outclasses many other pieces on the market; many selling for multiple times the price of a Woo Audio. 

And though it has been said I will reiterate: Jack is one of the most stand-up guys in this industry; if any issues do arise he will do what it takes to solve them in a timely and courteous fashion.

Come and join the club! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back