Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Sep 8, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #5,266 of 42,298
Quote:
debitsohn said:

thanks! im pretty excited.  have no money for tube rolling right now but Clayton is going to send me some as a welcome to the WA2 club! what a guy.

You're welcome.
Quote:
That does not apply to old timer, especially OP.

WHAT? Huh?
Quote:
WOW, what a guy.

Hey Clayton, would you send us some TS 6SN7GT RPBG or EML 5U4G MP as a welcome, too. 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, welcome to the club debitsohn.
beerchug.gif

Sorry, but the offer expired 10 minutes ago.
biggrin.gif

Hold on. Now wait a "dog gone" minute. I'm doing this so that debitsohn will not get in trouble with his wife. It's the least one can do for helping to drag him into the den of Woo inequity. When his wife looks at the amp and asks: "How much did that cost you!" he can say, "Nothing, it was a gift." Okay, that might be going a little too far. At any rate. Welcome welcome welcome!

Sep 8, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #5,267 of 42,298

Quote:
When his wife looks at the amp and asks: "How much did that cost you!" he can say, "Nothing, it was a gift."

I need some of these too, my wife always ask me how much you just spent on this "Old light bulb".

Sep 9, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #5,270 of 42,298

Quote:
You're welcome.
WHAT? Huh?
Sorry, but the offer expired 10 minutes ago.
biggrin.gif

Hold on. Now wait a "dog gone" minute. I'm doing this so that debitsohn will not get in trouble with his wife. It's the least one can do for helping to drag him into the den of Woo inequity. When his wife looks at the amp and asks: "How much did that cost you!" he can say, "Nothing, it was a gift." Okay, that might be going a little too far. At any rate. Welcome welcome welcome!

What a guy and what a gorgeous community we have...............................
biggrin.gif
, that's sweet huh..............

Quote:
It is hard to not notice the 5 glowing old light bulbs on WA22.  You maybe surprise, the tubes maybe more expensive than the amp...

Close, very close or even more I admitted.

Sep 9, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #5,271 of 42,298
Thought I should stop lurking and post something since my new WA6 just arrived early this week. First post hurrah!

So previously my headphone experience consisted of an un-amped pair of AKG ATH-AD700, I thought these were fantastic (and still do... relatively speaking), but then my business partner had to go and order a pair of AKG 701s and a WA6. person.

I lasted exactly 3 days before I pulled the trigger on my own Black WA6 and a pair of 600ohm Beyer DT 880s.

The wait was excrutiating thanks to USPS missing several tracking scans and thus paranoia building until I'd convinced myself after 10 days the package was lost forever into the ether. Didn't help that my aforementioned business partner got his in 3 days from USPS.

So the first initial 5 minutes was disappointing on the WA6 after I got it plugged in... but after the tubes warmed up I was blown away. It took about 15 - 20 minutes to hit a nice sweet spot and I was on my way (keeping a close ear on changes due to burn in) :) Very happy with the setup now although my wife is going to kill me, especially with future plans for my signal chain.

Currently got my eye on a Dacmagic to replace my lackluster Mbox 2 Mini source. Will start tube rolling after some more burn in time. Got my eye on a certain Princess.

Funny how the upgrade in hardware has changed my musical taste too. I'm now seeking out music of a more acoustic nature than the usual electronic fare I'm usually into. Jazz and Classical now make sense for some reason too :wink: Enjoying my new musical palette!

So glad I found Head-Fi ... Wallet is NOT happy etc etc.

Sep 9, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #5,272 of 42,298

Quote:
You are killing me, ss. Actually, I'm now looking for a 41 or 42 stpepped attenuator, something like the one below but it may be too huge for the limited space. Does you guy have any suggestion?

Correct, the EML 5U4G Mesh Plate is a much better choice than Sophia to my ears.

Actualy for the ALPS RK50 there is a cut out in the bottom plate so the ALPS could fit. Food for thought for that stepped attenuator.

Sep 9, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #5,273 of 42,298

Quote:
Actualy for the ALPS RK50 there is a cut out in the bottom plate so the ALPS could fit. Food for thought for that stepped attenuator.

I have no idea if the RK50 is fit for the WA5LE without any alteration is needed but Jack has quoted the price with labor to this potentiometer is a jewel for me. That's why I want to find something else other than RK50.

Sep 9, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #5,274 of 42,298
When I was ordering my WA5-LE I a;ked to Jack about the RK50. He said that there is some laber ocst to install it since the amplifier requires modifications to the standard chasis in order to be able to fit it. I don't remember exactly the cost but I remember it was over $700 for the upgrade. He also told me that sonically would be very difficult to hear the differences between the stock ALPS and the RK50 that the main difference was the mechanical feel when operated. I would loved to have the extra chas to add the RK50 but it was already an expensive amplifier with al lthe upgrades becuase in addition to the the normal Jack upgrades I added upgraded RCA connectors and I supplied all the internal wiring using all OCC copper and Cardas Eutetic solder.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Sep 9, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #5,275 of 42,298

Quote:
I have no idea if the RK50 is fit for the WA5LE without any alteration is needed but Jack has quoted the price with labor to this potentiometer is a jewel for me. That's why I want to find something else other than RK50.

Take a look at this thread...

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/379445/woo-audio-wa5-le-custom-build-for-sale-see-post-64

Sep 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #5,276 of 42,298

Quote:
When I was ordering my WA5-LE I a;ked to Jack about the RK50. He said that there is some laber ocst to install it since the amplifier requires modifications to the standard chasis in order to be able to fit it. I don't remember exactly the cost but I remember it was over $700 for the upgrade. He also told me that sonically would be very difficult to hear the differences between the stock ALPS and the RK50 that the main difference was the mechanical feel when operated. I would loved to have the extra chas to add the RK50 but it was already an expensive amplifier with al lthe upgrades becuase in addition to the the normal Jack upgrades I added upgraded RCA connectors and I supplied all the internal wiring using all OCC copper and Cardas Eutetic solder.

Thanks for the info, musicman.

Quote:

Take a look at this thread...

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/379445/woo-audio-wa5-le-custom-build-for-sale-see-post-64

John, you're so helpful to keep pushing me to hell.................................
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #5,279 of 42,298

Quote:
Thanks for the info, musicman.

John, you're so helpful to keep pushing me to hell.................................
biggrin.gif

Remember when the RMS Titanic finally went down in the frigid Atlantic ocean dragging every person within its proximity down with it?

Well I'm going UNDER!

Thanks, musicman.

Sep 9, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #5,280 of 42,298

Quote:
Thought I should stop lurking and post something since my new WA6 just arrived early this week. First post hurrah!

So previously my headphone experience consisted of an un-amped pair of AKG ATH-AD700, I thought these were fantastic (and still do... relatively speaking), but then my business partner had to go and order a pair of AKG 701s and a WA6. person.

I lasted exactly 3 days before I pulled the trigger on my own Black WA6 and a pair of 600ohm Beyer DT 880s.

The wait was excrutiating thanks to USPS missing several tracking scans and thus paranoia building until I'd convinced myself after 10 days the package was lost forever into the ether. Didn't help that my aforementioned business partner got his in 3 days from USPS.

So the first initial 5 minutes was disappointing on the WA6 after I got it plugged in... but after the tubes warmed up I was blown away. It took about 15 - 20 minutes to hit a nice sweet spot and I was on my way (keeping a close ear on changes due to burn in) :) Very happy with the setup now although my wife is going to kill me, especially with future plans for my signal chain.

Currently got my eye on a Dacmagic to replace my lackluster Mbox 2 Mini source. Will start tube rolling after some more burn in time. Got my eye on a certain Princess.

Funny how the upgrade in hardware has changed my musical taste too. I'm now seeking out music of a more acoustic nature than the usual electronic fare I'm usually into. Jazz and Classical now make sense for some reason too :wink: Enjoying my new musical palette!

So glad I found Head-Fi ... Wallet is NOT happy etc etc.

1st post!

Welcome to head-fi, and sorry about your wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back