Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Sep 8, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #5,251 of 42,298

Quote:
I have a WA6SE (stock) and I'm currently using the Sophia Princess and a pair of Sylvania 6EW7s.  Is the EML 5U4G mesh a compatible substitute for the Princess, or does it require any modification?  I've been reading this thread but can't find any mention of the 5U4G with the WA6SE, specifically.  I'd like to try a different rectifier, but don't want to do any mods to the amp.

It doesn't require any modification, just put it inside and enjoy the music, simple as that
wink.gif

Sep 8, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #5,252 of 42,298
Thanks for the welcome on the previous pages, so I decided to take your advice and go with WA6-SE. Now the wait for the thing to arrive begins and I hope it'll come to my expectations.
smile.gif
Although I have already read a lot of your impressions of Jack, I must say once again that he really is a great guy to deal with, all the best regarding his manners and attitude to customers. The whole service was, thanks to him very pleasant and enjoyable and I'm sure I'll return to his products in future too.

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #5,253 of 42,298
Welcome and congratulations on your fine amp, be sure to let us have your impressions. The wait will be agonising no doubt but absolutely worth it and yes I'm sure we all agree 110% that Jack is a great guy to deal with and on top of this he makes the finest amps, that guy must sleep like a baby at night hehe...

Sep 8, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #5,254 of 42,298
purchased a silver WA2 to pair with my T1. things i hope:
1. i get a raise to offset my purchase
2. my 2 year old doesnt go to town on the tubes
3. my wife doesnt ask how much it cost.

Anyone have any experience using the music hall DAC 25.2 with a tube amp? i keep hearing the 25.2 is much better than the dacmagic but the dacmagic has a much bigger following. so confused :frowning2:

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #5,255 of 42,298

Quote:

4. receive congratulatory gift tubes from other WA2 enthusiasts!

Anyone have any experience using the music hall DAC 25.2 with a tube amp? i keep hearing the 25.2 is much better than the dacmagic but the dacmagic has a much bigger following. so confused :frowning2:

Congratulations! You do know that the WA2 does not come with a protective cage (for tubes and not your 2-year-old
wink_face.gif
). Anyway... YGPM.

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #5,256 of 42,298

Quote:
For when you run out of mods, dannie01.
very_evil_smiley.gif

You are killing me, ss. Actually, I'm now looking for a 41 or 42 stpepped attenuator, something like the one below but it may be too huge for the limited space. Does you guy have any suggestion?

Quote:
The EML 5U4G Mesh Plate? Just got short-listed! My tin for green tea is just about empty - time to start shovin' some real green in there...

Correct, the EML 5U4G Mesh Plate is a much better choice than Sophia to my ears.

Sep 8, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #5,258 of 42,298

Quote:

Excellent choice!  I'm absolutely thrilled with my PS Audio DL III DAC paired with the WA2.  I've also had the opportunity to source just about every popular preamp and power tube for these amps, feel free to PM me if you're looking for tube suggestions.  Give the stock tubes a chance though, listen to them for a while before replacing them as it makes it much easier to appreciate the sound improvements of upgraded tubes.

Jack and other Head-Fi members think the WA2 and T1's pair together perfectly.  I'm sure you'll really enjoy that combination.

Sep 8, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #5,259 of 42,298

Quote:
Excellent choice!  I'm absolutely thrilled with my PS Audio DL III DAC paired with the WA2.  I've also had the opportunity to source just about every popular preamp and power tube for these amps, feel free to PM me if you're looking for tube suggestions.  Give the stock tubes a chance though, listen to them for a while before replacing them as it makes it much easier to appreciate the sound improvements of upgraded tubes.

Jack and other Head-Fi members think the WA2 and T1's pair together perfectly.  I'm sure you'll really enjoy that combination.

thanks! im pretty excited.  have no money for tube rolling right now but Clayton is going to send me some as a welcome to the WA2 club! what a guy.

Sep 8, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #5,262 of 42,298

Quote:
thanks! im pretty excited.  have no money for tube rolling right now but Clayton is going to send me some as a welcome to the WA2 club! what a guy.

WOW, what a guy.

Hey Clayton, would you send us some TS 6SN7GT RPBG or EML 5U4G MP as a welcome, too. 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, welcome to the club debitsohn.
beerchug.gif

Sep 8, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #5,263 of 42,298

Quote:

LMAO You are well on your way to bankruptcy like the rest of us lunatics in here. Enjoy it should be a great match for the T1. Hope I do not like the LCD2 as much so I dont need to buy the 6SE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back