Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Sep 7, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #5,222 of 42,298
I only recommend dampers if your tube is highly microphonic.  All tubes are slightly microphonic, which helps add to the "tube flavor."  If it's too microphonic, throw a damper on it to take care of it.  If it's not overly microphonic, don't bother with a damper unless you really think it looks cool.  It won't do anything to the sound.

Quote:
I always think how dampers help in tubes if they're not noisy or microphonics? Any suggestion guys?

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #5,223 of 42,298

Quote:
Just received my new baby from OP.  THANKS Danny, I can't wait to fire up this bad boy...

You're welcome John. Hope you like it's sounds as I does, enjoy. And I too need to thank you to push me up quick to the WA5LE.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I only recommend dampers if your tube is highly microphonic.  All tubes are slightly microphonic, which helps add to the "tube flavor."  If it's too microphonic, throw a damper on it to take care of it.  If it's not overly microphonic, don't bother with a damper unless you really think it looks cool.  It won't do anything to the sound.

Thanks for the info hodgjy. You are the only guy help me to save a penny here.
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #5,224 of 42,298

Quote:
You're welcome John. Hope you like it's sounds as I does, enjoy. And I too need to thank you to push me up quick to the WA5LE.
biggrin.gif

No need to thank me, it is my pleasure to help you spend your hard earn money.

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #5,227 of 42,298

Quote:
Just received my new baby from OP.  THANKS Danny, I can't wait to fire up this bad boy...

All right. Now I'm really jealous. I have never seen Vcap caps in person before--not ever. I've actually only seen closeups of Danny's work and he does impressive work, yes? And speaking of firing up this bad boy (more like big bad beast), it looks like the amp contains gun power kegs and dynamite. Make sure you adjust the volume to minimum, fire up, then take cover!
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #5,230 of 42,298

Quote:
All right. Now I'm really jealous. I have never seen Vcap caps in person before--not ever. I've actually only seen closeups of Danny's work and he does impressive work, yes? And speaking of firing up this bad boy (more like big bad beast), it looks like the amp contains gun power kegs and dynamite. Make sure you adjust the volume to minimum, fire up, then take cover!
biggrin.gif

That is exactly what I'm gonna to do.  All my coworker is in my office when I open this up to take couple pictures.  I will try to get some glamour shot this weekend, this beast needs some to show off Danny's amazing work.

Quote:
One more for you Clayton, the CuTFs in my WA5LE lately. First step of my mod.

Wow, you are faster than I thought...

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #5,231 of 42,298

Quote:
That is exactly what I'm gonna to do.  All my coworker is in my office when I open this up to take couple pictures.  I will try to get some glamour shot this weekend, this beast needs some to show off Danny's amazing work.

Thanks for the kind words, John.

Wow, you are faster than I thought...

I placed my order from Chris when the WA5LE still in the US..............
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #5,232 of 42,298

Wow, I remember dannie01 stating that his wa22 was modded, but I never knew to what extent. Is it possible to list all those mods?  I have my new wa22 on the way, but don't have my (if any) diy skill. I may never end up modding it, but just for the sake of knowing - are there any reputable businesses or individuals that offer high quality mods to woo amps beyond jack, himself?
Quote:

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #5,233 of 42,298

Quote:
Wow, I remember dannie01 stating that his wa22 was modded, but I never knew to what extent. Is it possible to list all those mods?  I have my new wa22 on the way, but don't have my (if any) diy skill. I may never end up modding it, but just for the sake of knowing - are there any reputable businesses or individuals that offer high quality mods to woo amps beyond jack, himself?

I hope Danny don't mind I listed the part he sent me earlier...

1. BlackGate NH 220uf/160V  x 6                   
2. RMG 470Ω resistor   x 2                     
3. RMG 220KΩ  resistors  x 4                      
4. V-Cap CuTF 0.22uf/300V x 4                         
5. BlackGate NH 150uf/350 x 3                      
6. Mills MR-200 30.1k resistors x 4                   
7. Gold plated Japan made selector               
8. Mundrof Silver Gold 0.5mm &1mm cable 

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #5,235 of 42,298
I think this is the only time in the history of Head-Fi where the terms "saving money" have ever been used!
L3000.gif

Quote:
Thanks for the info hodgjy. You are the only guy help me to save a penny here.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back