Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Nov 23, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #39,016 of 42,298
  Guys,

For the HPS-T headphone stand, woo website has only Black and Silver colors. But AudioAdvisor has Space gray and Gold as well.

Not sure why Woo is not selling Space Gray and Gold on their website, but I digress

It would help if anyone who has those can share some pics. I cant seem to find them on their websites, atleast not clear enough to make a decision

You can order Gold and Space Gray from us. Just let us know in the "Note to Seller" section when you order the stand on our website at checkout.

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #39,017 of 42,298

You can order Gold and Space Gray from us. Just let us know in the "Note to Seller" section when you order the stand on our website at checkout.

Nice...but what about Chrome?

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #39,018 of 42,298
Agree with Toolman, good to have the colour choice but really miss the chrome stands. Why did they get discontinued?

Nov 24, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #39,020 of 42,298
Finally managed to get a win at an eBay Auction on a matched pair of WE 300B's. Be very interesting to compare these to the latest Takatsuki 300B's. Problem is getting a pair of equivalent WE 274B's or 422A's?

If anyone knows of a source I would very much appreciate it.

Pics:

Nov 24, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #39,021 of 42,298
  Finally managed to get a win at an eBay Auction on a matched pair of WE 300B's. Be very interesting to compare these to the latest Takatsuki 300B's. Problem is getting a pair of equivalent WE 274B's or 422A's?

Pics:

Keep us updated! Looking forward to impressions. 

Nov 24, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #39,022 of 42,298
Hey Paddy,

Apologies I have been AWOL for a while, Kidney issues. 

MSB have very kindly given me the opportunity to trial their Electrostatic Headphone Amp, unfortunately there are not too many Head-Fiers around here and even less with Stax 009's or a BHSE to compare it with, but that's not not my real intention. My idea was that its rare to have a SOTA Stat system and a Valve based "normal" system to see which one takes you closer to the performance. I have honestly not spent much time at all with Stats' and I have a feeling that they are not your average GF more like Wife/Marriage material that gets better as you get to know it. I thought the differences would be quite large and therefore easy to pick a winner. That's not proving the case ! I also have no idea how long Stats and the associated amp takes to burn in. Currently sitting at 8 days and the sound is still changing or maybe my ears are.

Anyway have some Head-Fi Friends visiting over the next few weeks so will be interesting to see what their impressions are.

Pics:

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #39,023 of 42,298
  Hey Paddy,

MSB have very kindly given me the opportunity to trial their Electrostatic Headphone Amp, unfortunately there are not too many Head-Fiers around here and even less with Stax 009's or a BHSE to compare it with, but that's not not my real intention. My idea was that its rare to have a SOTA Stat system and a Valve based "normal" system to see which one takes you closer to the performance. I have honestly not spent much time at all with Stats' and I have a feeling that they are not your average GF more like Wife/Marriage material that gets better as you get to know it. I thought the differences would be quite large and therefore easy to pick a winner. That's not proving the case ! I also have no idea how long Stats and the associated amp takes to burn in. Currently sitting at 8 days and the sound is still changing or maybe my ears are.

Anyway have some Head-Fi Friends visiting over the next few weeks so will be interesting to see what their impressions are.

Pics:

I love the set up those stands are amazing. Will be a really interesting write up I'm sure whens its all together. 

Let me know how you get on with the electro stats ... didn't think they would be your thing. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #39,024 of 42,298
  I will say, having started with the Woo 6SE, then the WA22, and now the WA5, I think Woo has its branding all wrong.

Should be:

WA6= Woo
6SE= Woo!
WA22 = Woot!
WA22 SE = Woot! Woot!
WA5=  Woo Hoo!

Not sure where that leaves the WA234. Maybe 'Wha What?" 

I am running in the same way 6SE->22->5, started my own WA5 thread to keep tracking the progress (expected delivery by mid of Dec)..... my WA5 probably would be in some branding like Woo! Hoo! Wha! Oh! Yeah!

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #39,025 of 42,298
  Hey Paddy,

Pics:

I had the opportunity to listen to the MSB system with the SR-009 (which I own) and it was the best sound I have ever heard no doubt BUT at $150K for the system I would need to win the lottery BIG in order for my wife not to kill me 
eek.gif

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Nov 26, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #39,028 of 42,298
I put my new audio tower together yesterday and found out the WA5 works out ergonomically a lot better on a single shelf than up/down on two shelves.  In other words the umbilical is too short!.  I have contacted Woo about a longer umbilical but was wondering if anybody out there might have one or could point me toward an alternative supplier.  I need one at least 18 inches long.  Thanks

Nov 26, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #39,029 of 42,298

Hey Paddy,

Simon,

No kidding, after your WE 300b post, I was about to reply with: "...did you have to sell a kidney for those tubes...?"

...and then I saw the follow-up post.
Very sorry to hear about your heath issues and glad you are back to Head-Fi 
beerchug.gif

Nov 26, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #39,030 of 42,298
  Problem is getting a pair of equivalent WE 274B's or 422A's?

PM sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back