Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Aug 4, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #38,461 of 42,298
Dear Meat:  I am going on the T1 thread now as we speak. I am an impulse buyer, never audition any gear before I buy. Hmmmm........... I can see the T1 Gen 2 with the WA7. You guys any ideas? Most Thankful D. Meat.

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #38,462 of 42,298
Hey Eschell!

DO go with the WA2.
Even the WA6.
I also like the WA7 with the T1s.

Unless you have balanced DAC or input that is truly balanced, don't WA22 it yet.
I have been doing the WA6/T1 combo very very happily.
I like the WA7 on them, but I think I liked the 6 a bit better.
I like the 6 so much that I have 2 of them. Very nice for tube rolling,(and you don't need so many tubes, LOL).
I tend to keep them set up with different pairings so that I can choose to use one or the other depending on which music I am listening to.
The 6 is just such a sweet engine.

Now the WA2.
NICE, very clearly another step into detail that the additional power and set up offers.
Spent about 3 hours listening to unaccompanied cello works on it this afternoon; flawless, present, PRAT like nobody's business.

If you are doing T1's this is a dream combo.
I won't be parting with the WA6....but this is an INCREDIBLE T1 pairing.

Really. 

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #38,463 of 42,298
I think I posted on that thread.
Check it.

....or check where,(just in case I am wrong about which thread, there are SO MANY), I made my post about t1's as I did a comparison "review" of both versions of the T1.
wink.gif

p.s.
I prefer "Dog" to "Meat".

LOL!

no worries, man.
Hope my posting about the comparison is helpful to you.

Aug 5, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #38,465 of 42,298

1pcs 5670 396A 2C51 Replace 6SN7 Tube Amplifier Socket Adapter

Anyone know if these adapters would work on a woo wa5/le?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-5670-396A-2C51-Replace-6SN7-Tube-Amplifier-Socket-Adapter-Suzier-D11-/281960489973?hash=item41a627a3f5:g:VkEAAOSw0JpV5re3

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #38,466 of 42,298
Thanks for the recommendation!

I am getting a WA2 to pair with my DAC-19 and beyer T1 gen 1 & hd650.

Should be here next week sometime. Then time to save a little cash for a Singxer SU-1 and some tubes to roll!

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #38,469 of 42,298
Probably will not work, WA5 cg3 adapters are Left and Right specific.  Ask Glenn to build you a set or email Woo, they sell c3g adapters too, just over price.

Aug 7, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #38,471 of 42,298
       ----->   

The Future of ELROG Tubes

http://vinylsavor.blogspot.ae/2016/08/the-future-of-elrog-tubes.html

new owner!! :O  glad he contacted me so i be able to pre-order Elrog 300B with the new base. will have mine by the end of the month, if things went well :3

glad he took over, else the Elrog 300B would been done for it O-o'' 

btw i asked the new owner about the new elrog and he said :"Filaments have been improved to be more robust. The new bases are made in germany"  

guess this is a good news for WA5-LE v2 owners ha? :D

i also forgot to mention that the Warranty is 1 year now (up from 6 months). 
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #38,472 of 42,298
Id rather have a pile of Schitt then a Made in China Woo!
Is there anyone out there as skeptical as I am? I'm talking about if Woo products are really made in the U.S. Audio Advisor has a MADE IN THE USA stamp on their catalog they send out. I know the chassis is made in China but thats never advertised. I have a Woo product and I'm pretty happy with it. I just hate being dupped into buying one because it was allegedly an american product. Wish the advertising wasn't so dishonest about it.
I actually had a go around with General Wu (Jack) a few months back over the issue. He avoided the question at all costs. I was pretty disappointed that he didn't deny that they were made in China. He said that the Chassis was. I actually had an older Woo product that had a Made in China label on the back. Jack said it was a fake. It wasn't. But he was cool enough to send me a new unit.

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #38,473 of 42,298
         ----->   

The Future of ELROG Tubes

http://vinylsavor.blogspot.ae/2016/08/the-future-of-elrog-tubes.html

new owner!! :O  glad he contacted me so i be able to pre-order Elrog 300B with the new base. will have mine by the end of the month, if things went well :3

glad he took over, else the Elrog 300B would been done for it O-o'' 

btw i asked the new owner about the new elrog and he said :"Filaments have been improved to be more robust. The new bases are made in germany"  

guess this is a good news for WA5-LE v2 owners ha? :D

i also forgot to mention that the Warranty is 1 year now (up from 6 months). 
biggrin.gif

Im in the market for some good tubes for my WA5-LE v2

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #38,474 of 42,298
Is there anyone out there as skeptical as I am? I'm talking about if Woo products are really made in the U.S. Audio Advisor has a MADE IN THE USA stamp on their catalog they send out. I know the chassis is made in China but thats never advertised. I have a Woo product and I'm pretty happy with it. I just hate being dupped into buying one because it was allegedly an american product. Wish the advertising wasn't so dishonest about it.
I actually had a go around with General Wu (Jack) a few months back over the issue. He avoided the question at all costs. I was pretty disappointed that he didn't deny that they were made in China. He said that the Chassis was. I actually had an older Woo product that had a Made in China label on the back. Jack said it was a fake. It wasn't. But he was cool enough to send me a new unit.

Who Cares :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back