Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Aug 7, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #38,476 of 42,298
  Thanks for the recommendation!

I am getting a WA2 to pair with my DAC-19 and beyer T1 gen 1 & hd650.

Should be here next week sometime. Then time to save a little cash for a Singxer SU-1 and some tubes to roll!

Congrats!  I'm sure you'll love the WA2 with those headphones (I do!)

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #38,477 of 42,298
         ----->   

The Future of ELROG Tubes

http://vinylsavor.blogspot.ae/2016/08/the-future-of-elrog-tubes.html

new owner!! :O  glad he contacted me so i be able to pre-order Elrog 300B with the new base. will have mine by the end of the month, if things went well :3

glad he took over, else the Elrog 300B would been done for it O-o'' 

btw i asked the new owner about the new elrog and he said :"Filaments have been improved to be more robust. The new bases are made in germany"  

guess this is a good news for WA5-LE v2 owners ha? :D

i also forgot to mention that the Warranty is 1 year now (up from 6 months). 
biggrin.gif

Shini, how are those new Tak 300Bs working out for you?

Aug 7, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #38,478 of 42,298

Shini, how are those new Tak 300Bs working out for you?

still burning them in :p 4 days a week, 16 hours a day. i spend the weekend away :< 

~265 hours so far. will test them near 300~320 hours. can't comment yet ^^ 

Aug 7, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #38,481 of 42,298
This is what they say on their website at http://wooaudio.com/about/

"Where many of their audio components including their output transformers are handcrafted in our own audio workshop, the research and design, quality assurance and final assembly of all amplifiers take place in New York, USA to meet Woo Audio's exacting standards."

It sounds to me like they have some of their assemblies built elsewhere and then assemble them in New York.

Aug 7, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #38,486 of 42,298
  still burning them in :p 4 days a week, 16 hours a day. i spend the weekend away :< 

~265 hours so far. will test them near 300~320 hours. can't comment yet ^^ 

What, "no comment!"?  Who do you think you are, a politician in government! 
L3000.gif

beerchug.gif

Interested in hearing your comments on how they pair with the GZ and Brimar rectifiers.

Aug 7, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #38,487 of 42,298
Hey, I like mine too. But being lied to is not cool.
Again, Its advertised as being made in the US or Brooklyn in Audio Advisor. Check it out...http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WAWA3 But Woo doesn't do anything about the false advertisement.
Jack said this unit was a fake, but it wasn't.  I sent this one in to Woo for them to "study" in exchange for a new unit. I believe the unit was a mislabeled and they wanted it back to not "let the cat out of the bag". Hey...at least I got a new one out of the deal. The newer ones don't say where they are made. Because they are made in China! I have the whole conversation via email still if anyone is interested. He abated the "made in China" issue. Wish they would just come out and say they are made in freaking China. Another issue was I reached out to them for some customer service but I got lame responses until I brought up the "made in china" issue. Then they were on me like white on rice. Jack notified me right away. So between half ass service and being lied to I probably won't purchase another Woo.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #38,488 of 42,298
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/tools-consumers/made-usa

For most products, unless they are automobiles or items made from textile or wool, there is no law requiring manufacturers and marketers to make a “Made in USA” claim.  But if a business chooses to make the claim, the FTC's Made in USA standard applies.  Made in USA means that “all or virtually all” the product has been made in America.  That is, all significant parts, processing, and labor that go into the product must be of U.S. origin.  Products should not contain any – or should contain only negligible – foreign content.  The FTC’s Enforcement Policy Statement and its business guide, Complying with the Made in USA Standard, spell out the details, with examples of situations when domestic origin claims would be accurate and when they would be inappropriate. Manufacturer Settles with FTC for Making Misleading Made-in-the-USA Claims

I could imagine Woo needs to source some things from China. The best reference I can think of on how the business works is Schiit Happened. I still like my WA5 regardless of where it was sourced. From an integrity perspective Woo should clarify their position and note exceptions somewhere if it's all or mostly sourced from someplace else. Part of the warm fuzzy feeling I had in purchasing the WA5 was the idea of Made in America and supporting businesses within the country.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #38,489 of 42,298
Chassis ia a pretty significant part. Another marketing point that bothers me a bit is point to point wiring claim, but Woo been using PCB a lot more recently.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #38,490 of 42,298
Dear Stegosaurus:

I am from the States now living in Asia since 2002. I have spend more then 10 ears living in China and I can tell you fakes are a way of life over there. The dead giveaway is if you look at the website, there is a space before the .com. Very typical inside China. They sometimes put space where there shouldn't be none, and omit space there there really should be one. Now Woo just wouldn't be that stupid to not catch that. I just got mine shipped to me via FedEx last week. It was from the States. Now I am living in HCMC Vietnam and if they had product made in China that's right next to me. I think they would have shipped me one from China and not the States. This is just my two cents and please take no offense because none is intended here. Now the sound, WA7 is really starting to AMAZE me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back