Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Oct 6, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #35,522 of 42,298
Wow, that is dusty.

My wife gave me this soft makeup brush for dusting my WA22. She saw me trying to dust it and came back with it.

It works really well. I use it to clean the tone arm on my Turn table as well.

The flash made it more apparent in a generally dark office.  But I used my duster last night. 
http://swiffer.com/en-us/shop-products/dusting/swiffer-dusters-cleaner-starter-kit

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #35,523 of 42,298

Wow, that is dusty.

My wife gave me this soft makeup brush for dusting my WA22. She saw me trying to dust it and came back with it.

It works really well. I use it to clean the tone arm on my Turn table as well.

The flash made it more apparent in a generally dark office.  But I used my duster last night. 
http://swiffer.com/en-us/shop-products/dusting/swiffer-dusters-cleaner-starter-kit

For those hard to reach places                                                       

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #35,524 of 42,298
^

Now we are talking.
beerchug.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #35,525 of 42,298
Received this little kit yesterday, should make things much easier to clean, the little tube socket brushes are cool.

its on Amazon $25

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C0NTMPE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #35,526 of 42,298
  Received this little kit yesterday, should make things much easier to clean, the little tube socket brushes are cool.

its on Amazon $25

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C0NTMPE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Ordered.

I had some movies I wanted anyway. So added it to the order.

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #35,527 of 42,298

Ordered.

I had some movies I wanted anyway. So added it to the order.

Good stuff Dono, how is your vinyl collection going? 

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #35,528 of 42,298

Good stuff Dono, how is your vinyl collection going? 

I'm still collecting and enjoying.
However I am slowing down. I find vinyl is great for speakers but I don't enjoy it for headphones.

So in that way it is limiting.

99% of my listening is HP's.
So I'm really only collecting vinyl records that I would prefer to listen on speakers. Usually with others.

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #35,530 of 42,298
  we 274b, gec 6sa7g, mullard ecc31 is one the best combinations I've heard for the hd800 along with we422a/we421a/ts bgrp 6f8g etc.

What's the best place to find GEC 6SA7G?

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #35,531 of 42,298
  However I am slowing down. I find vinyl is great for speakers but I don't enjoy it for headphones.

+1 ... I recently experienced that at a dealer's show room... they set me up with a TOTL turn-table, et al. with an album that I really know well and I was surprised at what I heard.

I have a Thorens turntable that I purchased in 1985 that I am going to update with a new cart to play around with (I have boxes of LPs from way back), but I have low expectations, with respect to sound quality.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #35,533 of 42,298
I have some news on the Elrog's, I was digging around for some as my faulty set has still bot replaced and the Australian Distributor does not return any of my phone calls or emails 4 months after I have returned the tubes to him for warranty. 

This is the info I found:

Hope that helps, I am not going to give up getting my tubes replaced, 4 months with zero follow up or communication is terrible customer service. I wish you better luck than I have had.

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #35,534 of 42,298
Thanks for the info.  Got this from Gary Alpern from True Audiophile (U.S. Elrog ex-distributor) and this is his rely email:

"We're asking all customers to post in this forum and post all your experience with Elrog so there is a public forum to keep an open record of their response: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1425629556&openflup&345&4#345

Then email the Elrog engineer (Matthias) who said they would honor the warranty: "We will replace the failing tubes, doesn't matter they where fail 2days, 2month or 2years post warranty".…..  klepper@email.de"

I'll get in touch with Elrog to see if I can resolve this issue directly with them.  The Elrogs do sound amazing though...    

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #35,535 of 42,298
  I have some news on the Elrog's, I was digging around for some as my faulty set has still bot replaced and the Australian Distributor does not return any of my phone calls or emails 4 months after I have returned the tubes to him for warranty.

This is the info I found:

Hope that helps, I am not going to give up getting my tubes replaced, 4 months with zero follow up or communication is terrible customer service. I wish you better luck than I have had.

Wow. Elrog have been struck off my list of potential tube purchases forever based on this.

With the robust and rock solid Takatsukis on the market I just can't be bothered taking that sort of a risk.

EDIT - and thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back