Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Oct 10, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #35,551 of 42,298
Does anyone know Woo Audios amplifier warranty period from original purchase date?
I can't seem to find their warranty period on their FAQ…it only states information about returns/exchanges, but I don't see anything about a warranty, am I missing something?

One year.

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #35,552 of 42,298
One year.

Thank you very much.
beerchug.gif

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #35,553 of 42,298
So what seems to be the best rectifier for the WA 22 ? cost aside

So far I cant find nothing I like over the GZ34/5AR4 MULLARD NOS 1962 BLACKBURN DOUBLE O that I'm using

I also tried these

Brimar 5R4GY

Mullard GZ37 CV378

I did come across a DOUBLE TRIODE HEINTZ KAUFMANN 5998 which looks real interesting

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #35,554 of 42,298
So what seems to be the best rectifier for the WA 22 ? cost aside

So far I cant find nothing I like over the GZ34/5AR4 MULLARD NOS 1962 BLACKBURN DOUBLE O that I'm using

I also tried these

Brimar 5R4GY

Mullard GZ37 CV378

I did come across a DOUBLE TRIODE HEINTZ KAUFMANN 5998 which looks real interesting

WE 422a and 274b in my experience.  And with the latter -Oh would you look a here I have a spare to sell too....

Oct 11, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #35,555 of 42,298
I had the pleasure of meeting Badas yesterday and had the chance to listen to his WA22.  We both own LCD-X and needless to say all the listening was done with the X.  His headphone rig is very well sorted and needless to say sounds sublime (his home theatre setup is fantabulous).  We were also using an unbalanced source and Badas's WA22 does not have the phase splitters. The four-pin XLR output was being used with the stock XLR Audeze cable.

My first reactions were picking up my jaw from my floor, the soundstage of the WA22 is really special especially when I am used to listening via a V200 amp.  Second is the magic of the tubes! V200 is a warm and fairly transparent amp but lacks the tube magic.  Some people have said the LCD-X having slightly recessed mids and IMO a tube amp like the WA22 really brings them out/balances them on the LCD-X.  The WA22 really makes you feel the music, especially with the X.  

There are some really good reviews online already on the WA22.  But a few people have mentioned the amp sounding laid back and lacking Bass impact or Bass being lean.  I honestly think this is more of a headphone and tube issue.  IMO, the WA22 has a very balanced sound (depending on tubes used) so if the track has bass, it will come through, just like the V200 with the LCD-X  Being a tube amp, yes it is slower than the V200 (a tad slower but not as bad as La Figarro 339)  but I would say this was the only negative against the WA22.  And in saying that, the rest was definitely a step above the V200.  I was impressed by this amp and it's definitely on my wish list. 

A big thanks to Badas!

Oct 11, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #35,556 of 42,298
  I had the pleasure of meeting Badas yesterday and had the chance to listen to his WA22.  We both own LCD-X and needless to say all the listening was done with the X.  His headphone rig is very well sorted and needless to say sounds sublime (his home theatre setup is fantabulous).  We were also using an unbalanced source and Badas's WA22 does not have the phase splitters. The four-pin XLR output was being used with the stock XLR Audeze cable.

My first reactions were picking up my jaw from my floor, the soundstage of the WA22 is really special especially when I am used to listening via a V200 amp.  Second is the magic of the tubes! V200 is a warm and fairly transparent amp but lacks the tube magic.  Some people have said the LCD-X having slightly recessed mids and IMO a tube amp like the WA22 really brings them out/balances them on the LCD-X.  The WA22 really makes you feel the music, especially with the X.  

There are some really good reviews online already on the WA22.  But a few people have mentioned the amp sounding laid back and lacking Bass impact or Bass being lean.  I honestly think this is more of a headphone and tube issue.  IMO, the WA22 has a very balanced sound (depending on tubes used) so if the track has bass, it will come through, just like the V200 with the LCD-X  Being a tube amp, yes it is slower than the V200 (a tad slower but not as bad as La Figarro 339)  but I would say this was the only negative against the WA22.  And in saying that, the rest was definitely a step above the V200.  I was impressed by this amp and it's definitely on my wish list. 

A big thanks to Badas!

You are welcome Contrails,

It is always great to meet a like minded HP enthusiast.

I agree with the WA22 statement. I have never felt it had a lack of bass. I really don't know where that information came from or why it took hold. I have always compared to my SS rig and it is close enough not to tell a bass difference.

I feel a little guilty that we were kinda pushed for time. I will give you a bigger listen if you like. Next time I have a wife and kids free week night I will get in contact. Might get time to get those kick ass speakers running as well. 2 x 300watt stereo speakers (bi-amped), 2 x 1000watt SVS subs and 1 x 500watts Polk sub.
wink.gif

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #35,557 of 42,298

A big thanks to Badas!

I found my bass issue in the tubes which is all good now , I would love to hear the LCD-X vs my current HD800's 

Oct 11, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #35,559 of 42,298
Bass is certainly not lacking when you use LCD-3 or X with the WA22.

I personally couldn't take more.

I found it not tube dependent either.

Oct 12, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #35,564 of 42,298
  yeah they sure dont need more of that 

It smooths and slightly reduces. It doesn't add more.
eek.gif

It doesn't add more bass tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back