Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jun 5, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #21,511 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:
What about both, like LCD-3 and Fostex TH900? 
biggrin.gif

champagne-dom-perignon-vintage-2000.jpg

010-Louis%20Roederer%20Cristal.jpg

​

My other evil twin. If I stop drinking, I can easily afford both LCD-3 and Fostex. Let me call my wine girl in CA stop shipping me wines.
tongue.gif

She's already following you on Twitter... just announce! 

Jun 5, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #21,512 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:

As an alternative, we're waiting to hear from you on how to contact your dealer in China...
popcorn.gif

It may take a while since i haven't got my 596 yet and haven't tested the adapters yet..ill be getting 2 pcs of 596 by the end of next week since my tube seller is off to business trip..

Meanwhile since the price from Woo is 50$ and my converter seller charges 40$ my bet will be the Woo since it must be a much more professional job by Jack and it has WOO on it..hehe..( i might get one too for a Duel hehe..)

Does this mean his contact info won't be made available? Also, are you getting your rectifiers from him or Ultrainferno? 
popcorn.gif

Jun 5, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #21,513 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:

wink_face.gif
 And you know I can't wait to check that bad boy out... right after the Th-900's! Some moons back, I use to research World music at the Student Media Center - UC Irvine. Had I known you then or be researching music now... 
rolleyes.gif

It's alright, I'd make a special trip for you, my friend.

Haha sounds good! I actually graduated from UCI that would have been some fun audio research 
cool.gif
.. Yea very excited to try the TH900s with the 596. Wondering how Jacks adaptor will look on the WA6SE. I asked him what color it is - he said its the white teflon (assuming the same as the ones used for the other driver tube adaptors) with black wires.

I actually ended up returning my Pro-Ject turntable for an upgrade (wasn't crazy about the Debut Carbon); once I put everything in hopefully I can borrow my sisters pro camera and take some worthy photos.

BTW: gotta love Felix the Cat 
biggrin.gif

Congrats on leaving university as a full-fledged Anteater! Can't wait to see your replacement TT... with a Pro Camera especially! 
beerchug.gif

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #21,515 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:

Does this mean his contact info won't be made available? Also, are you getting your rectifiers from him or Ultrainferno? 
popcorn.gif

I contacted the converter seller through a Chinese IM called QQ do you want his number 
tongue_smile.gif
... im getting it from Ultra by next week..

Pair of 596's - glad it all worked out. I was trying to get his contact info simply to provide more options to the membership. Didn't know you had him on Speed dial, now that's living! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #21,516 of 42,298
Quote:

Pair of 596's - glad it all worked out. I was trying to get his contact info simply to provide more options to the membership. Didn't know you had him on Speed dial, now that's living! 
biggrin.gif

he's just an old buddy...but yeah he is busy so i might find another supplier...it has been weeks since ive waited for him to send me the tubes but nothing till now...

Jun 5, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #21,517 of 42,298
Hello Woo audio friends...

Just letting you know, unfortunately I will be selling my Woo Audio 6se in August. (I'm moving countries, and I need to downsize...I will build a portable system instead of my current desktop set)

I had ordered it with the black gate upgrades. It also comes with 6gl7 to 6de7 adaptor, 4 pairs of 6gl7 tubes (3 pairs unused) Sophia princess, two sizes of umbilical cords, and many many other tubes. 

I may sell it along with my akg702s and dacport lx dac for the complete set up. 

Do you know what a fair asking price is for a system like this?? I've never sold or bought anything from head-fi before. 

It is the perfect system....unfortunately I must use let it go  :frowning2:

Jun 5, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #21,519 of 42,298
Quote:

+1...one of my fav is drinking a bottle of Penfolds Bin 707 while listening to any of my Headphones attached to the WOO...

Another expensive guy here...  I do like the Dominus, Duck Horn, and Chateau St Jeans Cinq Cepages...

Jun 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #21,520 of 42,298
Jun 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #21,522 of 42,298
Quote:
A very serious question, I have HD800 and LCD-2 and love them both.  Should I get an AKG K702???

I liked both of those phones very much. But I hated the AKGs. Your mileage may vary.

Jun 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #21,523 of 42,298
That's a great question and I have troubles with this very thing as well.  I always tend to think people think their stuff is worth more than it is, but on the flip side, I tend to ask too little for my stuff because I always want a quick sale.  So, my gut tells me the best number is somewhere in the middle.

When pricing the amp (just the amp package, no headphones included), I also think the extra tubes don't add much value to the package.  The reason being is that the buyer would likely want to roll in his/her own tubes.  So, unless the buyer wants those exact tubes you are offering, they won't be of value.  Furthermore, if they add to the price of the amp, you may have lost that buyer.  I think your price should reflect the happy medium here.  You want to sweeten the deal for the buyer a little, but you don't want to lose too much yourself, and you also don't want to drive off buyers not willing to pay extra for tubes they don't want.

Since you don't need to sell it until August, you can always list it now at your "ideal" price and take offers.  You won't be in a rush for a quick sale, and you'll have time for the haggling process.

Taking into account everything I think, including the extra tubes that may or may not appeal to the buyer, I think a fair starting price is a flat fee of $1000 or $1100 that includes shipping and the 3% Paypal hit you'll take.  (I also think it's very poor taste to pass the Paypal fees on to the buyer and it's downright fraudulent to send Paypal as a "gift" when buying an item).

Quote:
Hello Woo audio friends...

Just letting you know, unfortunately I will be selling my Woo Audio 6se in August. (I'm moving countries, and I need to downsize...I will build a portable system instead of my current desktop set)

I had ordered it with the black gate upgrades. It also comes with 6gl7 to 6de7 adaptor, 4 pairs of 6gl7 tubes (3 pairs unused) Sophia princess, two sizes of umbilical cords, and many many other tubes. 

I may sell it along with my akg702s and dacport lx dac for the complete set up. 

Do you know what a fair asking price is for a system like this?? I've never sold or bought anything from head-fi before. 

It is the perfect system....unfortunately I must use let it go  :frowning2:

Jun 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #21,525 of 42,298
Quote:
A very serious question, I have HD800 and LCD-2 and love them both.  Should I get an AKG K702???

As a former K701 owner and current HD800 owner, I don't see any reason to get the K702. IMO the HD800 slays the AKG in almost all respects. I'd rather spend the money on more tubes.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back