Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jun 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #21,496 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:
With you nearly being next door to WooAudio, be sure to post the first pix!

Will do, but I don't think its going to happen quickly.  My amp is due to ship out in 2 weeks and Jack was not sure the adapter would be ready by then.

On another note, has Woo moved their base of operations?  They were always in Brooklyn, but the bill of sale I received for the amp shows an Elmsford NY address....

Their Ads, websites and press releases always showed Queens. What I think I remember anyway. But, documents always show Elmsford, NY. Maybe their operations are split. Think like a sports franchise might play in a stadium. But offices and practice facilities might be some 45-60 minutes away. Curious though...
popcorn.gif

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #21,497 of 42,298
Quote:
Made an order form Jack as well for the 596 adaptor, thanks for the info fenom60 
beerchug.gif

wink_face.gif
 And you know I can't wait to check that bad boy out... right after the Th-900's! Some moons back, I use to research World music at the Student Media Center - UC Irvine. Had I known you then or be researching music now... 
rolleyes.gif

It's alright, I'd make a special trip for you, my friend.

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #21,498 of 42,298
Quote:

Their Ads, websites and press releases always showed Queens. What I think I remember anyway. But, documents always show Elmsford, NY. Maybe their operations are split. Think like a sports franchise might play in a stadium. But offices and practice facilities might be some 45-60 minutes away. Curious though...
popcorn.gif

Home as office and warehouse as manufacture?  I did recall Jack do not allow visit when I was in NY for few weeks.

Jun 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #21,499 of 42,298
It's something like that. A small place for manufacturing and then perhaps, management from home. I'm all for low overhead that saves on retail pricing. 
biggrin.gif
 Wait... The Angels have WooAudio beat. They're known as the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. 
blink.gif

rolleyes.gif

*** Btw... Go LA Kings!!! ***

Not that this is how WooAudio is laid out. But if it were, cheers all the same!
beerchug.gif

Since I sip French bubbly, I need a Champagne toasting emoticon.

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #21,504 of 42,298
Quote:

As an alternative, we're waiting to hear from you on how to contact your dealer in China...
popcorn.gif

It may take a while since i haven't got my 596 yet and haven't tested the adapters yet..ill be getting 2 pcs of 596 by the end of next week since my tube seller is off to business trip..

Meanwhile since the price from Woo is 50$ and my converter seller charges 40$ my bet will be the Woo since it must be a much more professional job by Jack and it has WOO on it..hehe..( i might get one too for a Duel hehe..)

Jun 5, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #21,507 of 42,298
Quote:

wink_face.gif
 And you know I can't wait to check that bad boy out... right after the Th-900's! Some moons back, I use to research World music at the Student Media Center - UC Irvine. Had I known you then or be researching music now... 
rolleyes.gif

It's alright, I'd make a special trip for you, my friend.

Haha sounds good! I actually graduated from UCI that would have been some fun audio research 
cool.gif
.. Yea very excited to try the TH900s with the 596. Wondering how Jacks adaptor will look on the WA6SE. I asked him what color it is - he said its the white teflon (assuming the same as the ones used for the other driver tube adaptors) with black wires.

I actually ended up returning my Pro-Ject turntable for an upgrade (wasn't crazy about the Debut Carbon); once I put everything in hopefully I can borrow my sisters pro camera and take some worthy photos.

BTW: gotta love Felix the Cat 
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #21,508 of 42,298
Oh my wow. I just got the Fleetwood Mac Rumours cd that I had ordered. After having heard it all growing up, I never felt the need to buy it since I have gotten into head-fi a few years ago. Big mistake.

It's totally blowing my mind hearing it again now on my WA22 with great tubes, especially now that my musical appreciation is light years beyond where it used to be. The acoustics on Never Going Back Again...wow. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back