Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jun 17, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #166 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by deutscherhififan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
REL, considered the top subwoofer manufacturer by many, suggests that there is only one proper way to connect a sub and that's per the speaker output. I was provided with some of their literature as I also had hesitations, but the explanation seemed to make sense.

Hmmm...how to put this as politely as I can...

I am well aware of that. But I am much more inclined to believe what my own personal experience tells me.
smile.gif

Fair enough?

--Jerome

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #168 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got off the phone with George about these two tubes. I'm a tube idiot, but from what he said I gather that the 5U4G is going to be able to pass more current than the 274B (maybe that's common knowledge). He did say that the 5U4G doesn't want to see more than 14 microfarad from the first capacitor. Again, I might as well have been speaking a foreign langauge as I have no idea what that means.

For what it's worth, the 274B is in stock and the 5U4G will be here in a few weeks. As you noted, they are the same price.

I'm a tube idiot either
bigsmile_face.gif
and I wnat to know what is it mean exactly by "but from what he said I gather that the 5U4G is going to be able to pass more current than the 274B and He did say that the 5U4G doesn't want to see more than 14 microfarad from the first capacitor".

Anyone could help with these questions would be appreciated.
redface.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #169 of 42,298
Anyone that can help:

I just got a used woo 6 from a headfi member. it didn't come with any mods.

Will I have to make any mods to replace it with the sophia princess? Or does it fit right in?

Also I don't want to ship it back to woo 6 to have the pseudo power supply upgrade. anyway i can order the part and do it myself?

thank you

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #171 of 42,298
I guess I'll get the sophia first and send it back later for pseudo power upgrade. I think woo audio is busy now with orders from canjam and it may take a long time.

Jun 17, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #175 of 42,298
Dannie,

Looks great
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #176 of 42,298
Dannie, that's so funny...I got my new shoes yesterday! They went on like a snap and look great. One benefit I noticed right away was that, when plugging and unplugging the headphones, there's less chassis movement. I attribute this to the stabilization provided by the aluminum outer pieces.

It really "finishes" the presentation...I was a bit surprised by the stock feet when I got my amp.

Now I just need my AH-D7000's and HF-2's to show up and I'll be DONE...yeah right.

Cheers!

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #178 of 42,298
How do you order the new shoes for the 6SE (I have a black one)? I don't see it online on his site. Do you have to email him? $25 (shipping included) correct?
Thanks.

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #179 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by j24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you order the new shoes for the 6SE (I have a black one)? I don't see it online on his site. Do you have to email him? $25 (shipping included) correct?
Thanks.

Email Jack, Tell him you want the feet in black. Also, tell him where you live so he can calculate shipping. He'll respond within a day. I paid $25 including shipping, but I live within 25 miles of Woo's business. I'm not sure if that's a factor..

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #180 of 42,298
thanks, atbglenn. They indeed looked better than the standard ones I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back