Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jun 15, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #138 of 42,299
Hey Covenent, how long have you been placed your order and still keep waiting? It should be over few weeks as you've mentioned.

Anyway, welcome to join and congrats on your new toy.
beerchug.gif

Jun 15, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #139 of 42,299
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On order:

WA6 SE Black
Premium parts upgrade
Teflon tube sockets
Sophia Princess rectifier
Driver tube replacement

I'm chewing my fingernails waiting for it ><

Congrats on you new Woo. I'm sure you'll be thrilled with it
happy_face1.gif

Jun 15, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #140 of 42,299
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannie01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Covenent, how long have you been placed your order and still keep waiting? It should be over few weeks as you've mentioned.

Anyway, welcome to join and congrats on your new toy.
beerchug.gif

It's been 4 weeks already. I'm just hoping it'll be here in time for the Richmond meet on the 5th of July, although even if it is it wont be burned in by then. Jack has told me he'll do his best to get it done and here before then
smily_headphones1.gif

I just hope it doesnt get delayed by customs, too
frown.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #142 of 42,299
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AudioSetup.jpg

--Jerome

That Rocks......

Jun 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #143 of 42,299
Thanks. I saw those pics of your killer rig. Very nice indeed.

As crazy as this may sound, I am also toying with the idea of buying a maxed out WA5. When I had Jack custom build my mono blocks the parts upgrades weren't really an option. My amps have V-caps in them but no blackgates. Don't get me wrong, as I really love the sound of my rig.

But I recently took delivery of a pair of AKG K1000s and fell in love with them. I still prefer speakers, but the K1000s are the best sounding cans these ears have heard. For now am running them off of the speaker connections on my mono blocks. Jack said he would build a 2 channel speaker selector switch if I wanted one. So I am kicking that option around too.

I'm not in any big rush, so I will sit on it for a week or two and then make up my mind.

--Jerome

Jun 16, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #146 of 42,299
Quote:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone on here with the maxed WA5. Take one for the team and go straight for the top!
biggrin.gif

I don't think that I am maxxed on the WA5... but I come pretty close. Mine came with several upgrades to the amp section when I got it from tyrion... Vcaps and the like..

First_Shots_2008-04-24_0004.jpg

When I had a PSU issue a while ago I talked to Jack about what we could do with it... So we pumped it up...

Replacing the entire board, along with other parts.... form this...

old:
WA5_PSU_old_04.jpg

To THIS:

new:
WA5_PSU_13.jpg

Well worth it. Gained so much more control and speed.... Big caps = good caps.

Happy ordering... :)

Cheers,

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #148 of 42,299
Quote:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone on here with the maxed WA5. Take one for the team and go straight for the top!
biggrin.gif

I thought I remembered someone on here posting a thread about the "ultimate WA5"...it had WBT NextGen RCA's, some exotic tubes, and a bunch of internal upgrades. If I can find the thread I'll post it...

Jun 16, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #149 of 42,299
I like how Woos are built like tanks on the outside yet extremely organized and well thought out in the inside. Really top notch build quality. Jack said my WA22 will ship in early august, opted for silver instead of black, and yay for no premium parts (apparently already built with really good parts), just upgraded tubes. Can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back