Which three IEM's covers it all?
Oct 21, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #16 of 25
in my experience there are 2 routes : the one i took and the one that i think i should have taken..

the one i took :- shure se 535 (preferably ltd-j if you are in asia) for all around sound especially the mids.. gives the whole picture but not an expert in either bass or treble...very suitable for ipod listening with its high sensitivity.

the dba-02/brainwavz b2/gh-erc-dms for some of the better performers with great value, treble oriented with some excellent imaging... not far off from top-tier iems

one i should have taken :
re-272 for critical listening..
mdr ex-1000 all rounder 

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #17 of 25
personally i think for neutral (either the re400 or the gr07 mk2) i own the be still think its fairly neutral though

deep bassy thick sound- monster turbines

v shape- jvc fxd 80

May 1, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #20 of 25
Hifiman RE-272 for 250$ was a great choice and  one hell of a terrific analytical IEM

I wanna try the Noble N4 as a potential upgrade but this will happen once my 272 die - i am very very pleased with them - besides the n4 costs twice as much and i don't expect it to be 200% better

May 1, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #21 of 25
  I dont think its worlds first. There are few CIEM companies who did it before.

Nah....

The other products on the market "adjust" via x-over changes through a switch.   Noble isn't running the signal to the same x-over network and simply selecting a different capacitor/resistor via an A/B switch

Noble is switching the input signal to

1) X- Network "A" and driver (s) A
2  X-Network "B" and driver (s) B

It is trully two products within one housing.  The drivers that corespond with x-over network A are not shared in conjunction with network B....  they are totally independent.

The only thing they share in common is the "source" and the housing.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 1, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #22 of 25
After tons of reasearch here and everywhere else, I decided and bought these 3..now Im set for Life...

In Ear SD3         - Bass (EDM)
Rhapsodio RTi1  - Neutral/Analytical (Vocals, Classical and Acoustics)
1plus2               - Fun (Everything Else)

May 1, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #23 of 25

Nah....

The other products on the market "adjust" via x-over changes through a switch.   Noble isn't running the signal to the same x-over network and simply selecting a different capacitor/resistor via an A/B switch

Noble is switching the input signal to

1) X- Network "A" and driver (s) A
2  X-Network "B" and driver (s) B

It is trully two products within one housing.  The drivers that corespond with x-over network A are not shared in conjunction with network B....  they are totally independent.

The only thing they share in common is the "source" and the housing.

Thats cools. Nice to know. Would like to see in transparent shell.

Jul 3, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #24 of 25
Ummm..

For neutral, Etymotic ER4SR with 75ohm adapter plus objective 2 agdr mod and booster board combo.

For Bass: Noble Kaiser Encore, Hyla Ce5(v shape)... Noble Kaiser Bass is never ending.

For treble: Brainwavz Jive, I just love how cheap they are and how good treble they produce. Airy and controlled.

My Favorite: Brainwavz B400, 64audio 18t, Noble Kaiser Encore and TFZ king pro.

Jul 3, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #25 of 25
Sort of weird seeing this pop up from so many years ago.

I've had quite a few different IEM's since the original post, having gotten (and sold) the likes of Layla II's, Katanas, Fitear 334, SE846 (bought these a second time and am wearing them now), K3003i, and a few others. I got tired of the cables and started listening to my Bluetooth iem's more often due to the convenience factor and the sound.

The sound.

I have been pleasantly surprised by it, actually. You might laugh, but I am really enjoying the sound quality of the Bose Soundsport. Full, rich, warm, comfortable, relaxed...those words come into mind. I I really like the fact that they don't block out all the outside noise so I can use them in situations where absolute isolation is not desired. The Vmoda Forza Metallo is as good as many of the higher end IEM's I've listened to, and I really think this little setup has one of the best headstages I've heard. I've not compared them to anything as I feel that's not really my thing anymore, but I do get moments of "Holy crap! This headstage is huge!" pretty often, which is saying a lot because I don't recall being blown away by any particular IEM's headstage in the past in this way.

The drawback? You gotta charge the damn things. And sometimes the reception sucks. Can we say Westone! Their Bluetooth cable, while sounding pretty much as good as a cable, is sometimes lacking in its ability to keep a continuous signal from the DAP.

So more often than not, if I want to jam out to something I'll reach for the Bose. And if I want a bit more neutral sound I'll reach for the Vmoda. If the batteries are dead then I've been reaching for the 846 or the Cardas 5813.

But getting back to the original question, I think the today me would tell the the yesteryear me the three I would choose to cover most ground would be the k3003, se846 and the 5813.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back