Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Jun 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #1,981 of 2,311
Quote:
I heard of some silicone oil stuff. It should do the job without attacking the plastic.

There is silicone grease available in any decent hardware store's plumbing dept very cheap. it seems to do the trick for noisy plastic headphone joints but should be applied sparingly.

Jun 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #1,982 of 2,311
Quote:
I heard of some silicone oil stuff. It should do the job without attacking the plastic.

There is silicone grease available in any decent hardware store's plumbing dept very cheap. it seems to do the trick for noisy plastic headphone joints but should be applied sparingly.
Great advice, my 780's have developed a little creak when putting them on. So I'll pick up a tube for when it gets worse.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #1,983 of 2,311
@HeatFan12 Tubes are finally on there way from China, hopefully the Little Dot MK IV will play nicely with the HFI-780's as I hope it does with my beyer's. I need me some tube lovin for the Sones. :D

Jul 4, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #1,985 of 2,311
Quote:
@HeatFan12 Tubes are finally on there way from China, hopefully the Little Dot MK IV will play nicely with the HFI-780's as I hope it does with my beyer's. I need me some tube lovin for the Sones.
biggrin.gif

Not only are the 'Sones playing nicely with the MKIV TD, they are kickin' @ss.  I was in the mood for some female fronted metal/rock (In This Moment, Amaranthe, All Ends, UnSun), so I threw together a nice playlist and the combo did not disappoint.  Vocals are crystal clear with the instrument separation detailed and you know the drums are going to represent with the 780s.

Have some Dumont 5654s in the MKIV as drivers that I got on the cheap on the bay last year.

Good times!!!

Jul 5, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #1,986 of 2,311
Thanks HF for digging the gear out and giving it a run, very much appreciated!
I have Amaranthe's first CD here as well, havn't listened to it in a while so it will get some play time for sure. I have my Genesis favorites all queued up, can't wait to hear Supper's Ready on the MK IV.
I am going to run stock tubes for a while till I can find some to quietly bring into the house... :D

Looking forward to checking out Daft Punks RAM as well, it's going to be sweet for sure.

Thanks again HF, its really great you can dig out the 780's and give them a listen for us!
:beerchug:

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #1,987 of 2,311
Quote:
Thanks HF for digging the gear out and giving it a run, very much appreciated!
I have Amaranthe's first CD here as well, havn't listened to it in a while so it will get some play time for sure. I have my Genesis favorites all queued up, can't wait to hear Supper's Ready on the MK IV.
I am going to run stock tubes for a while till I can find some to quietly bring into the house...
biggrin.gif

Looking forward to checking out Daft Punks RAM as well, it's going to be sweet for sure.

Thanks again HF, its really great you can dig out the 780's and give them a listen for us!
beerchug.gif

My pleasure TD...
beerchug.gif

It was great to give the 780s a little tube love.  Lately I've been running around with the PRO2500s attached to my Clip Zip.  Ever since I purchased the 2 ft. cable from Ultrasone for the PRO Series, I have been taking advantage of the convenience....lol

Great idea on the stock tubes.  Get used to it first, then if you get the itch there are many driver tubes that can be had on the cheap.

Congratz!!!

Jul 17, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #1,988 of 2,311
HFI-780's with some tube love!

780's (HM5 Pads) connected to the MK IV (Stock GE 5654 & 6H30PiEH / Gain 5)

Just ran Daft Punks Random Access Memories through this and it has a whole different sound than the E09K. I just did a little A/B with Pucifer's Indigo Children JLE Dub Mix and I can say the the Bass is a lot deeper and cleaner on the E09K at this moment in time.

Given that the 780's are 35Ω and the tubes are brand new with less than 20 Hours on them. I will attribute the explanation of the lesser Bass impact to those factors. I will have to adjust with the gain and see where the 780's like to play. I realize the MK IV is not designed for low impedance headphones but the Sones seem to work well with it at the moment.

The journey has begun, little glass bottles will have to be searched out and obtained!
I don't see any new Sones in the future too soon unless someone gifts me a pair.
biggrin.gif

As I stated in the MK IV thread the Honeymoon is not over yet!

Thanks Again HF for allowing me to see Sones hooked up to the tubes in the first place.
Tube Love is in the house to stay!

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #1,990 of 2,311
It's International bring the 'Sones to work day!
Here are the HFI-780's with a little Tragically Hip off the C3... "Blow at High Dough" for that sweet Ultrasone sound. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #1,991 of 2,311
Quote:
It's International bring the 'Sones to work day!
Here are the HFI-780's with a little Tragically Hip off the C3... "Blow at High Dough" for that sweet Ultrasone sound. 
biggrin.gif

I haven't used mine in a little while....maybe this evening I'll put them on and watch a movie.
L3000.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #1,992 of 2,311
Quote:

I haven't used mine in a little while....maybe this evening I'll put them on and watch a movie.
L3000.gif

All the 'Sones need some love every now and again!
L3000.gif

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #1,994 of 2,311
my sones are now going to get a 18 hour marathon.  internet music party's ftw.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back