Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Jun 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #1,966 of 2,312
Quote:
It's funny, I have Sig Pros now as well, and have been listening to my Pro900's more. They are definitely more comfortable, which is my main reason, and when in the mood for pure basshead listening there's no better. Won't be selling my Pro900's........

Huh, I actually prefer the comfort of the SP's, although the 900's really aren't bad either.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #1,967 of 2,312
Brainwavz HM5 pads on the 780's.

Very soft so the driver sits closer to your ear providing a little more bass over stock pads.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #1,969 of 2,312
They are pleather, no smell and you can feel the cloth ribbing on the back if you pinch and rub it between your fingers. They are only $8 each from mp4nation so that is a good indication as well. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 15, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #1,970 of 2,312
They are pleather, no smell and you can feel the cloth ribbing on the back if you pinch and rub it between your fingers. They are only $8 each from mp4nation so that is a good indication as well. :D

Looking good TD.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #1,971 of 2,312

Looking good TD.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks HF, the thread was getting a bit slow so it needed some Ultrasone Love! :D

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #1,972 of 2,312
Any opinions on the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro? I own the Ultrasone Pro 900s and don't really like taking them out of my room and to the gym/whatnot. I guess you can say I really baby them because I don't want to get them scratched and beaten up. I was trying to get a cheaper headphone from the ultrasone line that has relatively identical sound to the pro 900s that I can pretty much carelessly toss into my backpack and take everywhere in between. I was looking at the DJ1 Pro because it seems pretty close to the Pro 900s but much cheaper. Anyone own the DJ1 Pros that have heard the 900s and want to give me comparison? Thanks.

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #1,973 of 2,312
Any opinions on the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro? I own the Ultrasone Pro 900s and don't really like taking them out of my room and to the gym/whatnot. I guess you can say I really baby them because I don't want to get them scratched and beaten up. I was trying to get a cheaper headphone from the ultrasone line that has relatively identical sound to the pro 900s that I can pretty much carelessly toss into my backpack and take everywhere in between. I was looking at the DJ1 Pro because it seems pretty close to the Pro 900s but much cheaper. Anyone own the DJ1 Pros that have heard the 900s and want to give me comparison? Thanks.

Hi have most of the mid range Ultrasones and in have to say that out of all the closed Ultrasones I have I preferred the dj1 pro the most. It sounds even better than the pro750 which is the next one down from pro900. I'll say for a second hand pair... It's definitely worth the money (I think I got mine for about 70 bucks?)

Jun 16, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #1,974 of 2,312
I have the PRO 550. They are nearly the same as the DJ1pro. I preferred them over the PRO 900 sometimes, because they have tamer treble. But also the bass is tamer.

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #1,976 of 2,312
I am seriously liking the HM5 pads, been listening to the 780's for the whole weekend, not as comfy as my beyer's but close for sure.

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #1,977 of 2,312
Quote:
Hi have most of the mid range Ultrasones and in have to say that out of all the closed Ultrasones I have I preferred the dj1 pro the most. It sounds even better than the pro750 which is the next one down from pro900. I'll say for a second hand pair... It's definitely worth the money (I think I got mine for about 70 bucks?)

If I could find them for $70 they'd already be on my head. Any idea where I can get them for cheaper than $137 amazon list price? 

Also, does anyone know how to get rid of the plastic creaking noises as the headphone angle changes at the hinge when you are listening to music? Most of the Ultrasone line use the same type of headband and horseshoe mechanism, but my pro 900s make weird plastic rubbing noises which I find really bothersome. I didn't think that would happen for such a pair of high end headphones. Is it a simple lubricant problem (just apply some oil and it's fine?) or is there other remedies to get rid of the microphonics altogether? For clarification, the noises happen when I rotate the cups at the hinges and when it is on my head and I move my head from side to side. Would appreciate any advice. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #1,978 of 2,312
Quote:
If I could find them for $70 they'd already be on my head. Any idea where I can get them for cheaper than $137 amazon list price? 

Also, does anyone know how to get rid of the plastic creaking noises as the headphone angle changes at the hinge when you are listening to music? Most of the Ultrasone line use the same type of headband and horseshoe mechanism, but my pro 900s make weird plastic rubbing noises which I find really bothersome. I didn't think that would happen for such a pair of high end headphones. Is it a simple lubricant problem (just apply some oil and it's fine?) or is there other remedies to get rid of the microphonics altogether? For clarification, the noises happen when I rotate the cups at the hinges and when it is on my head and I move my head from side to side. Would appreciate any advice. 

I would NOT use any regular kind of oil, as it ruin plastic parts.

Sorry I don't have much constructive advice beyond that. When I first got my 900's I noticed it a lot, but it diminished over time. Not sure if I got used to it or they just got worn in.

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #1,979 of 2,312
Quote:
I would NOT use any regular kind of oil, as it ruin plastic parts.

Sorry I don't have much constructive advice beyond that. When I first got my 900's I noticed it a lot, but it diminished over time. Not sure if I got used to it or they just got worn in.

Ya thanks for the reply. That's why I didn't oil them and wanted to ask. I doubt oil is a good solution, I was just hoping there would be a good solution. Hopefully they stop making noise over time. I don't want to have to get "used to" microphonics when I am trying to listen to quality music. I guess another solution is to just not move your head much, but seeing as how these are pretty portable, closed cans I can't not move my head as I am walking around places. The headband issue also would be a problem on any ultrasone headphone as they use the same piece of plastic on all of their headphones minus the hand-crafted not made in Taiwan products. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #1,980 of 2,312
I heard of some silicone oil stuff. It should do the job without attacking the plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back