Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Mar 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #1,877 of 2,312
Quote:
Finally got rid of that "Spring Steel" cord on my HFI-780's and that was the only issue I've ever had with their design. You just could not get the bends out of that cable. After removing that cable I can now see the reason, I don't know what the inner sheath on the wires is made of, but it is it the most non flexible plastic I have ever seen.

3.5mm jack, repurposed from a headphone extension cable and fitted to the old cable hole. Very little modification has to be done.

beerchug.gif

Great work Dragon..Looks awesome...

beerchug.gif

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #1,878 of 2,312
Thanks HF!
Much better now. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #1,880 of 2,312
Thanks obobs!

Some of the TRS plugs I have are repurposed from other cables and their shells were injection molded plastic, so I fashion wooden shells for them from dowel. 
dt880smile.png

beerchug.gif

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #1,883 of 2,312
Chores here as well... Sweep and mop the building floors, new owners coming by in the morning.

The HA-S500's have arrived so the poor 780's unfortunately won't see any love for a while... JVC love has a pull on me right now... :p

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #1,884 of 2,312
Chores, chores, chores around the house...A little PRO2500 & Clip Zip love.  Using the 2.7 ft. short Ultrasone cable and it is the perfect size for clipping (pun intended..lol) the Zip to the waistband.

Good times!!!

I do the same thing with my HFI-780s. Works great . . . well, until I bend a certain way and the headphone cable pulls the clip loose. It doesn't have any weight to anchor it. LOL

Mar 31, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #1,885 of 2,312
Sent my Pro 2900's to Ultrasone in California to repair the left driver which "blew".
Repaired under warranty. I'm guessing the driver was factory defective.

They recommended allowing up to 40 hours burn in. I think that's about right.
Burning in at hour 60 right now.
Really sounding sweet!
Lost the majority of the muddy bass that was apparent upon first listening to the repaired cans.

Listening to and enjoying internet radio station. www.antennechillout.rad.io

Mar 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #1,886 of 2,312
Weather is starting to get nicer..
Out on the deck with the portable rig and some sweet HFI-780 love!

beerchug.gif

Apr 1, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #1,887 of 2,312
ooooh the 780's are a gorgeous model. Who needs to listen when you can just look at the things.

Apr 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #1,890 of 2,312
Quote:
ooooh the 780's are a gorgeous model. Who needs to listen when you can just look at the things.

Quote:

Beautiful TD.  Kickin' @ss indeed...

beerchug.gif

Thanks Guys, only we understand that there is just something about 'Sone lovin!

Quote:
Yeah, that pic really brings out the sheen in the metal cups. I'm guessing that's an aftermarket cable on it?

The phone cam hides the scratches well... unfortunately those cups scratch if you glance at them the wrong way.
biggrin.gif

I got really tired of how the bends would not come out of the stock cable, so I added a 3.5mm jack where the cable used to be.
On some my DIY's the TRS plugs are repurposed from other cables, since their shells were injection molded plastic, I fashion new wooden shells for them from dowel.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back