Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Sep 27, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #1,201 of 2,312
nah there was no such thing as the 900's or 2900's when this was done.  

The baffle does not match the PRO2500:

as for the back  if you wanted to mod the 750 cup backs  into 2500's  you'd have to cut them.  but aparently  the PO had a pair of cups from the proline 2500's and used those the holes are OEM.  

Okay. That's what I assumed - but I've been curious if you were to take a 900 or 750 and rip the cup open if it'd become "open" - a good foundation for an open/closed hybrid! :D

and about the baffle  i remember him telling me that he tryed to make the baffle resemble the 2500's as much as possible   i think he took off or stuck on two of those foam disks over the vents or something it was a long time ago.  

That isn't the PRO2500 baffle though. It looks more like the 2900:
(PRO2900 on left)

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #1,202 of 2,312
Hey guys I'm getting the signature Djs in couple weeks and I'm searching for good Dac & Amp for my needs. I listen a lot of bass heavy music budget is around $500 and I use them only at home. I got recommended ODAC + O2 combo earlier what you think? :)

edit: I hope I can post this here.

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #1,203 of 2,312
Quote:
The baffle does not match the PRO2500:

Okay. That's what I assumed - but I've been curious if you were to take a 900 or 750 and rip the cup open if it'd become "open" - a good foundation for an open/closed hybrid!
biggrin.gif

That isn't the PRO2500 baffle though. It looks more like the 2900:
(PRO2900 on left)

found the actual thread from previous owner 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/238427/proline-750-mod-adding-pics-as-i-progress

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #1,204 of 2,312
Quote:
Hey guys I'm getting the signature Djs in couple weeks and I'm searching for good Dac & Amp for my needs. I listen a lot of bass heavy music budget is around $500 and I use them only at home. I got recommended ODAC + O2 combo earlier what you think? :)

Hello Stratok,

Heard good things about that combo.  Take a look at the Audio-GD gear as well, for different options.  Many products in different price ranges.  I don't have the Sig DJs but can attest that the NFB-11.32, NFB-15.1 & the NFB-16 are great matches with my Ultrasones.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Products-EN.htm

This is the fan thread, you can post whatever you like Strat...

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #1,205 of 2,312
Quote:

Hello Stratok,

Heard good things about that combo.  Take a look at the Audio-GD gear as well, for different options.  Many products in different price ranges.  I don't have the Sig DJs but can attest that the NFB-11.32, NFB-15.1 & the NFB-16 are great matches with my Ultrasones.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Products-EN.htm

This is the fan thread, you can post whatever you like Strat...

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #1,206 of 2,312

Fostex HP-P1. It's a portable rig just in case you wanna move around. Can prob get one used for $500. In my opinion I'd stay portable for a $500 budget.

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #1,212 of 2,312
Just got the 580's from amazon last week, really great sounding headphones.  My previous and original pair of cans were my dad's ooold Sony MDR-7506's, which still sounded good up until the left can blew out (I guess), now it rattles/crackles/pops at certain bass frequencies.< any dyi fix for this? nail polish works on bigger speakers

I was hesitant to spend $120 on a pair of headphones without hearing them first, but I'm very pleased with what I got. My sources are a HTC One X, iPod nano, and a crappy Dell 1525. Dell/Windows includes, under playback devices, a feature labeled "Bass Boost and Low Frequency Protection". With the Sony's, I had the settings at 50 Hz and 9 dB, yet with the 580's I keep the feature disabled and am more satisfied with the sound.

I'm looking into a DAC for them, but a portable option would be nice, which is why I'm leaning towards the Fiio E7/17. Unless there are DAC/amps which complement the circuitry of Ultrasones better, considering that I will end up purchasing a higher-end pair of Sone's in the future...

tl/dr: 580's are great, and cheap. should i amp these bad boys?

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #1,213 of 2,312
Isn't the HFI 580 the same as the DJ-1?  I'm pretty sure they are, so I don't think you need an amp with them, but if you listen to loud music like I do, and you hear distortion, again like I do, then you'll need an amp.  I can't see another reason for an amp besides that, though.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #1,214 of 2,312
The Dell would probably definitely benefit from the E17. I can't imagine that the onboard sound is that great. If the Dell doesn't sound as good as iPod and HTC One, then you know you'll get some improvement.

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #1,215 of 2,312
The Dell would probably definitely benefit from the E17. I can't imagine that the onboard sound is that great. If the Dell doesn't sound as good as iPod and HTC One, then you know you'll get some improvement.

+1.

Isn't the HFI 580 the same as the DJ-1?  I'm pretty sure they are, so I don't think you need an amp with them, but if you listen to loud music like I do, and you hear distortion, again like I do, then you'll need an amp.  I can't see another reason for an amp besides that, though.

They're similar but reportedly voiced differently. I agree otherwise. Solid advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back