The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
May 27, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #5,341 of 9,165
Quote:
Yeah, I totally agree. No gapless for AK100? - "Oh, we've been working on it. The whole team..."
But this patch was done by ONE Russian guy.
This is the latest version. The first one did not save the settings after shutting down the DAP. Now it's fixed.
Seems to be working pretty good. If there are any bugs or deviations of battery discharge time - I'll roll back to 1.33 official.
I don't think I would I need AK200 either, as it doesn't have the native DSD playback. And of course, the price is a tad high:)))

What I would really prefer is a real line-out on AK100...

Hi aqtaket,

I'm working on that "real line-out on AK100" thing - with WM8741 and minimal phase digital filter setting.   Thanks for your posts.

Cheers!

Vinnie

May 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #5,343 of 9,165
bmichels et al.,

Thanks to IronLung (and listrid), I was able to get my RWAK100 to be recognized again by the computer, then installed 1.33, and then 

listrid's 1.33 patch.  Seems to be working fine.  So bmichels - you should do it and your RWAK100 will work again.

I see we are calling this the "Russian patch" - but I think it should be named something like "listrid's patch" to give credit to the

person who came up with it (unless he collaborated with a group?  Name?).  Listrid is on http://forum.doctorhead.ru

It would be cool if he posted here, too.  Thanks to him, we now have Gapless for AK100!  Who knows what other SW bug fixes he can

help with? :wink:

IronLung - can you let us know what listrid calls his software patch for 1.33?  He should get recognition for this here.

Thank you,

Vinnie

Yeah, I agree totally with Vinnie!

May 27, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #5,344 of 9,165
Vinnie,

I DO BELIEVE iRiver should hire Listrid and be grateful that fellow worked out so fast their soft bugs.
How so you know they haven't had & this patch isn't a leak :wink:. Afterall that's how we find out about upcoming iPhones from China before Apple US announces them :wink:.

On a more serious note, is if Listrid will continue with patching on future firmwares.

May 27, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #5,345 of 9,165
Quote:
How so you know they haven't had & this patch isn't a leak :wink:. Afterall that's how we find out about upcoming iPhones from China before Apple US announces them :wink:.

On a more serious note, is if Listrid will continue with patching on future firmwares.

He needs to work on the DX100 as well then lol. Maybe he could get Power Amp and Neutron to work utilizing 24/192 :).

May 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #5,346 of 9,165
He needs to work on the DX100 as well then lol. Maybe he could get Power Amp and Neutron to work utilizing 24/192 :).
What!? Figgie's not onto that yet? Slacker!!

May 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #5,350 of 9,165
Gapless will become available on the AK100 in a June software update so why not wait - non-official software updates will invalidate your guarantee, me thinks.. 
Wow, that's the first time I heard of a date. Or did I miss the announcement?

May 28, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #5,353 of 9,165
Quote:
The new Russian firmware is great, but it refuses to play anything but Russian music...what should I do ?

Rim shot!  Good one 
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #5,355 of 9,165
It would be really a shame if iriver only included gapless but not the overhauled UI in their official firmware.  Even if the UI wasn't planned to be included, given the successful adeptation of the AK120 1.00 firmware to the AK100, iriver should just sync up ALL software feature - including USB DAC and DSD playback.  I refuse to believe if it can be done on AK120 there is any hardware reason for it not possible on AK100.

They may think it would hurt AK120 sales, but personally I got the AK120 based on the good experience I had with AK100, including firmware support, and paid the difference to get the best sound (for me) in this small package.  I don't think many of the AK120 users would mind if the software features are available for AK100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back