The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
May 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #5,311 of 9,165
Quote:

Yeah, I'm quoting myself...  One issue I note, after installing the Russian FW on top pf stock v1.32, when I connect as a removable disk t my Retina Macbook Pro running latest version of Mountain Lion, it tales a loooong time for subfolders to populate with files; i.e., the Music folder on the internal drive of the RWAK100 too several minutes before the Artist folders displayed.  It likewise took several minutes before the disk would eject.  I continue to have the same problem I've always had:  the 2nd SD card doesn't show up as a mountable disk in Finder.  I've always had to remove that card from the RWAK100 and connect directly to my rMBP's SD card slot to transfer files.

May 27, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #5,314 of 9,165
I just want to thank Iron Lung who I can see is going backwards and forwards between here and the DoctorHead forum, passing and translating information to and from Listrid who created the patch. I don't speak Russian, but google translate does a good enough job to get the jist of what is going on :)

On a personal note, Iron Lung I apologise if I bit your head off the other day when you were just making a joke. Humour can get lost in translation sometimes, especially on a forum  

Can you also pass on our huge thanks to Listrid for the brilliant patch. He has helped breath a new life into the AK100 (no idea how well that will translate back into Russian)  
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #5,316 of 9,165
Quote:

I did it from 1.33 and still have that problem , would the above solution fixes it?

Retrias just to confirm, are you having the exact same issue of your AK100 is not recognised by any computers with 1.33 firmware + Russian patch?

May 27, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #5,317 of 9,165
Quote:

Retrias just to confirm, are you having the exact same issue of your AK100 is not recognised by any computers with 1.33 firmware + Russian patch?

Yes , its that issue, so I guess its not firmware dependant , since it happens to 1.33 where it shouldn't have happened
mine can be fixed by opening the iriver plus though

May 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #5,318 of 9,165
Quote:
Yes , its that issue, so I guess its not firmware dependant , since it happens to 1.33 where it shouldn't have happened
mine can be fixed by opening the iriver plus though

Hmm that is odd.

It's probably worth pointing out to one and all that Listrid's hex file isn't a full firmware. It's just a patch for 1.33, hence people on 1.32 and below having problems.

It's possible Retrias is having a slightly different but similar issue

May 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #5,321 of 9,165
1+2 are sooo over-hyped.....the are NOT the end all....be sure to listen and handle them before swallowing the kool aid...

i have found the k3003i to have excellent synergy with my rwak100...ultimate portable setup...

disagree, 1plus2 has rare ability which is called analogue sound signature, bass extension is beyond what normally you would expect from IEM. it might be not last word in detailing but musical harmony and crossover blending (akin there is none crossover perhaps but i use this terminology for loudspeaker) is superb.

i have RWAK100 and the pairing with 1plus2 is phenomenal, and adding T1 with a good IC makes you ears melt completely. coming from vinyl and tube setup i can assure you this is rare when IEM can sound so analogue like. of course everything in my humble opinion and i stand by it. there are many nice IEMs perhaps which can be bit more detailed or transparent but analogue live like sound is not what you get with every IEM or every high end component, this is why audiophiles trade in and out a lot of gear before finding their holy grail. of course i wish price would bit more down to earth but i am not talking about price but pure sonics where i listen first and only then i ask what the price is :wink:

May 27, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #5,322 of 9,165
Yes, it does show version 1.00 if you go to system information directly on AK100

May 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #5,323 of 9,165
Quote:
Yeah I know its a patch, I suppose the patch got applied incorrectly?
does anyone else have a problem like mine? is it correct if the iriver + displays the fw version as 1.00?

I just tested and I also get fw version 1.00 displayed in IRiver +

It also wants to update the firmware the second I connect

May 27, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #5,325 of 9,165
I went ahead & upgraded (from Russian-patched v1.32) to stock v1.33, then re-applied Russian FW on top.  Glad to report no issues; gapless works great, and no connection issues (I'm on latest OS X).  In fact, the reported fix 1.33 provided (better stability for SD cards) seems to have worked as now my 2nd SD card mounts as a removable disk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back