The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
May 27, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #5,282 of 9,165
Quote:
Also how about the Heir Tzar pair that heir sells paired with the ak100

If the sound charecteristics of Tzar 350 suits you, go for it, one of the best pair ever but Tzar350 has so much clarity and if your recordings are bad, you will hear it. If you are recordings are good, well you will hear it too. It is incredibly picky on DAP and recordings. I will eventually get it since it since I want to hear every detail in my music but even Wizard says, Tzar 350 is not for everyone. It brings supreme clarity. In Heir Audio thread you should ask for a few tips and suggestions about Tzar 350, they will sure help you.

May 27, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #5,283 of 9,165
Quote:
Thank you all for the help you are trying to provide With my problem. ( rusian firmware installed onto 1.30).

I need to spécify that my unit is NOT Frozen or bricked: reset works and I can use it then again to play the music that is still inside but... Still i can't access the internal drive by USB to add music or ...  to install 1.33 !

- Any  super smart idea ?

- I see à " format " butom in front of the " internal drive" in " advance/ infos "... Should I use it ?? Will it change thé firmware version ? If not then it Will be useless ... And i Will havé no files at all to play

Have you tried installing iriver plus 4 software and see if that software can detect your device? using that software you can both update your firmware and also format your internal memory and do a complete factory reset. 

May 27, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #5,284 of 9,165
Quote:
Hi bmichels,

I loaded an RWAK100 with SW 1.30 and then loaded the Russian SW (to try and replicate the problem you are having) and see
your problem.  My MAC nor PC will not see the unit when "Connecting USB - Do not disconnect."  
mad.gif

I'll look into it some more...

Vinnie

Vinnie, i really feel sorry that you frozed one of your AK100 just to test for me 
confused_face.gif

May 27, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #5,285 of 9,165
Quote:
Have you tried installing iriver plus 4 software and see if that software can detect your device? using that software you can both update your firmware and also format your internal memory and do a complete factory reset. 

Well I believe this software only work on PC (I only have Mac handy here) ?  is it right ?

May 27, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #5,286 of 9,165
If the AK100 doesn't show up or mount on a Mac, it isn't going to on a PC.

May 27, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #5,287 of 9,165
Quote:
Thank you all for the help you are trying to provide With my problem. ( rusian firmware installed onto 1.30).

I need to spécify that my unit is NOT Frozen or bricked: reset works and I can use it then again to play the music that is still inside but... Still i can't access the internal drive by USB to add music or ...  to install 1.33 !

- Any  super smart idea ?

- I see à " format " butom in front of the " internal drive" in " advance/ infos "... Should I use it ?? Will it change thé firmware version ? If not then it Will be useless ... And i Will havé no files at all to play

Do you by chance have a Raspberry Pi?  I know its a long shot A) having one, and B) using its "mini Linux" to trick your AK100 into mounting.  I've read many stories about people doing all sorts of things with phone/tablets/DAPs...

May 27, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #5,289 of 9,165
May 27, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #5,291 of 9,165
I also tried installing russian firmware , I am on 1.33, and have the same problem as bmichels , then I turned on the iriver plus, and there it is, my AK100 displayed itself as a mountable drive again , so to anyone with a windows on their computer , try turning to the iriver plus program , the ak100 will be detected as long as the iriver + is on , otherwise it will unmount itself again

May 27, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #5,292 of 9,165
Thanks for that retrias, if I had my AK100 I would have tried to check that. But sadly it seems like the iriver program is limited to PC not MAC. I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to find a windows PC around you bmichels at least you have one solution. 

May 27, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #5,295 of 9,165
Someone asked way back about the AK100 repeating the same tracks over and over. I had the same issue on genuine 1.33 FW (i.e. pre-Russian patch). I haven't had a chance to see if it still happens on Russian FW, but I have a solution for those experiencing it.

For some reason, when you resume playback after the DAP has been idle / asleep, it seems to replay the same tracks. I found that the easiest way to solve this was to open the list of songs and manually select a new track - this seems to reset the shuffle list.

Of course, it's not ideal and this would be a nice fix to have implemented in the next FW version, but for now you can at least use the workaround to hear a wider variety of tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back