Funny comments from the forums.
Feb 10, 2011 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 958
Sometimes I've come across some epic comments from people on the forums which, if I've had the space, I've put in my signature for a while.  Regrettably, I've run out of room to put a couple of other links I want in there, so I'm going to put them in a thread instead.  If you've found any other excellent ones yourself, please do post them.

'What's with all these headphone amp names these days? "Yesterday I had the greatest SEX... bottlehead experience with my cans." ; "Schiit man... that's really the stuff to compare against the Hat Peed Thingy."' -- epocs

"If people with boob avatars don't like it, it must mean Ultrasone is doing something right ." -- MuppetFace on the ED10s

Apr 6, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 958
The first seven posts of this thread literally made me laugh out loud. 

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/546972/looking-for-my-headphones-back

Edit:  The pokemon thread.  Read upto page 5 - hilarious.

Apr 7, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #6 of 958

Quote:
Quote:
"The K-701 is to real music as Tang is to real oranges." - Uncle Erik

couldnt find the thread but an user reminded me.

You shouldn't have had to look far. It's been in my sig for months.

that is where i fount it.

(google brought me to your profile actually)

Apr 8, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #7 of 958

Quote: Uncle Erik 
A good connection with 60/40 will sound better than some mystical solder made of precious metals mined from a sacred mountain, plunged into liquid nitrogen and bathed in the tears of a virgin monk.

Apr 10, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #10 of 958
By Uncle Erik "If someone is claiming that the laws of physics, as understood today, are somehow waived by a power cord, they have a *substantial* burden of proof to demonstrate their claims."

Apr 10, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #11 of 958
One by Kirosia:
... And Kirosia doth never forgiveth them. 

The thread is one of the more amusing ones I must admit...

Apr 10, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #13 of 958

I don't like the sound signatures of many headphones, mostly because they add extra bass flavoring. Still, I know why they do that (consumers prefer it) and it doesn't bother me. But the K-701 has a really noticeable flaw in the mids. AKG knows this, too, which is why they lowered the price. If it was actually any good, they'd be able to get the MSRP of $500 or so, especially in light of the outbreak of kilobuck headphones. Further, AKG hasn't addressed the problem. Instead of updating the drivers, they put out a fluorescent green version. How cute. 
tongue.gif

Credit to Uncle Erik 

Apr 10, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #14 of 958
Here in the back of the bus we are allowed to ask for evidence beyond I hear a difference when I know what I am listening to.  - Nick_Charles

Apr 10, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #15 of 958
In response to a 300W soldering iron...

Quote from nikongod:
With this post you have stirred a great desire in me. As I gaze longingly on such a fine tool I can but imagine the instantanous melting of solder in the joining of even large gauge wires and vaporization of small parts. It makes my nipples stiffen, and my desk may soon tip as a result of my growing desire but I can not overt my gaze from this tool. OOOOOOOH. Perhaps the worst part of finding this thing I so badly want is also finding it so readily available and willing to be touched and held firmly in my hand. Perhaps some day it will be mine, until then I will have to make do with simply looking shyly from afar and knowing that I have an inadequate regulated Weller 40W at home. Despite the fact that my own tool is more than adequate for the joining of smaller parts it no longer seems like enough. What should I do if I want to solder a 16ga wire to a tube socket? Would my dinky little weller be able to handle it? Would it just cough and sputter feebly on the floor while a man with a real tool could finish the job? I banish these thoughts! How I curse you sanity and practicality! were you not to have stepped in and remind me I dont need something so outstandingly awesome I would own such a tool now. Some day one of you sanity or practicality will leave me and I will take this tool into my home, and we will solder together to consummate our union.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back