The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Oct 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #5,793 of 9,235
Wanted to pass on this deal I picked up from Fatwallet...

Munitio Call of Duty 9mm Billets $13 shipped

I had to bite, seems I can't buy enough buds in this price range if they're said to be decent (heck it's the price of a burger and fries). Looking around there is the occasional review that says bass is ridiculously massive and everything else is nonexistant, but hopefully those are just bad units as there are mostly glowing reviews describing great huge bass plus excellent overall sound. TD's retail is incorrect - these are priced at $70 on Munitio site. Build is said to be excellent, with aluminum body, reinforced cable, etc... and decent accessory pack with carrying case & extra tips.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #5,794 of 9,235
Quote:

I had to bite, seems I can't buy enough buds in this price range if they're said to be decent (heck it's the price of a burger and fries). Looking around there is the occasional review that says bass is ridiculously massive and everything else is nonexistant, but hopefully those are just bad units as there are mostly glowing reviews describing great huge bass plus excellent overall sound. TD's retail is incorrect - these are priced at $70 on Munitio site. Build is said to be excellent, with aluminum body, reinforced cable, etc... and decent accessory pack with carrying case & extra tips.

Bought the max 3 and will give away as gifts......I had to 
tongue.gif

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #5,796 of 9,235
Quote:
Bought the max 3 and will give away as gifts......I had to 
tongue.gif

Quote:
I'm totally hip to the "I had to" feeling 
smile.gif

But please try one first and give us a quick opinion. I know I have my own on the way but I am new at this and would like to hear what more experienced ears think of them. 

(IIRC some said 40hrs burn-in is in order)

Sure I'll give my humble opinion. But I'm not much experienced than you are. What other IEMs do you have?

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #5,797 of 9,235
Quote:

Sure I'll give my humble opinion. But I'm not much experienced than you are. What other IEMs do you have?

Sorry I just figured by your post count that you've been in this club for awhile 
smile.gif

Hmm lets see...I have
V-Moda Vibe II Duo
Scosche IDR355MD
Brainwavz Beta
Monoprice 8320 - bequeathed to nephew
Xears Communicate C100iP

So, I don't spend a lot - I look for big discounts on items that already don't cost much.

I think I'm finding out that what I like is generally referred to here as a fun sound (which I guess is fortunate when you can't spend a lot of money). Which maybe explains why I gave away the MPs...I did notice the nice detail (for the price), but bass seemed a tad light and they just didn't excite me. To my ears the Xears are the best I have, they have great bass punch and also good mid detail and decent brightness (well that's my very amateur opinion). But I do love the way they sound.

But anyway the reason I don't trust my own opinion that much yet is...every time I put in a pair of my iems and dial up some good music I end up thinking OMG these are the best headphones, this song sounds awesome!! I mean even the Scosche had me thinking that 
biggrin.gif
. Then I got the Xears and WOW NOW THESE REALLY ARE THE BEST.

So anyway that's why I like to back up my own opinion with others from people who have a bit more experience. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #5,798 of 9,235
Quote:
Sorry I just figured by your post count that you've been in this club for awhile 
smile.gif

Hmm lets see...I have
V-Moda Vibe II Duo
Scosche IDR355MD
Brainwavz Beta
Monoprice 8320 - bequeathed to nephew
Xears Communicate C100iP

So, I don't spend a lot - I look for big discounts on items that already don't cost much.

I think I'm finding out that what I like is generally referred to here as a fun sound (which I guess is fortunate when you can't spend a lot of money). Which maybe explains why I gave away the MPs...I did notice the nice detail (for the price), but bass seemed a tad light and they just didn't excite me. To my ears the Xears are the best I have, they have great bass punch and also good mid detail and decent brightness (well that's my very amateur opinion). But I do love the way they sound.

But anyway the reason I don't trust my own opinion that much yet is...every time I put in a pair of my iems and dial up some good music I end up thinking OMG these are the best headphones, this song sounds awesome!! I mean even the Scosche had me thinking that 
biggrin.gif
. Then I got the Xears and WOW NOW THESE REALLY ARE THE BEST.

So anyway that's why I like to back up my own opinion with others from people who have a bit more experience. 

I used Shure 530s and 535s for about 10 years and was happy. Then I gave to my better half the 535s and decided rather than get another pair I would get something 'different'.
So, on the faithful day, about a million hours of reading ago, I entered into Goggle search bar
"Best Earphones" and then it rained Hell fire and brimstone upon my head.....I found Head-Fi.

After hours of reading, I realized how unhappy I was with the 535s 
blink.gif
  LOL

Seriously, I have jumped in with both feet and IMHO went right to the top (spending a few short hours in between with Westones 4 and UM3X) and now have FitEar To Go 334s and Unique Melody Miracles. Each day I think one is slightly better than the other, then the next day I switch but this much I know, for me right now, my search and curiosity to try others, has ended.

I'll really try to get enthusiastic about trying the Munitio's, I probably will want to open just to see if the tips would work better on the 334s as I am trying to tweak the sound. And while they are open, why not give a listen!

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #5,799 of 9,235
Quote:
I used Shure 530s and 535s for about 10 years and was happy. Then I gave to my better half the 535s and decided rather than get another pair I would get something 'different'.
So, on the faithful day, about a million hours of reading ago, I entered into Goggle search bar
"Best Earphones" and then it rained Hell fire and brimstone upon my head.....I found Head-Fi.

After hours of reading, I realized how unhappy I was with the 535s 
blink.gif
  LOL

Seriously, I have jumped in with both feet and IMHO went right to the top (spending a few short hours in between with Westones 4 and UM3X) and now have FitEar To Go 334s and Unique Melody Miracles. Each day I think one is slightly better than the other, then the next day I switch but this much I know, for me right now, my search and curiosity to try others, has ended.

I'll really try to get enthusiastic about trying the Munitio's, I probably will want to open just to see if the tips would work better on the 334s as I am trying to tweak the sound. And while they are open, why not give a listen!

Oh for heaven's sake 
smile.gif
...$1350 iems and 6-driver customs?? You can be forgiven for not leaving a review of $13 hp's...it may be for the best haha. Thanks for all of your input!

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #5,800 of 9,235
Quote:

Amazing deal...I too went to the site and bought 3 to give out for Xmas present, until the shipping charges appeared ($79 for USPS International to Australia), then I cancelled the purchase...

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #5,801 of 9,235
That Tiger Direct deal is good but I didn't receive free shipping even though it says "Free Shipping". Looks like Tiger is doing what it does: bait and switch to give you free shipping IF you sign up for their version of Prime for $50. Oh well, total was under 20 bucks and I need a set with a mic for my phone anyways.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #5,802 of 9,235
Quote:
That Tiger Direct deal is good but I didn't receive free shipping even though it says "Free Shipping". Looks like Tiger is doing what it does: bait and switch to give you free shipping IF you sign up for their version of Prime for $50. Oh well, total was under 20 bucks and I need a set with a mic for my phone anyways.

Are you in the US? I am and I received free shipping. I am sorry that this deal that I posted isn't working out for everyone.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #5,803 of 9,235
Quote:

Quote:
Are you in the US? I am and I received free shipping. I am sorry that this deal that I posted isn't working out for everyone.

I did have to pay like $3.80 per because of shipping to Hawaii.

Oct 22, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #5,804 of 9,235
Quote:

No need to apologize, it is Tiger Direct after all :wink:
And I am in the US, in California.

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #5,805 of 9,235
Quote:

I appreciate you posting the deal. However good they end up it doesn't hurt to have an extra "backup" with a mic for $12.99 (and at least they look cool, lol).

The TigerDirect checkout is just screwed up I think. I got them with free shipping but it was a hassle buying from my phone. First, Google checkout wanted to charge me free shipping, then I ditched that and tried PayPal and TigerDirect wouldn't let me complete checkout. I then finally, switched fro the "mobile" site to the desktop version on my phone browser and I was able to complete the transaction with free "econo" shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back