The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Sep 14, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #5,582 of 9,235
Ya gotta get to know an IEM. Spend a little time. Don't rush to judgement. I could tell when I got the right seal on HF3 and so far am liking what I hear.

But I digress. Guys, we should keep our comments in dedicated thread and leave this one for DEALS, BABY, DEALS!

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #5,583 of 9,235
Just ordered the HF3's, now the waiting begins........
triportsad.gif

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #5,584 of 9,235
So is this cowboom website that sells these hf3's for so cheap selling them because they are overstock or what? I know the average person buying headphones wouldn't like etymotic because they wouldn't get the right seal and think they sound bad and lack bass because they don't have them in properly, so my guess is that etymotic is held back because of this, even though they come with a special paper telling you how essential a good seal is for sound quality.

Sep 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #5,586 of 9,235
Quote:
http://blog.cowboom.com/is-cowboom-legit/
Cowboom is a Best Buy liquidation site, essentially.

Very Nice...

Thanks, Jim

Sep 15, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #5,588 of 9,235
Quote:
So is this cowboom website that sells these hf3's for so cheap selling them because they are overstock or what? I know the average person buying headphones wouldn't like etymotic because they wouldn't get the right seal and think they sound bad and lack bass because they don't have them in properly, so my guess is that etymotic is held back because of this, even though they come with a special paper telling you how essential a good seal is for sound quality.

They havent been very successful selling them, even at $79, which is what they were marked at last year. If they sold the HF2's, I think they would do marginally better, as other smartphones could atleast utilize the microphone. For the unassuming buyer, they would simply think the HF3 mic is broken.
Quote:
And some people don't like to read, I am super happy with mine; for me it's the best and highest experience I have ever had with any IEM.

These are really good. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the HF2/3/5's are, in my opinion, a superior IEM to the likes of the X10's and B2's (although, personally I cant handle the treble on the B2's; theres just too much!)

Sep 15, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #5,590 of 9,235
My order was pending for 3 days. Finally got a shipping notification. They are scheduled to arrive tomorrow!!!

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #5,594 of 9,235
Quote:
Orko, you need them. Go ahead and order them while you can; you will regret and end up ordering them for more money later on anyways.

Good Post !!!

Jim

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #5,595 of 9,235
I got my notification on my order quickly (had to try twice, though), but shipping taking about 10 days, to arrive Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back