The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Mar 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #4,336 of 9,235
Has anyone used a pair or tried out the V-moda bass frequency ones? $8.88 is such a steal! 
tongue_smile.gif

I just don't want to buy anything and not use it later on. 

Mar 14, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #4,338 of 9,235
yep, i have the them as well. (i gave them to by sister)

very bassy and not very clear.Still very good for the money though.

the build quality seems to be good, my lil sister uses them and she just wraps it around her iPod and just puts it in her pocket. She's been doing it for half a year now and its still going strong. We got it for 10 bucks off V Moda's ebay store (they don't sell them on ebay anymore)

Mar 14, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #4,339 of 9,235
Build quality is nothing spectacular. I had a pair that died after 6 months of not too much use. My brother has also had 2 pairs die on him in only a few months use on each.

I'll also second the statement about the muddy bass. For $8.88 you aren't really losing too much money if you really want to try them out, but don't expect all that much.

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #4,340 of 9,235
Westone 4s on overstock.com for $349.99 (they claim the regular price is $449 - not sure if that's the street price or not....it's a 48-hour sale - i got an email about it so I thought I'd see what they had. Not sure if that's a good deal for those, but thought I'd mention it. They also have Ultrasone Pro750s for $280  Audio Technica CKM50s for $24.99.

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #4,342 of 9,235
Quote:
ive been on this thread for ages and all ive bought is a ue700 :) im proud of my self control

I've bought others, but only UE 700 makes me feel it's money well spent. So kudos.
wink.gif

Quote:
Westone 4s on overstock.com for $349.99 (they claim the regular price is $449 - not sure if that's the street price or not....it's a 48-hour sale - i got an email about it so I thought I'd see what they had. Not sure if that's a good deal for those, but thought I'd mention it. They also have Ultrasone Pro750s for $280  Audio Technica CKM50s for $24.99.

Well soundearphones.com had the W4s for about $330-ish during Black Friday/Christmas season.

Also buydig had the CKM50 for $19.99 just a few days ago.

Still these deals are not bad. Warm deals, just not hot.

Mar 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #4,345 of 9,235
Ahh alright! Thanks for all the replies guys!
Definitely gonna wait for some better IEM's to show up on this deal thread. No rush Haaa
wink_face.gif

Mar 14, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #4,346 of 9,235
Mar 14, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #4,348 of 9,235
Mar 14, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #4,349 of 9,235
A list of unauthorized dealers. That's ridiculous.

How do they get the products? Sneak into Westone HQ at night and pick everything they can? lol

Westone shows a clear way to sell their products and dodge their responsibility not providing warranty. Lost my respect.

As long as there are no counterfeits, there's no reason for a list like that. If the product is genuine, they made it and they sold it, and they hold responsibility for it. It's not like other massively copied brands, where if you buy from non-authorized dealers you may end with a fake and obviously no warranty...

Mar 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #4,350 of 9,235

Quote:
A list of unauthorized dealers. That's ridiculous.

How do they get the products? Sneak into Westone HQ at night and pick everything they can? lol

Westone shows a clear way to sell their products and dodge their responsibility not providing warranty. Lost my respect.

As long as there are no counterfeits, there's no reason for a list like that. If the product is genuine, they made it and they sold it, and they hold responsibility for it. It's not like other massively copied brands, where if you buy from non-authorized dealers you may end with a fake and obviously no warranty...

Maybe that's just it though, Westone isn't actually distributing to those sellers and they are getting it from a third party. Or it could simply be a case of Westone trying to enforce MAP like Sennheiser is doing, and some companies don't comply so they are no longer authorized. Not saying it's right, but I don't think it's ridiculous either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back