The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Mar 18, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #4,366 of 9,235

Quote:
In retrospect, perhaps they are just being proactive in order to discourage counterfeiting, which I can't blame them for. I don't see the harm in a few remarks regarding the merits of voided warranties when purchasing from unauthorized retailers, but threads do get hijacked quite easily. I guess I'm old-school - you know, freedom of speech and all. Anyways, ME Electronics ME6s are 17 dollars on Amazon. I think these come up on this thread from time to time, but that seems like a good price.

Sorry if I came across as rude with my off topic smiley you have my sincere apologies.

Any who speaking of ME Electronics anyone know if their A151 ever comes up on sale? I'm rather curious what these IEM's sound like but I'll wait if they usually come up on sale like a lot of their other products.

Mar 18, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #4,367 of 9,235
Used to come up on sale a lot, I think in the mid $30 range and it was posted here often (back when this was a deals thread).

Quote:

Any who speaking of ME Electronics anyone know if their A151 ever comes up on sale? I'm rather curious what these IEM's sound like but I'll wait if they usually come up on sale like a lot of their other products.

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #4,368 of 9,235

Quote:
Sorry if I came across as rude with my off topic smiley you have my sincere apologies.

Not at all, and no worries whatsoever.

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #4,369 of 9,235

Quote:
The silver GR07s are on sale for $129.88 at Lendmeurears now - http://lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?products_id=138

For anyone in the U.S. who bought the $130 GR07 from lendmeurears:

Did your order ship from Singapore? The item page said that U.S. orders would ship from a U.S. warehouse. However, my order shipped from Singapore. I was expecting a USPS Delivery Confirmation number, but got a Singpost tracking number instead. I was hoping to get my GR07 fast, but it looks like that won't be happening. I emailed lendmeurears about this three days ago, but never got a response. Up to that point, responses about my order came in a reasonable amount of time. Once I asked about the Singapore shipping, no more response.

Also, lendmeurears did give me a $10.65 refund since PayPal charged me $143.25 instead of $130. Still around $3 short, but I let it pass for now since it didn't seem to be lendmeurears' fault. The conversion rate from SGD and USD seems to vary between lendmeurears' website and PayPal.

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #4,370 of 9,235

For anyone in the U.S. who bought the $130 GR07 from lendmeurears:

Did your order ship from Singapore? The item page said that U.S. orders would ship from a U.S. warehouse. However, my order shipped from Singapore. I was expecting a USPS Delivery Confirmation number, but got a Singpost tracking number instead. I was hoping to get my GR07 fast, but it looks like that won't be happening. I emailed lendmeurears about this three days ago, but never got a response. Up to that point, responses about my order came in a reasonable amount of time. Once I asked about the Singapore shipping, no more response.

Also, lendmeurears did give me a $10.65 refund since PayPal charged me $143.25 instead of $130. Still around $3 short, but I let it pass for now since it didn't seem to be lendmeurears' fault. The conversion rate from SGD and USD seems to vary between lendmeurears' website and PayPal.

Try posting a question on their Facebook page. They used to be more responsive there when I ordered mine.

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #4,372 of 9,235
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster here! I ordered the MDTs on 2/29 and I have yet to receive any status updates, despite contacting Monster. Is anybody else here in the same boat? Tempted to cancel my order jump on those Phiatons at the same price...

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #4,373 of 9,235

Quote:
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster here! I ordered the MDTs on 2/29 and I have yet to receive any status updates, despite contacting Monster. Is anybody else here in the same boat? Tempted to cancel my order jump on those Phiatons at the same price...

call them and ask them where it is

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #4,377 of 9,235
I'm finding it's largely a matter of personal preference. I prefer my JVC HA-FXT90L2s to my Westone 3s, as I have a tendency to enjoy a brighter sound signature. From what I've read, the PS200s are very bright, which definitely matches my style.

Mar 18, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #4,378 of 9,235

Quote:

Well, seeing as street price is already $50 (2/3 off MSRP), they're kind of perpetually on sale. Though I have seen them drop really low, making me kind of regret buying them at full price.

Mar 18, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #4,379 of 9,235
Quote:

The a161 is supposed to come out in April or so, wait for the impressions and then see if A161 will go on sale; if it's a better big brother of A151, then it'll be worth it to wait. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back