The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Dec 15, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #3,286 of 9,235

Quote:
I became interested in the UE700 purely for their drivers, the Knowles TWFK, which costs a lot by itself.

After I bought it (with the intent to break it), I was pleasantly surprised by their lucid, dry open mids, exceeding the CK10, falling short only in the bass.

So, I tend to overlook the quality issues, if the cable breaks don't throw it away, it's the best balanced armature driver around used in many custom IEM's.

+1

Absolutely amazing for the price, got mine for $99 couple of weeks ago, best purchase I've made...

Dec 16, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #3,287 of 9,235
Tempted. But the bright and bass-light sound signature would probably turn me off almost instantly.

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #3,289 of 9,235

Quote:
Quote:
I became interested in the UE700 purely for their drivers, the Knowles TWFK, which costs a lot by itself.

After I bought it (with the intent to break it), I was pleasantly surprised by their lucid, dry open mids, exceeding the CK10, falling short only in the bass.

So, I tend to overlook the quality issues, if the cable breaks don't throw it away, it's the best balanced armature driver around used in many custom IEM's.

+1

Absolutely amazing for the price, got mine for $99 couple of weeks ago, best purchase I've made...

maybe, but it's only for australians

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #3,291 of 9,235

Quote:
Tempted. But the bright and bass-light sound signature would probably turn me off almost instantly.

Nah mate, they are not ultra bright, it's just BA-standard bright, B2 is slightly brighter than UE700

The bass is excellent and punchy when called upon, it's just missing some degree of sub-bass.

I am a BA lover and I was pleasantly surprise for how good and punchy the bass is compared to most dual-BA IEM out there, you MUST get proper seal and fit though, I use hybrids.

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #3,294 of 9,235
Wow... Judging purely by sound, any Canadian in the market for ~$100 multi-genre earphones should jump on that... That's even better than the Black Friday tf10 deal IMO... unless you want a colder analytical sig, then the ue700 or HF5 are a better bet at ~ the same price.

Quote:
Heads up Canadians!
Visions.ca has the Monster Turbine Pro Coppers on sale again, $99 according to there e-flyer, that's even cheaper than the black friday sale.

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #3,298 of 9,235

Quote:

I think he lives outside US and Australia? 
wink.gif

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #3,300 of 9,235

Oh, no in English you can say "que" and "ciao" if you want, it's slang, I'm not Spanish.

You can use a forwarding service if amazon.com won't send it to you kanuka, I heard viaaddress is good, I'm not sure never used it.

Since you are a vocal lover, I think there's a better IEM out there waiting for you though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back