The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Sep 29, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #1,892 of 9,235

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD25-1-II-Professional-Headphone/dp/B000TDZOXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317058941&sr=8-1

HD-25-1-II back in stock by Amazon for $129.95. I received the one I order last week and besides the box looking a bit banged up, it's perfect compared to my old pair.

Just received mine.  Problem is, it's not an HD25-1 II, it's an HD25-SP II.  I had to explain to Amazon that they are not the same.  They have no replacements in stock either, grrr....pain in the butt.

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #1,893 of 9,235
Looks like you ordered that last one, out of stock now 
wink.gif

Quote:
I ordered one too! THANK YOU! 

Sep 29, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #1,895 of 9,235
The difference between HD25-1 II and HD25-SP II is that the second has "a simpler headband and a slightly different capsule design". HD25-1 II has a double headband, very easy to see the difference between the two models.
Quote:
Yggdrassilious /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think it's a HD25-1 II but now I'm worried.    

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #1,897 of 9,235
Seems the 5'th review from the top states the very same:

Quote:
3.0 out of 5 stars Picture doesn't match description or price, April 16, 2011

By 
A. Corson - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   

[size=x-small] [size=x-small]This review is from: [/size]Sennheiser HD25-1 II Closed Back Professional Headphone with Swivel Earcups (Electronics)[/size]

Just a watch out that the Senn HD 25-SP II are not the same as HD 25-1. The picture shows the 25-1 but the price and description match teh HD-25SP II.

Sep 29, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #1,899 of 9,235
No split headband (SP), connects to bottom of cups, etc. The HD25-I-IIs are an Amazon stocked item, the SPs are fulfilled from Amazon (seller rents shelf-space at Amazon). Anyway, it's apparently hit or miss on what you will receive... this is NOT a DOTD or special sale.... this is a FUBAR on Amazon's part as told by a tier-1 support manager (I have a friend at AMZN who's a mucky-muck). Both the SPs and the Pros are selling at the same price (error).

Anyway, give them a call and they will make it right. Don't bother with online chat. Also, try to explain AMZN's error to the rep you talk to. Good business for everyone if they're set-straight and correct the website.

My tier 1 rep was on the ball, but I suspect that my replacement will be another SP phone.

Sep 29, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #1,900 of 9,235
did anyone elses' HD25 II's come with no seam stickers? the packaging doesnt seem to have any "previously opened if removed" indicators and they didnt look brand new; although it could very well just be the way they manufacture them...

Sep 29, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #1,901 of 9,235

Quote:
did anyone elses' HD25 II's come with no seam stickers? the packaging doesnt seem to have any "previously opened if removed" indicators and they didnt look brand new; although it could very well just be the way they manufacture them...

Mine seem pretty new. Box is a bit beat up, but that's about it.

It's the HD25-1 II model too.

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #1,903 of 9,235
Interesting, I figured it was something like this since $129 was the SP's street price. I feel bad for those who received an SP... but you can always get a refund, right?

Quote:
No split headband (SP), connects to bottom of cups, etc. The HD25-I-IIs are an Amazon stocked item, the SPs are fulfilled from Amazon (seller rents shelf-space at Amazon). Anyway, it's apparently hit or miss on what you will receive... this is NOT a DOTD or special sale.... this is a FUBAR on Amazon's part as told by a tier-1 support manager (I have a friend at AMZN who's a mucky-muck). Both the SPs and the Pros are selling at the same price (error).

Anyway, give them a call and they will make it right. Don't bother with online chat. Also, try to explain AMZN's error to the rep you talk to. Good business for everyone if they're set-straight and correct the website.

My tier 1 rep was on the ball, but I suspect that my replacement will be another SP phone.

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #1,904 of 9,235
Yeah, my HD 25 didn't have seam stickers either. I looked at some unboxing videos on YouTube and it seemed like they didn't have seam stickers either. They sound pretty good, but then again, I've never heard any other pair of HD 25's. My box is kind of beat up too....and the Amazon box that it was delivered in is majorly crushed. 

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back