The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Sep 29, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #1,906 of 9,235
The difference between HD25-1 II and HD25-SP II is that the second has "a simpler headband and a slightly different capsule design". HD25-1 II has a double headband, very easy to see the difference between the two models.

Don't the SP have different drivers?

Yes, different drivers.

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #1,907 of 9,235

Quote:
Yeah, my HD 25 didn't have seam stickers either. I looked at some unboxing videos on YouTube and it seemed like they didn't have seam stickers either. They sound pretty good, but then again, I've never heard any other pair of HD 25's. My box is kind of beat up too....and the Amazon box that it was delivered in is majorly crushed.  

Did they put the HD25s in a cardboard box that was just the size of the HD25 box? Like, you had to pry the HD25 box out of the packaging box?

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #1,908 of 9,235
Nope, they used a bigger box with those "bagged airs" to cushion it, but it was so crushed that it punctured one of these bagged airs. Worse shaped package from Amazon.com I've received, now that I think about it. 

A bit concerned, but the sound quality is pretty good...

Quote:

Did they put the HD25s in a cardboard box that was just the size of the HD25 box? Like, you had to pry the HD25 box out of the packaging box?

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #1,909 of 9,235

Quote:

I had to cut both ends of the box so I could push it through, haha.
My box was scratched up, but it didnt look beat on; then again, the FEDEX guys in my area dont usually play soccer with parcels.

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #1,912 of 9,235

Quote:
Nope, they used a bigger box with those "bagged airs" to cushion it, but it was so crushed that it punctured one of these bagged airs. Worse shaped package from Amazon.com I've received, now that I think about it. 

A bit concerned, but the sound quality is pretty good... 

Haha, I had to cut the cardboard box from amazon because the dimensions were almost exactly the same as the dimensions of the HD25 box.

But as long as they sound good, no problems right? 

I feel in love with the HD25 at first listen. It sounds amazing.

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #1,913 of 9,235
Having used Ultrasone HFI-580 for a long time, this was quite a change. It didn't have that bass boom (which isn't a bad thing), but after a while I fell in love with the mids (which were recessed on the HFI-580). 

The only problem I still have is that it is sometimes sibilant. This seems to have gotten better with some burn-in, but maybe the HD600/650 cable will really help. 

But overall, the HD25 is great! Now I don't have to use poor earbuds while I'm on the go! And I really like the look--the wires all over the place make it kinda robotic lookin'. 

Quote:
Haha, I had to cut the cardboard box from amazon because the dimensions were almost exactly the same as the dimensions of the HD25 box.

But as long as they sound good, no problems right? 

I feel in love with the HD25 at first listen. It sounds amazing. 

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #1,914 of 9,235
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD25-1-II-Professional-Headphone/dp/B000TDZOXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317352909&sr=8-1

Sennheiser HD25-1 II Closed Back Professional Headphone with Swivel Earcups
by Sennheiser
4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (19 customer reviews) | Like (6)
List Price: $299.95
Price: $129.95 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Only 1 left in stock--order soon.

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #1,915 of 9,235

Quote:
Having used Ultrasone HFI-580 for a long time, this was quite a change. It didn't have that bass boom (which isn't a bad thing), but after a while I fell in love with the mids (which were recessed on the HFI-580). 

The only problem I still have is that it is sometimes sibilant. This seems to have gotten better with some burn-in, but maybe the HD600/650 cable will really help. 

But overall, the HD25 is great! Now I don't have to use poor earbuds while I'm on the go! And I really like the look--the wires all over the place make it kinda robotic lookin'.  

That's strange. I don't notice any sibilance with my HD25s. It's got even less noticable sibiliance than my HD600s. (Which aren't known for having any sibilance)

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #1,916 of 9,235

Seconded. My box looks kind of "old stock", little creased and beat up around the edges. There was no seal to cut open as well...

I was scared of the "clamp" but with a little adjusting it was pretty comfortable.  And AWESOME SOUND. Like a headphone version of the ER4s.
Quote:
Yeah, my HD 25 didn't have seam stickers either. I looked at some unboxing videos on YouTube and it seemed like they didn't have seam stickers either. They sound pretty good, but then again, I've never heard any other pair of HD 25's. My box is kind of beat up too....and the Amazon box that it was delivered in is majorly crushed.  

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #1,917 of 9,235

Quote:

Yup.  Total pain.  Fortunately I didn't destroy the box in the process, since I have to send my NOT HD25-1 II's back since they're actually HD25-SP II's.

Sep 30, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #1,920 of 9,235
Quote:
Quick question for those who have their HD 25: do the cups wobble around a lot?

yes, but thats just so they conform to your ears without feeling like you're wearing a clamp on your brain.
on a side note, I am really digging them as a portable. Dont get me wrong, the TMA-1's are phenomenal, but the HD25's have such an engaging/electric sound to them that the TMA's cant do without a good EQ'ing. I also like how the finish isnt as delicate as the TMA's; which means I dont have to worry about exclusively placing them down on padded surfaces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back