The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Feb 9, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #619 of 9,235
Subbed to thread...

Feb 9, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #620 of 9,235

Quote:
Well, I took a chance on the ONTOs that were just posted. We'll see how they are. Hopefully they're not fakes. Although coming from J&R I would be surprised.

Me too! A set of half-decent headphones that are cheap enough to leave on my desk at work (as a backup pair for when I leave my good set at home). Really looking forward to hearing them.

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #623 of 9,235

Quote:
I dont think there is a marked for fake ONTO`s they are to cheap to fake

Actually they used to run $25-35 on average until a year or so ago. The ONTOs are notorious for being commonly counterfeited and very difficult to tell apart from the real thing (since the genuine ones aren't all that great to start with). There's a bunch of head-fi threads about it and lots of info on fakeheadphones.com. Anything without a retail box is probably fake as the retail box is the most difficult part to duplicate 
redface.gif

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #624 of 9,235
Omg!!! dident know that, so sorry. Wonder if it is the orginal or the fake that have the best sq
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Quote:
I dont think there is a marked for fake ONTO`s they are to cheap to fake

Actually they used to run $25-35 on average until a year or so ago. The ONTOs are notorious for being commonly counterfeited and very difficult to tell apart from the real thing (since the genuine ones aren't all that great to start with). There's a bunch of head-fi threads about it and lots of info on fakeheadphones.com. Anything without a retail box is probably fake as the retail box is the most difficult part to duplicate 
redface.gif

Feb 9, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #628 of 9,235

Yeah, if you want to spend $100 on completely fake knockoffs that will sound more like Skullcandies than Sennheisers...

Quote:
Nope..these can be had all day at $100 on ebay new. 

Quote:
is this is a good deal?
Sennheiser IE7 $160.00
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-IE7-Fidelity-Earbuds-Reduction/dp/B00125UBVA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297283627&sr=8-1

Feb 9, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #629 of 9,235

Users who are viewing this thread

Back