The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Dec 10, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #272 of 9,235
So what are the chances of the M11+'s going on sale in the next 10 days on MEelecs site? Anyone got the scoop on that? I really want to buy a couple more to give to friends.

I'm listening to the ones I got from the M-What deal right now and I can not believe I only paid 14 bucks for these things. My KSC-75's had a nice long run but this is now the best budget-fi purchase I've ever made.

Dec 10, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #275 of 9,235

Quote:
So what are the chances of the M11+'s going on sale in the next 10 days on MEelecs site? Anyone got the scoop on that? I really want to buy a couple more to give to friends.

I'm listening to the ones I got from the M-What deal right now and I can not believe I only paid 14 bucks for these things. My KSC-75's had a nice long run but this is now the best budget-fi purchase I've ever made.

for $15 they're a pretty good deal...though i regret buying mine for $25

Dec 10, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #277 of 9,235

Quote:
You're saying the M11+ isn't even a good value for a $25 IEM?

That should be a warning to manufacturers not to deeply discount their products.

the sound sig just didn't agree with my ears...this is one of those cases where I wouldn't use them even if they were free...

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #279 of 9,235

Quote:
Monster Miles Davis Tributes are on sale for $300 on the official Monster website

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=5716

Hmm lifetime guarantee, free shipping, I went for it thanks!
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #280 of 9,235
went for it too, thanks.
 I also have the turbine and MTPC. I will have to decide on the one  I really like the most to free up cash to try other brands. 

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #281 of 9,235
Make sure you try some widemouth tips like the meelecs w/ the Monsters if the supertips are too warm or bassy for your liking as well as insertion angle and depth.  Hope you guys dig them.  I would also not go w/ an aggressive burn-in procedure as it seems the Monster drivers can be delicate.

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #282 of 9,235

Quote:
Make sure you try some widemouth tips like the meelecs w/ the Monsters if the supertips are too warm or bassy for your liking as well as insertion angle and depth.  Hope you guys dig them.  I would also not go w/ an aggressive burn-in procedure as it seems the Monster drivers can be delicate.

Yeah that's the main reason I went for this, I bought a used pair and the left driver was blown. The lifetime warranty is only good if you are the original purchaser, so I had to send them back to the seller. They were nice though, the Tribute is the first IEM I like better than my e-Q7. They're different enough to compliment each other though.

Thanks for the tips, I am interested in trying the supertips and I have some hybrids in the wings, but I thought they sounded pretty good with the medium black ball-shaped stock tip.

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #283 of 9,235

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Yeah that's the main reason I went for this, I bought a used pair and the left driver was blown. The lifetime warranty is only good if you are the original purchaser, so I had to send them back to the seller. They were nice though, the Tribute is the first IEM I like better than my e-Q7. They're different enough to compliment each other though.

Yeah, I've gotten over the idea I can live w/ just one IEM or headphone.  I think it's like chasing a Unicorn.  Trying to keep it to two complimentary products max.  I'm failing that atm though.  
frown.gif

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #284 of 9,235

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Yeah, I've gotten over the idea I can live w/ just one IEM or headphone.  I think it's like chasing a Unicorn.  Trying to keep it to two complimentary products max.  I'm failing that atm though.  
frown.gif

you still chase unicorns?....oh well, i'm still chasing that elusive leprachuan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back