The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Jun 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #8,251 of 9,235
The PFE132 are still going for $99 - is this a good deal? 

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #8,253 of 9,235
Quote:
Depends on whether or not you're into the type of sound signature they offer (read joker's review of the PFEs).

Good idea - didnt see the exact one in his list - but I think 122 & 132 are essentially the same - just different filters and remotes. Thanks

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #8,254 of 9,235
Good idea - didnt see the exact one in his list - but I think 122 & 132 are essentially the same - just different filters and remotes. Thanks

Correct. From my understanding, the only differences between the PFE 0xx and 1xx are the following features:

1. Mic/remote or no mic/remote
2. Preinstalled/included filters
3. Color schemes

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #8,256 of 9,235
http://en.goldenears.net/2184

GoldenEars review of the PFE112 is very good in terms of characteristics (can be applied to 122/132-according to what you guys said):

Transparency/ Coloration is very clear.
Dynamics is very natural.
High resolution is vivid.
Treble relative to mid range is pretty light with soft texture.
Bass relative to mid range is pretty boomy with a solid texture.

Very good stuff

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #8,259 of 9,235
Just an update. I received this offer in the morning that day and immediately pounced on it. It came in 2 days ago. Suprisingly slow shipping fro west to east cost. Anyways I am in pure disbelief. There's so much accessories in it including arm band & clam shell case which will fit the ipods easily. The isolation is stunning and the sound is just amazing. Great fro hard driving bass music. I wished I bought 2 just for the case.
If you guys see it for that price or less just get it. It even comes with an extension cable and added benefit for me (when keeping the player out of reach to the kids)
Quote:
Meelec Sport-Fi S6 - $16.99 w/free shipping Best Buy. 24 hours deal of the day.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sport-Fi+S6+Earbud+Headphones/6264185.p?id=1218725894168&skuId=6264185&st=6264185&cp=1&lp=1

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #8,260 of 9,235
I pic
Just an update. I received this offer in the morning that day and immediately pounced on it. It came in 2 days ago. Suprisingly slow shipping fro west to east cost. Anyways I am in pure disbelief. There's so much accessories in it including arm band & clam shell case which will fit the ipods easily. The isolation is stunning and the sound is just amazing. Great fro hard driving bass music. I wished I bought 2 just for the case.
If you guys see it for that price or less just get it. It even comes with an extension cable and added benefit for me (when keeping the player out of reach to the kids)

I picked this up too and with $5 reward zone cert and $7 left over gift card it was like $5 for me. Great deal thanks.

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #8,263 of 9,235
Quote:
Don't see this anywhere in a search of the forums, so I'm both posting the deal and asking for thoughts on whether it is a decent set for use on a train.

WWStereo.com offers a pair of Sennheiser CX 280 Stereo Earphones (Black) for $16.50 when you apply promotional code SD280X at checkout. Shipping is free.

http://www.wwstereo.com/Sennheiser/CX-280

I haven't heard any cx series beside my old cx400 II which was my first "good" IEM, and to be honest the only thing good about it was the accesories, the sound is really dark and the bass is bloated, the construction is ok, they look nice thought. Overall I'll say get a no name IEM that sounds better and cost the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back