The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Dec 8, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #3,168 of 9,235
Capitalism thanks you, sir. Or ma'am. Or whichever the case may be. 
wink.gif

But every time I read a post of yours I rekindle the desire to buy even more headphones/earphones, like I no longer believed I could...

Quote:
Hazy vintage sound tailored for rock music (they excel at vocals, percussion, electric guitar), on a sound quality basis I'd rank them around $60~$100.

Dec 8, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #3,169 of 9,235
On their site, it says "twin 40mm driver". I thought that just meant a 40mm on each side. And the sphere in the middle is common to a lot of dynamic headphones, no?

Quote:
It says it on the box itself and I took off an earpad and looked inside the grill and it looks like a silver coloured speaker cone with a seperated tweeter sphere in the middle.

Dec 8, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #3,171 of 9,235
When I look at the uprock specs they say 40mm driver but the features talk about twin 40mm drivers. So I think this is a case of "sales speak" muddying the waters. From what I can see this is just a typical 40mm driver, if it had two 40mm drivers per side the cup would be much larger or you would see two drivers of the same size stacked on each other but not a little driver and a big driver unless their specs are way off.

Dec 8, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #3,172 of 9,235

Quote:
It says it on the box itself and I took off an earpad and looked inside the grill and it looks like a silver coloured speaker cone with a seperated tweeter sphere in the middle.

I would love a pic of that.  I am curious

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #3,175 of 9,235
Quote:
On their site, it says "twin 40mm driver". I thought that just meant a 40mm on each side. And the sphere in the middle is common to a lot of dynamic headphones, no?

Quote:
Coaxial-type?

Quote:
When I look at the uprock specs they say 40mm driver but the features talk about twin 40mm drivers. So I think this is a case of "sales speak" muddying the waters. From what I can see this is just a typical 40mm driver, if it had two 40mm drivers per side the cup would be much larger or you would see two drivers of the same size stacked on each other but not a little driver and a big driver unless their specs are way off.

Quote:
I would love a pic of that.  I am curious

IDK... anyway here is the picture

Edit: Took another one, click on it.

Dec 8, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #3,176 of 9,235
yeah, that looks like a normal dynamic driver to me. Very similar looking to the one on my HD555

Dec 8, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #3,177 of 9,235
Amazon is all out of the $18 Uprocks, but Best Buy has them on sale for $20.  Might pick up a pair as a Christmas present for my little brother.

Dec 8, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #3,178 of 9,235

All I'm sayin' is they sound really really good for $16.

I didn't look at any specs or drivers when I was tryin' out those 40 cheap headphones.

*for example*, they sounded better than every Dr. Dre and every cheap Sennheiser, I dunno about the silver dual-driver thing, but the center is spherically shaped with a different hue and slightly seperated from the rest, just a theory why they might sound unique. :wink:

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #3,179 of 9,235
well thats what really matters and I dont think anybody has disputed you o that.  I was persoanlly just curious about the design.  If they are still $20 at BB next week I may get a pair for my bag beater pair.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #3,180 of 9,235
Yeah, they are bag beaters for rock music.

Sorry about dereailing the thread a little just wanted to share my experiences with cheap plasticky headphones. I prefer listening to higher-end stuff  but I like anything that sounds uniquely good as well. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back