The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Nov 30, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #211 of 9,235
Oh well, for those looking for a deal on triple-flange isolation like in these, you can always check out the Fischer Audio Tau, I've ordered one and I'm looking forward to hearing it next week. It's only $24 http://www.fischeraudio.com/card.php?id=126

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #213 of 9,235

Quote:
Oh well, for those looking for a deal on triple-flange isolation like in these, you can always check out the Fischer Audio Tau, I've ordered one and I'm looking forward to hearing it next week. It's only $24 http://www.fischeraudio.com/card.php?id=126

It looks like the meelec M6. 
blink.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #215 of 9,235

Quote:
Quote:

It looks like the meelec M6. 
blink.gif

It does, I missed out on the cyber monday meelec M6 deal by two hours or so (timezones), I wanted to find out which one is better, Tau or M6.  For the normal price of each one, I think Tau, because reviewers have said it sounds much better than $24.

Nov 30, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #218 of 9,235

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I got mine for $169 too and they are definitely legit...it seems like adgtron may not be an authorized seller though!

As I understand,  Dakmart is an authorized Sennheiser seller of refurbished items (IE8/7/6 etc), agtron, buy.com sells products from them, so they should be the legit and the real thing when you receive from these sellers as well, but if they are covered by Sennheiser I don't know. I have personally purchased products (IE7) from agtron that was the real deal at a very reasonable price.

adgtron is definitely not an authorized dealer. As a matter of fact, it is listed on Sennheiser NON-authorized list.  See here >>>>   http://www.sennheiserusa.com/nonauthorized
I don't why and what a vendor has done to earn a spot on that list. I got mine from Dakmart via buy.com for $185.00 shipped last week.

Adgtron is an authorized Sennheiser dealer. It is Sennheiser's fault for putting his name on the NON-authorized list. If you call in Sennheiser and ask for Michael Mandas, he will verify that Adgtron is an authorized dealer. Michael Mandas is the southeast sales manager at Sennheiser USA. You can google his name. This means, if you buy a product from Adgtron, Sennheiser will cover for the warranty. I got my IE8's from him and also got replacement cables from the warranty.

Nov 30, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #219 of 9,235

Quote:
Adgtron is an authorized Sennheiser dealer. It is Sennheiser's fault for putting his name on the NON-authorized list. If you call in Sennheiser and ask for Michael Mandas, he will verify that Adgtron is an authorized dealer. Michael Mandas is the southeast sales manager at Sennheiser USA. You can google his name. This means, if you buy a product from Adgtron, Sennheiser will cover for the warranty. I got my IE8's from him and also got replacement cables from the warranty.

I called Sennheiser before purchasing from Dakmart and adgtron is NOT authorized according to the person I spoke on the phone. One would expect adgtron to ask Sennheiser to fix this error as I told adgtron that their name was on that list some three weeks ago? And yet they are still on that list.  Why doesn't Mr. Mandas take the steps to remove adgtron name from that list instead of answering calls from customers to verify adgtron dealer status ? I can't imagine southeast sales manager taking a customer service calls unless he has a personal gain from this. The product adgtron sells may be genuine but authorized, they are not.

Nov 30, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #220 of 9,235

Quote:

Quote:

I called Sennheiser before purchasing from Dakmart and adgtron is NOT authorized according to the person I spoke on the phone. One would expect adgtron to ask Sennheiser to fix this error as I told adgtron that their name was on that list some three weeks ago? And yet they are still on that list.  Why doesn't Mr. Mandas take the steps to remove adgtron name from that list instead of answering calls from customers to verify adgtron dealer status ? I can't imagine southeast sales manager taking a customer service calls unless he has a personal gain from this. The product adgtron sells may be genuine but authorized, they are not.

In addition, jacey has TWO posts.  Not to accuse him of anything, but it a bit shady that someone with two posts would make such an impassioned statement concerning a retailer when it's well known that retailers post on Head-Fi all the time (although generally with full disclosure that they are, in fact, a retailer).  I would stay away from any retailer on a company's non-authorized list, especially when there are plenty other authorized retailers...

Nov 30, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #221 of 9,235
when I shot them an e-mail last month, they told me theirs are purchased from Dakmart. I'm guessing JD (signature from the e-mail) buys discounted bulk from Dakmart and offloads them on Amazon. Based on user experiences here, they are legit 'phones, just not a direct dealer with Sennheiser.

BTW: I vote we start using the wiki function for the second post, to keep deals separated from the social jargon

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #222 of 9,235

Quote:
ES8 cable (like the ES2, but fitted for the TF10 - no filing required!)

2 for 1 promo going on at Jaben's online store

http://jaben.net/shopping/product_info.php?products_id=314

[edit] offer valid only till 5 Dec

This looks like a really good deal to complement my TF10 purchase... can anyone vouch for these guys?  I was considering getting a vi cable to use with my phone, but I'm not sure I really need the mic that bad.

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #223 of 9,235

Quote:
This looks like a really good deal to complement my TF10 purchase... can anyone vouch for these guys?  I was considering getting a vi cable to use with my phone, but I'm not sure I really need the mic that bad.

Jaben is a legitimate retailer with a worldwide reputation.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #225 of 9,235
Please, as per the instructions in the first post, stick to just posting deals and not discussing them. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back