The Fiio X5 Thread
Aug 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #1,007 of 19,652
I think X5 won't have USB On To Go function like DX50 right?

Still 2 µ sd card slots are fine but I have to admit, USB On To Go is something really nice.

I'm not 100% familiar with USB on to go, but doesn't this require the X5 to handle lots of different drivers? I think it also requires a license to implement this. So that might be more expensive?

OT: i love your usage of mu. Today you win the internet.

Aug 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #1,008 of 19,652
Quote:
I'm not 100% familiar with USB on to go, but doesn't this require the X5 to handle lots of different drivers? I think it also requires a license to implement this. So that might be more expensive?

OT: i love your usage of mu. Today you win the internet.

Thank you kind sir
happy_face1.gif

DX50 somehow managed to have that feature. I don't know about license but I know, it will cost a lot of battery life. I mean if it reads through built in storage or "µ" sd card, it will have more battery. External hard drives consume battery a lot apparently.

SSDs are on the other hand don't need a lot of power but they are ridiculously expensive.

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #1,009 of 19,652
Quote:
Thank you kind sir
happy_face1.gif

DX50 somehow managed to have that feature. I don't know about license but I know, it will cost a lot of battery life. I mean if it reads through built in storage or "µ" sd card, it will have more battery. External hard drives consume battery a lot apparently.

SSDs are on the other hand don't need a lot of power but they are ridiculously expensive.

Are you sure about OTG in the DX50? I don't see this info on the iBasso site or in the firs post of the DX50 thread.

Aug 25, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #1,011 of 19,652
Quote:
It's in one of the screenshots.

Oh. You're right, now I see it.
Judging by the screenshot though, the DX50 uses USB OTG to access external storage. Is that what you had in mind, AmberOzL?
Personally I'd be way more impressed if the X5 could use USB to feed 24/192 digital into an external DAC. That would open some additional options that the coaxial S/PDIF doesn't.

Aug 25, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #1,012 of 19,652
Quote:
Oh. You're right, now I see it.
Judging by the screenshot though, the DX50 uses USB OTG to access external storage. Is that what you had in mind, AmberOzL?
Personally I'd be way more impressed if the X5 could use USB to feed 24/192 digital into an external DAC. That would open some additional options that the coaxial S/PDIF doesn't.

Yep, that's what I meant. You can link that thing to SSD or external hard drive and it sees the music files in it, plays them. External hard drives will suck the battery though. So I am not sure if it is a good deal. I think 2 µ sd card slots in X5 can be more useful. Ok you can't stack 500 gb of music but you don't lose battery life and you don't have to carry an extra thing in your pocket/bag.

Aug 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #1,013 of 19,652
Quote:
Yep, that's what I meant. You can link that thing to SSD or external hard drive and it sees the music files in it, plays them. External hard drives will suck the battery though. So I am not sure if it is a good deal. I think 2 µ sd card slots in X5 can be more useful. Ok you can't stack 500 gb of music but you don't lose battery life and you don't have to carry an extra thing in your pocket/bag.

Yeah, I think with two sd cards we shouldn't worry that much. Who knows, maybe one they'll go all the way to 2x2Tb.
Besides, I'm never away from home for long enough to need to have 500Gb of music with me. Maybe if I go all 24/192... 
rolleyes.gif

(Not gonna happen, though. There's a lot of music out there that's only available in 16/41.1. Besides, I doubt I'll hear a difference on the go, even with the most resolving gear.)

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #1,016 of 19,652

Users who are viewing this thread

Back