The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 8, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #15,091 of 19,652
A-ha!  I think I found the problem.  I was playing back via the library mode.  If I play back using the folder browser, everything works just fine.  Looks like some additional work needs to be done on library implementation.
Have you tried resetting or restoring to factory defaults?

The back button works with resume play after restarting my device when using both folder and category/library for me. I would echo Nmatheis and suggest trying a factory reset.

Jan 8, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #15,092 of 19,652
The back button works with resume play after restarting my device when using both folder and category/library for me. I would echo Nmatheis and suggest trying a factory reset.

Tried factory reset and it still doesn't work in library mode, only in folder browser mode.  I'm at a loss at this point.  I hate to send my unit in to get serviced since it would probably be weeks before I got it back.  On the other hand, knowing that I probably have a defective player really irritates me, especially since it was working fine before. 
mad.gif

To reiterate, here's the issue.  If I'm playing by category and shut off my X5, it resumes play exactly like it should when I turn the X5 back on.  If I hit the back button once, it goes to the album directory with all of the songs listed.  If I hit the back button a second time, however, the directory is shown as "Unknown Artist" with an "All Songs" folder listed under it.

Nobody else is having this issue?

Like I said before, everything works fine if I'm using the folder browser.

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #15,093 of 19,652
Hey everyone, i just got my fiio x5 today, well 2 days ago but i wasnt home. so far so gd but im wondering what wall charger to get to speed up charging speed.. I dont want to buy something thatll blow up my x5 so obviously something dodgy isnt something wanted.. well hopefully u guys will reply with what u bought / use.

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #15,094 of 19,652
Hey everyone, i just got my fiio x5 today, well 2 days ago but i wasnt home. so far so gd but im wondering what wall charger to get to speed up charging speed.. I dont want to buy something thatll blow up my x5 so obviously something dodgy isnt something wanted.. well hopefully u guys will reply with what u bought / use.

iPad chargers do the job quickly and are made well enough. I found a GE multi plug wall charger with three mains power sockets and 2 USB power sockets that are rated 2A 5V.

Look for something that's 2A 5V. Using a computer USB or iPhone charger will be quite slow.

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #15,095 of 19,652

Hey. I'm using the following for my fiio x5 & my cayin C5. I fit one for each. Works a treat.

HTH.

Rgds,
Dee.

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #15,096 of 19,652
Tried factory reset and it still doesn't work in library mode, only in folder browser mode.  I'm at a loss at this point.  I hate to send my unit in to get serviced since it would probably be weeks before I got it back.  On the other hand, knowing that I probably have a defective player really irritates me, especially since it was working fine before.  :mad:

To reiterate, here's the issue.  If I'm playing by category and shut off my X5, it resumes play exactly like it should when I turn the X5 back on.  If I hit the back button once, it goes to the album directory with all of the songs listed.  If I hit the back button a second time, however, the directory is shown as "Unknown Artist" with an "All Songs" folder listed under it.

Me too
don't take it too seriously man. Just let it go
; D

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #15,097 of 19,652
  Tried factory reset and it still doesn't work in library mode, only in folder browser mode.  I'm at a loss at this point.  I hate to send my unit in to get serviced since it would probably be weeks before I got it back.  On the other hand, knowing that I probably have a defective player really irritates me, especially since it was working fine before. 
mad.gif

No don't let it go. Tag the FiiO guy and let it be known. We are beta testers with the software in here.
We paid good money and they sell prepare their new stuff (The X7 is getting a lot of interaction from FiiO right now) and yet nothing for you.

I'm getting a bit annoyed at watching folks talk about a new expensive binky with FiiO while my eq question was not even touched and you have not gotten any feedback from a FiiO guy.

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #15,098 of 19,652
mad.gif

I just tested and mine does exactly the same.   I don't think you have a defective player - you just found a firmware bug.  A pretty harmless bug, but a bug all the same.

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #15,099 of 19,652
Originally Posted by bubba-ho-tep /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[...]

The same thing here. Not a big deal to me, but it would be nice if it's fixed on the next firmware.

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #15,100 of 19,652
Tried factory reset and it still doesn't work in library mode, only in folder browser mode.  I'm at a loss at this point.  I hate to send my unit in to get serviced since it would probably be weeks before I got it back.  On the other hand, knowing that I probably have a defective player really irritates me, especially since it was working fine before.  :mad:

I have this issue too, I assumed it was a firmware but that will go away with the next release. I haven't upgraded to the latest firmware version though because to be frank, it doesn't bother me that much. I might upgrade this weekend if I have nothing more constructive to do with my time.

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #15,101 of 19,652
I hear the points about finding bugs in the FW and agree that they should be looked at, however, I think some perspective is required here. The Astel & Kern line and iBasso line have their fair share of FW issues and feedback and their updates are much slower than FiiO's (especially considering the price for the X5 vs hardware quality offered). Also, the problem lies with so many different user variables such as tags etc., so what works perfectly fine in FiiO's testing conditions may not work for all users. As I've stated earlier my posts resume playback works flawlessly from both folder/browser and library/category playback and I'm sure FiiO has tested and found the feature to work in their test conditions as well. Now it's a matter of ironing out the bugs. Bring it to their attention.

For big companies like Apple and Sony they have a lot more resources to implement software and FW to be able to better handle all the variables that can exist. There is also a reason Apple uses iTunes and limits file types........ minimize issues with the playback experience. These smaller DAP makers are offering some great hardware and some rapidly improving software/FW with much smaller resources. For those that want a better user experience at this point it may be better to go with the big boys. For those that want outstanding sound quality that can handle a wide variety of headphones/IEMs they will put up with the growing pains(right now) of the younger/smaller companies. The growth of these smaller companies is quite impressive and the future looks bright for audiophiles because of the sound quality pressure they are putting on the big boys.

That's my perspective at least.

Cheers

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #15,102 of 19,652
I hear the points about finding bugs in the FW and agree that they should be looked at, however, I think some perspective is required here. The Astel & Kern line and iBasso line have their fair share of FW issues and feedback and their updates are much slower than FiiO's (especially considering the price for the X5 vs hardware quality offered). Also, the problem lies with so many different user variables such as tags etc., so what works perfectly fine in FiiO's testing conditions may not work for all users. As I've stated earlier my posts resume playback works flawlessly from both folder/browser and library/category playback and I'm sure FiiO has tested and found the feature to work in their test conditions as well. Now it's a matter of ironing out the bugs. Bring it to their attention.

For big companies like Apple and Sony they have a lot more resources to implement software and FW to be able to better handle all the variables that can exist. There is also a reason Apple uses iTunes and limits file types........ minimize issues with the playback experience. These smaller DAP makers are offering some great hardware and some rapidly improving software/FW with much smaller resources. For those that want a better user experience at this point it may be better to go with the big boys. For those that want outstanding sound quality that can handle a wide variety of headphones/IEMs they will put up with the growing pains(right now) of the younger/smaller companies. The growth of these smaller companies is quite impressive and the future looks bright for audiophiles because of the sound quality pressure they are putting on the big boys.

That's my perspective at least.

Cheers

Agreed.

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #15,103 of 19,652

Nice...
Full quote and a 1 word response.
Please use the rep box for that.
Head fi no longer supports the idea of "Appreciation" threads.
They prefer "Discussion threads" That's from the folks on high.

I want anyone who reads that big quote 2 posts above to maybe kinda ignore it as it is an opinion and not official...like my words also un official...and continue to submit each and every bug report or complaint. It is the point of this thread.

For those that want a better user experience at this point it may be better to go with the big boys.

I paid 4 times what i would for an apple device and have/had issues with simple endeavors.
Firmware upgrades are a symptom of incomplete ideas or poor implementation of ideas.
The 90 degree rotate was done by re-themers and FiiO's own poll showed it to be popular....yet at 2.4 i gotta wait for a re-themer to update their mod
confused.gif

I have sold by rec more e12 devices than anyone on this site period. 100's. It's a solid item. I'm happy to rec it. I like the FiiO brand.
The X5 needs work. I am not moving on. I expect better. Company dealing with the public...deal with em.

Again.

Anyone with ANY issues report them and put it on FiiO to do or not do what should be their job. That will reflect on them either way.  The X7 is in development...The X5 is on my desk and paid for and it has issues like others. Deal with it FiiO.
This thread is for just that.

I respect you opinion Relic but I have a different one. I don't do a 1 star review or bash the item or troll. I just want it to be better. That's not unreasonable.

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #15,104 of 19,652
 Nice...
Full quote and a 1 word response.
Please use the rep box for that.
Head fi no longer supports the idea of "Appreciation" threads.
They prefer "Discussion threads" That's from the folks on high.

I want anyone who reads that big quote 2 posts above to maybe kinda ignore it as it is an opinion and not official...like my words...and continue to submit each and every bug report or complaint. It is the point of this thread.

I paid 4 times what i would for an apple device and have issues with simple endeavors.
Firmware upgrades are a symptom of incomplete ideas or poor implementation of ideas.
The 90 degree rotate was done by re-themers and FiiO's own poll showed it to be popular....yet at 2.4 i gotta wait for a re-themer to update their mod:confused:
I have sold by rec more e12 devices than anyone on this site period. 100's. It's a solid item. I'm happy to rec it.
The X5 needs work. I am not moving on. I expect better. Company dealing with the public...deal with em.

Again.

Anyone with ANY issues report them and put it on FiiO to do or not do what should be their job. That will reflect on them either way.  The X7 is in development...The X5 is on my desk and paid for and it has issues like others. Deal with it FiiO.
This thread is for just that.

I respect you opinion Relic but I have a different one. I don't do a 1 star review or bash the item or troll. I just want it to be better. That's not unreasonable.

Did you not read my ENTIRE post. FiiO is one of the best for interacting with their customers in this high end DAP game. Like you, I also said to report issues. No disagreement there. I'm just suggesting don't get so bent out of shape over it. The Sony A10 was reported to have problems playing MP3 gapless when it was released. Apple has had plenty of issues with iDevices. Usually the fix from them is to release a new model and make you purchase them again and again. FiiO has stuck in it to make the best device they can and I respect them for putting in all the time(money) to continuously improve the experience, instead of just abandoning its customers.

I've been using FiiO amps for a long time and DAPs since they made the first X3 and have reported many many issues and wishes. The multiple custom EQ on the X5 was one. That took around 9 months to get around to. Patience has been a good thing when there were more important fixes on the table. Now that FiiO has somewhat hit in all the major issues with the X5 they will need to be filtering them to their other DAPs, like the 5800 song limit. At the same time they are developing new hardware as you know and releasing upgraded versions of their current hardware. They may be overextending themselves a bit, but they certainly haven't abandoned their customers, which is rare.

All I'm trying to say is please have some perspective while reporting these issues and keep it calm.

Edit: And the point of this thread is not for bug reports only. It's for users to find solutions that may not be documented or with limited experience with these devices. It's also a place to get together and share ideas and discussions, not the least of which is to improve the product (yes I realize bug reporting is part of that). .

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #15,105 of 19,652
Did you not read my ENTIRE post. FiiO is one of the best for interacting with their customers in this high end DAP game. Like you, I also said to report issues. No disagreement there. I'm just suggesting don't get so bent out of shape over it. The Sony A10 was reported to have problems playing MP3 gapless when it was released. Apple has had plenty of issues with iDevices. Usually the fix from them is to release a new model and make you purchase them again and again. FiiO has stuck in it to make the best device they can and I respect them for putting in all the time(money) to continuously improve the experience, instead of just abandoning its customers.

I've been using FiiO amps for a long time and DAPs since they made the first X3 and have reported many many issues and wishes. The multiple custom EQ on the X5 was one. That took around 9 months to get around to. Patience has been a good thing when there were more important fixes on the table. Now that FiiO has somewhat hit in all the major issues with the X5 they will need to be filtering them to their other DAPs, like the 5800 song limit. At the same time they are developing new hardware as you know and releasing upgraded versions of their current hardware. They may be overextending themselves a bit, but they certainly haven't abandoned their customers, which is rare.

All I'm trying to say is please have some perspective while reporting these issues and keep it calm.

I like you bro.
My brother from another mother.

I love my X5

I want to get every drop of awesomeness out of it I can. I just read about a flask shaped player at CES for 450bucks with no memory expansion and so so specs.
I feel quite pleased being an owner of a heavy duty item that could be a self defense weapon  or hi-fi audio player or both
wink.gif

My communication style is a bit abrasive but I mean nothing toward you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back