The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 7, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #15,063 of 19,652
Suck you in like a black hole. There's no escape :)

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #15,064 of 19,652
Jan 8, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #15,065 of 19,652
Hi!  I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I couldn't figure out how to create a new thread.  I just got my X5 today and I am now in the market for headphones that have an inline remote that's compatible with the X5.  I know that the X1 has that capability.  PLEASE tell me that the X5 does too!  :-/

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #15,067 of 19,652
  I don't want to get into a giant argument,  but it is quite possible that if the switching device is not completely transparent, and most are not, no slight to FiiO, then in actuality the majority of what you are hearing is the sound signature of the switching device and thus naturally there will be little to no difference between test components hooked up to it.

Hi!

As promised, I made the test. The Fiio HS2 is very transparent, there is a whole thread about this little device and I am sure @JamesFiio can pitch in, but I think it's VERY transparent, not even the slightest change in sound signature with or without the HS2 Headphone Switcher. The cables are very short and high quality. Please find photos of the internals here:

Front:

Back:

It's great little device. 

Cheers,
K

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #15,068 of 19,652

Hi!

As promised, I made the test. The Fiio HS2 is very transparent, there is a whole thread about this little device and I am sure @JamesFiio can pitch in, but I think it's VERY transparent, not even the slightest change in sound signature with or without the HS2 Headphone Switcher. The cables are very short and high quality. Please find photos of the internals here:

Front:

Back:

It's great little device. 

Cheers,
K

I was gutted when I found out they (Fiio) discontinued it.  I didn't even know the unit existed until it was no longer sold.  Pity - as it would have been fantastic for review comparisons.

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #15,069 of 19,652
Hi!  I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I couldn't figure out how to create a new thread.  I just got my X5 today and I am now in the market for headphones that have an inline remote that's compatible with the X5.  I know that the X1 has that capability.  PLEASE tell me that the X5 does too!  :-/

With the hardware buttons and 3 different lock screen options the X5 makes an in-line remote kind of redundant I think.

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #15,070 of 19,652
With the hardware buttons and 3 different lock screen options the X5 makes an in-line remote kind of redundant I think.

Not if you are on a bike/bicycle and you use functional clothes with player pockets and cable wholes. Or you live in colder countries where your electronics need to be inside the jacket and pulling it out is not so easy. Or the player is in your backpack or other bag with headphone cable holes....

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #15,071 of 19,652
Not if you are on a bike/bicycle and you use functional clothes with player pockets and cable wholes. Or you life in color countries where your electronics need to be inside the jacket and pulling it out is not so easy. Or the player is in your backpack or other bag with headphone cable holes....

Ok, alright then. :wink:

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #15,073 of 19,652

Interesting. What countries are they?

yeah yeah, make fun of me and my autocorrect. Colder countries I meant 
blink.gif
  = or maybe just noot black and white countries, the color countries.

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #15,075 of 19,652

Users who are viewing this thread

Back