The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 8, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #15,076 of 19,652
Jan 8, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #15,077 of 19,652
  Yep...I was also considering that recently and would like to know that as well...hope somebody on HF can tell!
Btw, normally I order them (Sandisk) over here: https://www.dataio.nl/product-categorie/micro-sd/microsd-128gb/

That's exactly where I found them! I'll check their returnpolicy, maybe I can try one if they are taking it back if it doesn't work with the X5. I would be better if a HF'er had tried it already though.

There are several people here using them successfully.
All you need to do is =661411&advanced=1]search.

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #15,078 of 19,652
  There are several people here using them successfully.
All you need to do is =661411&advanced=1]search.

OK, thanks!

Still using 2x64gb in my X5 (and 1x128gb in my DX90).
About 5gb free space left, so in a couple of weeks/months I will order one for the X5.
Btw, prices go down pretty quickly with items like this...

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #15,079 of 19,652
The resume feature is a bit buggy in the new FW2.4.  When I restart my X5, it resumes like it should but when I use the upper left button to navigate up the folder chain, I get "Unknown Artist" and "all songs" instead of the actual artist name with the album folders listed under it.

Does this make sense?

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #15,080 of 19,652
The resume feature is a bit buggy in the new FW2.4.  When I restart my X5, it resumes like it should but when I use the upper left button to navigate up the folder chain, I get "Unknown Artist" and "all songs" instead of the actual artist name with the album folders listed under it.

Does this make sense?

Try using the upper right button instead. Right is the back button, the upper left is the shortcut button.

Upper right button works every time for me.

Edit: Works for me in folder view. I stopped using category view since 2.36 beta........... Just tested categories and upper right works fine there as well in case users want to know.

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #15,082 of 19,652
That's strange :blink:

It works for me so I'm not sure what else to add. Maybe you need play through folders 'on' or something. Just guessing now.

Edit: Is your resume mode on last song or last position? Mine's on last song.

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #15,083 of 19,652
That's strange
blink.gif

It works for me so I'm not sure what else to add. Maybe you need play through folders 'on' or something. Just guessing now.

Edit: Is your resume mode on last song or last position? Mine's on last song.

I tried turning on "Play Through Folders" and got the same problem.  I tried resuming on both "last song" and "last position" and got the same problem.  I may have to revert to 2.36beta since I didn't run into this issue with that firmware.  :frowning2:

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #15,086 of 19,652
A-ha!  I think I found the problem.  I was playing back via the library mode.  If I play back using the folder browser, everything works just fine.  Looks like some additional work needs to be done on library implementation.

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #15,087 of 19,652
Dataio is where i got my 2 64GB sandisk cards for €20 lower than they were everywhere else.

Personally i don't have trouble using the X5 on my bike in this cold, after a while you know where the buttons are, and how to operate them.

And i have to say, i have never found nice inline remotes.

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #15,088 of 19,652
Dataio is where I have bought all my Samsung and Sandisk cards (only 64gb, haven't tried 128gb yet). Dataio is excellent even when cards being sent by regular mail, excellent packaging, never had any problems with them.

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #15,089 of 19,652
A-ha!  I think I found the problem.  I was playing back via the library mode.  If I play back using the folder browser, everything works just fine.  Looks like some additional work needs to be done on library implementation.

Have you tried resetting or restoring to factory defaults?

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #15,090 of 19,652
  Hi!  I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I couldn't figure out how to create a new thread.  I just got my X5 today and I am now in the market for headphones that have an inline remote that's compatible with the X5.  I know that the X1 has that capability.  PLEASE tell me that the X5 does too!  :-/

It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but what about the volume control for the Shure 846s?  ... Unless you need a iem with a controler like the I devices use.  Then, I can't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back