The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 9, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #15,106 of 19,652
No offence taken. We're basically saying the same thing in a different way.

:beerchug:

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #15,108 of 19,652
  The resume feature is a bit buggy in the new FW2.4.  When I restart my X5, it resumes like it should but when I use the upper left button to navigate up the folder chain, I get "Unknown Artist" and "all songs" instead of the actual artist name with the album folders listed under it.

Does this make sense?

Yep - happens here too. First right button click is normal, second one goes to the "unknown" entry.

Happens in category mode (ie tags), but is normal (ok) in folder mode, or in playlists.

Definitely a bug.

Jan 9, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #15,109 of 19,652
What am I doing differently that it works without an issue for me? Turn on player, resume playback from categories, multiple back clicks to main menu through the library structure.

Ok............ Tested album category and artist category. The album category works fine for me, no issues.

The artist category goes back once to the proper folder and then one more click and I get the 'unknown artist' and 'all songs' list instead of the artist that was playing, but pressing the back button once again gets me to the full list of artists, and works fine from there. So album category is fine, artist category is buggy. Any ideas Joe Bloggs?

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #15,110 of 19,652
Just so I'm clear, I do believe that the latest bug is extremely minor and doesn't really effect the overall playback capabilities of the X5.  I only became concerned when others reported that they were not experiencing the same issue with the back button.  I really should have been more specific about the problem in my original post.

I'm confident that the folks at Fiio will address the issue with the next firmware update.

Jan 9, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #15,111 of 19,652
For the first time since i bought the x5 i can truly say that i love it. I modified the dance EQ slightly. I took the advice of putting the last 2 channels to +6. That made all the difference. I also turned everything else up about 2 notches except for the first two channels because as it was discussed earlier the x5 is pretty harsh on the highs.

I wish fiio would give us the ability to export and import EQ settings. We could share amongst us in the community and even build a database of what setting work best for genres and headphone pairings.

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #15,112 of 19,652
I found another bug related to playing by Artist.  If you click on an artist for whom you have more album folders than will fill up the X5 screen at one time, the album at the bottom of the screen has a folder icon associated with it.  If you click on that, you will go to all songs by that artist instead of the album you thought you were selecting.

What you have to do in that case is to scroll down past the album that you want to listen to so that it's not at the bottom of the screen.  Then you can scroll back up to it and everything works fine.

Hope this makes sense....

Jan 9, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #15,113 of 19,652
I want an arm band for my X5. I am going to DIY it. Any ideas on the best approach? I was thinking maybe buying an armband for a similar size smart phone and cutting the controls out. 

Thought?

Maybe this 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dfXU_1eni8

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #15,114 of 19,652
 Nice...
Full quote and a 1 word response.
Please use the rep box for that.
Head fi no longer supports the idea of "Appreciation" threads.
They prefer "Discussion threads" That's from the folks on high.

I want anyone who reads that big quote 2 posts above to maybe kinda ignore it as it is an opinion and not official...like my words also un official...and continue to submit each and every bug report or complaint. It is the point of this thread.

If Head Fi prefers "Discussion Threads", then please provide proof.

If you don't, then it is just an opinion and not official.

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #15,115 of 19,652
I found another bug related to playing by Artist.  If you click on an artist for whom you have more album folders than will fill up the X5 screen at one time, the album at the bottom of the screen has a folder icon associated with it.  If you click on that, you will go to all songs by that artist instead of the album you thought you were selecting.

What you have to do in that case is to scroll down past the album that you want to listen to so that it's not at the bottom of the screen.  Then you can scroll back up to it and everything works fine.

Hope this makes sense....

Looks like some lines got crossed with the Artist Category. I sense FW2.4.1 coming on.

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #15,116 of 19,652
X5's pretty good. I mean, it makes my laptop soundcard sound hollow. A few weeks ago I thought the soundcard sounded good. I run my Heir 3ai and Audiofly AF180 off the X5, it's my go to for everything. Best Xmas present I've got.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #15,117 of 19,652
If Head Fi prefers "Discussion Threads", then please provide proof.

If you don't, then it is just an opinion and not official.

Do you really want me to @ mark a former mod who is is now an admin to ask if a PM can be posted stating Head-Fi no longer supports the idea of appreciation threads and instead prefers discussion threads.

Please PM Curry and waste his time and ask if this was not the stated preference of the site going forward.

Go ahead.

Common sense would dictate the clear benefits to non members (a massive search engine driven group of potential buyers)  looking for discussions of all things good and bad and not a group of happy owners with nothing but positive opinions which appreciation might imply. Made sense to me right away.

Think about it.

Then go ahead and ask him.

Jan 10, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #15,118 of 19,652
  I want an arm band for my X5. I am going to DIY it. Any ideas on the best approach? I was thinking maybe buying an armband for a similar size smart phone and cutting the controls out. 

Thought?

I bought these for my X5 a few months ago and it works great, especially when I am traveling:

http://www.amazon.com/NXE-ActiveSLEEVE-Armband-Smartphone-players/dp/B0042L1TOE

I got mine at Radio Shack for $25. You get 2 of them in a pack, so it's actually not a bad deal. My be a good alternative to DIY.

With the new lockscreen on the latest firmware I have the skip forward and skip backward buttons turned off, leaving only play/pause and volume active. I can press the controls through the material without having to worry about pressure skipping tracks on me. I only remove it when changing folders for playback.

Have fun.

Jan 10, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #15,120 of 19,652
 Do you really want me to @ mark a former mod who is is now an admin to ask if a PM can be posted stating Head-Fi no longer supports the idea of appreciation threads and instead prefers discussion threads.

Please PM Curry and waste his time and ask if this was not the stated preference of the site going forward.

Go ahead.

Common sense would dictate the clear benefits to non members (a massive search engine driven group of potential buyers)  looking for discussions of all things good and bad and not a group of happy owners with nothing but positive opinions which appreciation might imply. Made sense to me right away.

Think about it.

Then go ahead and ask him.

Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back