The Fiio X5 Thread
Jul 10, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #10,877 of 19,652
The bug that it starts 0:02 of the first song it played since it has been powered on (or the first song to play after a plug was inserted on HO) (this bug is not present when using LO) is kinda getting on my nerves. Can someone confirm if it still exists in FW 2.02b? Thanks!

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #10,878 of 19,652
from where can I buy a very short coaxial cable to connect to my chord hugo, I cant find one at all on the net.

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #10,879 of 19,652
  The bug that it starts 0:02 of the first song it played since it has been powered on (or the first song to play after a plug was inserted on HO) (this bug is not present when using LO) is kinda getting on my nerves. Can someone confirm if it still exists in FW 2.02b? Thanks!

I haven't personally tested, but another user clearly stated in one of the FW threads today that it has been fixed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #10,880 of 19,652
Thanks! I can confirm this also. (updated to 2.07b dunno where it is fixed along the way). Very nice! :)

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #10,883 of 19,652
At the risk of embarrassing myself can I ask a couple of potentially dumb questions please?

When connecting the X5 to an amp - what type of cable do you use for the line out and where does it connect to?

I'm guessing - a phono to phono connecting into an aux socket (or similar)
And the coax cable? I'm assuming a coax cable into the coax socket on the back of the amp - a connection normally used for surround sound connection between dvds etc.

Is that right?

Again please forgive me for being a thicky just wanted to make sure I did the right thing before attempting it.

Thanks

B

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #10,885 of 19,652
  I'm guessing - a phono to phono connecting into an aux socket (or similar)
And the coax cable? I'm assuming a coax cable into the coax socket on the back of the amp - a connection normally used for surround sound connection between dvds etc.

To amp: yes, a 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnecting cable is fine.

To DAC: You need a normal coax cable and the coax adapter. Coax connection is for sending S/PDIF signal, which mean it is a digital signal and therefore wherever device that has a coax input must have some kind of DAC built-in. So it is not just an amp but an amp/DAC.

My advise is, unless the receiver (*amp) you are using has a better DAC section than X5, which is unlikely, you should just use the 3.5mm cable instead.

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #10,887 of 19,652
I wanted to know whether it is worth it to get a proper source/DAP like the FiiO X3/X5 when the best set of IEMs I'll be using with them (for now) are Vsonic VSD3S? My current source is just my Sony Xperia SP handset. Budget is an issue because of which I'm a bit weary. But as I'v come to realise over the years, this IS an expensive hobby to maintain :-/

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #10,888 of 19,652
  I wanted to know whether it is worth it to get a proper source/DAP like the FiiO X3/X5 when the best set of IEMs I'll be using with them (for now) are Vsonic VSD3S? My current source is just my Sony Xperia SP handset. Budget is an issue because of which I'm a bit weary. But as I'v come to realise over the years, this IS an expensive hobby to maintain :-/

I think you have to ask yourself if you're happy with the sound from your Xperia and/or if you can use it to listen to hi-res audio like 96/24 FLAC or DSD. If your Xperia can't play the hi-res audio formats and you are buying them, then a X3 or X5 is a great choice. If you watch, you can get the X3 for as little as $150. I haven't been paying that much attention to the X5, other than reading this thread. I'm patiently waiting for the X7 myself, but in the meantime my X3 does a very good job allowing me to enjoy hi-res audio on the go.

Dale

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #10,890 of 19,652
I have a problem with the tf card slots....

My TF1 slot keeps pushing out my sd card and I cant think of a simple way to get the card to stay in place. Any ideas?

You're supposed to push it far enough to hear it click.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back