The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 17, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #7,201 of 19,652
Yeah that's what I meant; "Foobar2000 (Windows) can scan for replaygain values and (once they're in the tags) Foobar2000 can also apply them permanently to the audio data."

I wasn't too clear in the first instance, reading it back.

(as an aside, I do actually remember applying gain to waveforms manually, one by one, in days gone by, 2001-style. Memories. It worked...)

Apr 17, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #7,202 of 19,652
For those who would like to see larger and/or adjustable font sizes, please make sure you vote here:

https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=84

You can cast up to 3 votes for each reported "bug."  Fiio uses the number of votes cast in part to prioritize fixes.

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #7,208 of 19,652

Well that dude pretty much was looking for a way to make the wheel fall off. I don't think that's a normal usuage scenerio. Haha.

beerchug.gif

Yeah that's what I meant; "Foobar2000 (Windows) can scan for replaygain values and (once they're in the tags) Foobar2000 can also apply them permanently to the audio data."

I wasn't too clear in the first instance, reading it back.

(as an aside, I do actually remember applying gain to waveforms manually, one by one, in days gone by, 2001-style. Memories. It worked...)

Whoa, how did you do that? :O

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #7,210 of 19,652
  This is great news!!!

Joe Bloggs changed bug 79 
WhatRemovedAdded
Status​
CONFIRMEDIN_PROGRESS

Comment # 2 on bug 79 from Joe Bloggs
Code:
 I've talked to the engineers and they confirmed that it will be possible to move the database file to TF card(s) inserted in the player.

This is great! Its nothing I am too freaked out about, but I always see it referenced when people compare the X5 to other players. LMAO...they make it sound like they have discovered Angelina Jolie has a secret clubfoot...a little dramatic, but its good its being fixed nonetheless.

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #7,211 of 19,652
  I think he is asking if the power will drain faster than it will charge (i.e. stay charged playing indefinitely) - or at least that is something I am wondering :p

If that's the case, then no, the player will charge a little faster than draining its power (at least in FW 1.00). Current FW (The X5 is not with me anymore) should be the case too but I do recall the reverse (drain faster than charge) happening in 1.10 and 1.15beta.

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #7,212 of 19,652
The limitation is on the media library database (for which right now a database file has to be stored on the X5's small internal memory). There's never been any limitation on folder browsing and the limitation on the database should be lifted in a later firmware update as I have confirmed with engineers that it should be possible to move the database file to mSD card(s) inserted in the X5.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks Joe...
I was waiting for that one... Now getting an X5 will definitely be a "GO!!"

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #7,213 of 19,652

If that's the case, then no, the player will charge a little faster than draining its power (at least in FW 1.00). Current FW (The X5 is not with me anymore) should be the case too but I do recall the reverse (drain faster than charge) happening in 1.10 and 1.15beta.

Interesting thanks for the info. If this is something that actually did change in a firmware update I have no worries then.. I'm sure FiiO will fix it so it will charge at least AS fast as it drains (equilibrium) which I would be fine with (although charging faster than draining would be a little nicer of course!)

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #7,214 of 19,652

Yes, but it charges really slowly compared to charging from the wall socket; hope this will be improved upon with future FW updates

Thanks it's a good news for me 
etysmile.gif

I have one last question is cover.jpg files supported or planned to be supported in a future firmware release ?

All my library have one jpg file in the album directory ... for me is just an inconvenience if not, many good things with this DAP, thanks in advance.

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #7,215 of 19,652
  Interesting thanks for the info. If this is something that actually did change in a firmware update I have no worries then.. I'm sure FiiO will fix it so it will charge at least AS fast as it drains (equilibrium) which I would be fine with (although charging faster than draining would be a little nicer of course!)

It is charging faster than draining currently (and therefore you will get a fully charged X5 after you wake up or something) and in 1.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back