The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #7,216 of 19,652

Thanks it's a good news for me 
etysmile.gif

I have one last question is cover.jpg files supported or planned to be supported in a future firmware release ?

All my library have one jpg file in the album directory ... for me is just an inconvenience if not, many good things with this DAP, thanks in advance.

Currently, no but James said that this will be fixed soon. I am still hoping that the album art won't be cut off at the bottom though.

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #7,219 of 19,652
Does anyone else have their SD cards eject/unmount from the computer at random times? I have my X5 plugged into my computer (mac) and every once in a while it will tell me a drive was ejected improperly. This last time it happened to card #1, and still showed card #2.. then they both went.

Other things I've noticed was that after deleting music and copying over the same size music (like say I remove 500mb, then try to add 500mb, it will say it's full. Even with way less - sometimes it says it to ANYTHING, just 1 song), it will say the card is full (yes it was truly deleted) - if I unmount and remount the X5 it will work fine again.

Not sure if this is a mac problem only - has anyone else experienced this?

I'll be honest, though, I have had this happen to another drive in the past with this mac. Not sure if it's because too much stuff is plugged into the USB ports or if it is something with the X5.

Either way - anyone have any insight or suggestions? Kind of annoying when I'm trying to pick what music I want on my card and am organizing everything and all of a sudden it ejects itself improperly!

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #7,220 of 19,652
  Does anyone else have their SD cards eject/unmount from the computer at random times? I have my X5 plugged into my computer (mac) and every once in a while it will tell me a drive was ejected improperly. This last time it happened to card #1, and still showed card #2.. then they both went.

Other things I've noticed was that after deleting music and copying over the same size music (like say I remove 500mb, then try to add 500mb, it will say it's full. Even with way less - sometimes it says it to ANYTHING, just 1 song), it will say the card is full (yes it was truly deleted) - if I unmount and remount the X5 it will work fine again.

I'll be honest, though, I have had this happen to another drive in the past with this mac. Not sure if it's because too much stuff is plugged into the USB ports or if it is something with the X5.

Either way - anyone have any insight or suggestions? Kind of annoying when I'm trying to pick what music I want on my card and am organizing everything and all of a sudden it ejects itself improperly!

If you're using a Mac, it's probably storing the deleted files in the trash directory until you "Eject For Windows" (or "Empty Trash"). Or is that what you meant by "truly deleted"?

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #7,223 of 19,652
  That is what I meant by truly deleted

Maybe it's just slow, then? FWIW, I had the random ejection problem with the X3 (I don't have an X5...yet) and it turned out that the silicone case was interfering (mechanically) with the USB connection just enough to make it unreliable. I have a couple of micro USB leads where the metal connector sticks out farther than the others and they worked fine with the case on. Otherwise, I had to remove the case.

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #7,224 of 19,652
  Maybe it's just slow, then? FWIW, I had the random ejection problem with the X3 (I don't have an X5...yet) and it turned out that the silicone case was interfering (mechanically) with the USB connection just enough to make it unreliable. I have a couple of micro USB leads where the metal connector sticks out farther than the others and they worked fine with the case on. Otherwise, I had to remove the case.

Interesting! You could be right, and maybe I jostled the wire or something. I will try it out with no silicone case on it today and see if I get the same issues - thanks for the suggestion!

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #7,225 of 19,652

Not happening on my PC (Windows Vista...I know. I think I am the last person on Earth using Vista...).

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #7,226 of 19,652
I just thought of something you could try to see if it is just being slow when deleting the files. I think I've seen you mention that you've used the terminal on your mac before. If so, then try opening it up and typing "sync". That should flush out any file writes.

"
SYNC(8)                   BSD System Manager's Manual                  SYNC(8)
NAME
     sync -- force completion of pending disk writes (flush cache)
"

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #7,227 of 19,652
  @darkan Thanks again for this good news, I think this will be my next DAP, I'm watching for is availability at MP4Nation before pushing the order button 
wink.gif

No prob, have fun with it when it comes! :)

Just opening the wavs up in an editor and making every song in an album louder (if there was headroom! I wasn't an animal) or quieter by the same amount, as I felt was required for that album. Bit of a comedy amateur solution to a problem that's now solved by replaygain!

Wow, much dedication! Way before I found out about MP3Gain and then ReplayGain (that was in 2005), I can't be bothered (and don't know how) to do these 

PS: Audacity has a normalisation feature too

I use a PC, not had any such ejects in many hours of use and many hours of file transfers.

Same here when I was doing the review.

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #7,228 of 19,652

Maybe this was the issue for your X3, but mine (with case on) randomly ejects either internal or mSD on my Mac running Mavericks but has never once done this on my work laptop running Wondows 7.

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #7,229 of 19,652

Mac user running Mavericks here. I found with my X3 that if my mSD card was nearly full to begin with, the sequence needed to be: delete files, empty trash, copy new files. If I have lots of room on the mSD card, then I have no problems - except the random eject issue mentioned in my previous post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back