The discovery thread!
Nov 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #16,546 of 100,073
Thanks, the VSD1 LE's sound really great, they're just not my sound signature. Actually, I was worried that my impressions wouldn't come out with that sentiment, but if you approve of them than I guess I got my point across.

Actually, the last little thing--with the gratitudes--was to troll you a little bit. To be fair it's not really a fair competition because the Monster's are only priced as low as they are because of them being discontinued. They have a MSRP $200< while the Vsonics have a sub-$100 MSRP; correct me if I'm wrong. A better comparison would be to the GR07 Bass Edition. Which I would say that you can take everything that they do and amplify it by about x2.5 and you'll have the Monster's. The GR07 BE are so much better looking though and they fit more naturally in the ear. For all the love I give the gratitude's, I would say that the shape is the biggest let down. They're not that heavy but with the way they're shaped they actually feel heavier than they are.

^ But .... but what if i say i like my VSD1 LEs more than my gr07 BEs??? DUN DUN DUN. G.G
wink.gif

Guess it's suffice to say this:
... there is no best meng. So whatever floats your boat, that's great!!!

Oh and i try not to buy into the MSRP hoopla, you're talking about Monsters here, BEATS!!! Anyone??? LMAO

The thing can cost a penny for all i care, if they sound amazing they sound amazing. If they sound like turd and cost $1000, they still sound like a piece of turd. I try to not judge my gears based on price alone, it's the qualities/ characteristics of the said gear that counts meng. Dat inner beauty analogy.
cool.gif

edit: oh forgot to say that your impressions are just as valid as mine cuz we all hear differently due to our personal biases, differing taste in music, sound signatures, etc, etc. Kova and i certainly don't see eye to eye regarding these VSD1 LEs but there are common grounds in which we both undoubtedly think are the true trademarks of these LEs and you certainly have pointed out some of them. So good job there.
beerchug.gif

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #16,547 of 100,073
Hey Dsnuts, after getting 5 of your previous recommendations(which were the AD900x, CKN70, FXZ200, S500, WS99) I'm buying into the hype machine yet again with the CKS77x based on your awesomely enthusiastic impressions...now as I await their arrival I'm already asking myself again about the CKS1000s. I read your comparison of the two where you said it was a "stupid highly refined version" of the 77x and had similar bass quality, less midbass and increased resolution with overall better control of everything. I don't really know if I would like to sacrifice bass quantity for more refinement(sort of what happened with my Pro900->Signature DJ upgrade), however if they are very close but better in every other way then suddenly my level of want goes >9000 
ksc75smile.gif

So what I was wondering is if low end characteristics are close on both and if you think less midbass affects the fun/musicality of the sound? Does it make the mids less forward? Looking at the spec sheet the 1000s' FR is 1K higher so I was thinking the highs might be a little more extended/clear as well. I listen to a lot of EDM so I'm hoping one or the other will end my search for an IEM with the ideal "bassophile" sound(at least for a while- you know how it is around here!). Btw are there still qualities you like about the 77x even when you own the 1000s as well? 

I don't know why I'm even trying to kid myself- even if the bass is slightly less I'll probably still end up getting them just out of curiosity...this place is cruel to my wallet, lol.

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #16,548 of 100,073
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Earmax-ER-580-Noise-isolating-Inner-Ear-HiFi-Stereo-Earphones-/380746409033?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item58a6412449&_uhb=1
Hmm, these look exactly the same as the UE600... For ~$30 shipped if they sound the same... that must be the bargain of the year?

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #16,549 of 100,073
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Earmax-ER-580-Noise-isolating-Inner-Ear-HiFi-Stereo-Earphones-/380746409033?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item58a6412449&_uhb=1

Hmm, these look exactly the same as the UE600... For ~$30 shipped if they sound the same... that must be the bargain of the year?

Yeah, I saw those myself. Didn't take the chance since I already own the ue600 so I got the Moxpad x3 instead. I would not be surprise if the Earmax and the ue600 are the same though. If so they're a bargain.

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #16,550 of 100,073
^ those are awesome looking, even with bigbarg's soft calming purchase inducing blue camera filter... Thought it was ceramic at first and had a mini adrenaline rush.
Zero reviews anywhere unfortunately. There's always got to be a first though.

Hey BB has the MOE-SS01 Twin-Driver, or did he have it  for a while now?? Have to check those impressions again something else that is funky looking.

Nope so Bigbargains just got them in. Let the fun begin. Only one on th'bay.

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #16,554 of 100,073
Found that I had taken the RHA with me, quick comparison (running about, show to see), Monsters better, RHA has slightly better treble, soundstage, midrange, detail, stage silence, bass all Gratitudes, like the fit better, but that's my thing, listen in more detail later...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #16,555 of 100,073
Yeah, I saw those myself. Didn't take the chance since I already own the ue600 so I got the Moxpad x3 instead. I would not be surprise if the Earmax and the ue600 are the same though. If so they're a bargain.

I just got the Earmax and I'm burning them in now. Does the UE600 sound a little bright out of the box, yet have somewhat deep bass extension (for a single BA), no mid bass bloat, and forward mids? If so, they might be close. (Just read Joker's review, sounds very similar to what I'm hearing).

I didn't even realize these were UE600 type or BA when I got them. Awesome. Definitely worth $30, that's for sure.

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #16,556 of 100,073
Nov 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #16,557 of 100,073
  ^ those are awesome looking, even with bigbarg's soft calming purchase inducing blue camera filter... Thought it was ceramic at first and had a mini adrenaline rush.
Zero reviews anywhere unfortunately. There's always got to be a first though.

Hey BB has the MOE-SS01 Twin-Driver, or did he have it  for a while now?? Have to check those impressions again something else that is funky looking.

Nope so Bigbargains just got them in. Let the fun begin. Only one on th'bay.

I want to see a CKX9 vs. SS01 shootout. One is compared to the FXT90 and is being sent to an owner of the JVC's for comparison. The CKX9 is now owned by a FXT90 owner if you check the thread. No direct comparison yet(maybe if we ask) other than an early general impression of "more fun" and "seemingly higher level".

The MOE is $65 shipped and the AT is $80 shipped but the AT is better looking, comes with more tips(including Comply's), has a much better zip case, has a two year warranty, and comes sooner since it is not coming from China.The MOE is getting the hype but the AT may just be as good or a bit better. Dual driver gets people excited but I don't automatically go for that as making it better. I think these two newbies need to duke it out.
popcorn.gif

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #16,558 of 100,073
I once bought Cks77 from aliexpress for $21. They were the same as $80 ones. I think that they were factory rejects(like ones on ebay for $40-50). They also sell CKS99 for $30.

Nov 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #16,559 of 100,073
Nov 10, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #16,560 of 100,073

I want to see a CKX9 vs. SS01 shootout. One is compared to the FXT90 and is being sent to an owner of the JVC's for comparison. The CKX9 is now owned by a FXT90 owner if you check the thread. No direct comparison yet(maybe if we ask) other than an early general impression of "more fun" and "seemingly higher level".

The MOE is $65 shipped and the AT is $80 shipped but the AT is better looking, comes with more tips(including Comply's), has a much better zip case, has a two year warranty, and comes sooner since it is not coming from China.The MOE is getting the hype but the AT may just be as good or a bit better. Dual driver gets people excited but I don't automatically go for that as making it better. I think these two newbies need to duke it out.
popcorn.gif

I think better choice would be Audio technica IM50. Dual driver like MOE, but costs under $60 shipped. And also removable cable. I will buy next week either IM50 or IM70. Also as i have CKX5, i wont buy CKX9 anytime soon. Maybe will buy CHX5 or CHX7 and see how good they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back